Mike's Oud Forums

World-wide collaboration?

Sazi - 12-10-2009 at 04:46 PM

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, but I'm sure our intrepid moderators will move it if need be;)

We have an amazing amount of talent here @ Mike's, - obviously a huge number of oud players, many of whom play a number of different instruments, some very knowledgeable and capable sound engineers, composers, arrangers, producers etc., and others perhaps with less experience in these fields, but still with interesting styles or ideas.

How about a world-wide collaboration?

I haven't thought about the nitty-gritty's yet, - I'm sure there would be a lot of details to work out, - just wanted to throw the idea "out there"...

Any thoughts or ideas?

Cheers, S

FLIPAX - 12-11-2009 at 02:24 AM

Hey Saz Great Idea....

Why don't we release a real record cd compilation of taksim from different players here in the forum.

Each player can record professionally there there tracks and sent it. If There is someone can do the final mastering or editing. And Also copyright for the cd.

Mike oud's Taksim!:buttrock: and we can sell it to the public. and also copyright it and give benefits to the player who made the recording. This will be a international release. so everyone can buy it directly with mike or some manages the sales etc etc....

Also if the cd can be split into themes like:

Ist Part: List of Makams. So we can showcased different makams played by players here. e.g. One Makam One Person Etc.. etc...

2nd Part: Can Be a Anything that he composed no bounderies here.

So all in all 2 Songs for each person willing to contribute.

If someone will organise and willing to master the tracks and print.
We have also a lot of artist here that do designing. hecan make the art work for MIke Oud Taksim.

It would be a great achievement to MIke Oud's.

Let all the People know about this.

I will try to talk to mike about this...

It is also good because we have something to look back in time and listen. And not only you but a lot of players will also play so when u listen to the cd it will be amazing and fresh all the tim.

Its good to see an Oud cd that played by various Oudist from all over the world.

And Some Bio also from the player. Pictures, Links etc etc. So every one has the cd has a lot to look foward into.

And Here he can also add information if he is a luthier. one way of also advertising he's oud making.

Its very nice to have a cd compilation that we can share all over the world.

What do u thinks SaZ?

e.g.

If I'm starting oud and I visit Mike ouds for the first time. and see the CD I will defenitely buy it. If I'm into Oud. Like we all are.

Its a + + thing. Someboy will surely buy this. Beautiful cd.

Gather all the player around here spread the word my friend!

kindest regards

Philip:buttrock:

Sazi - 12-11-2009 at 02:28 AM

Don't throw the ball back to me, pass it to someone else, we'll analyze the game later...;)

FLIPAX - 12-11-2009 at 02:45 AM

Ok

No Problem!:D

I'll U2U mike Regarding this.

Cheers

Pass the words.........

Thanks

Philip

BTW Also it does not need to be a specific makam.

Any 2 song composition will be fine.

Lets wait for mike's input about this.

David.B - 12-11-2009 at 02:56 AM

Have you ever heard this ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us-TVg40ExM

This is what I think about when you evoke a "World-wide collaboration?" Sazi :xtreme:

Just a dream, difficult to realize such a thing !

FLIPAX - 12-11-2009 at 03:00 AM

Thats Amazing David!

Im just watching it.

I will fill in the details after I watch it.

Cheers

Philip

David.B - 12-11-2009 at 03:10 AM

Many songs like this Philip :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAjFnJuk1Aw&feature=channel

Even if Stand By Me is my favorit :)

FLIPAX - 12-11-2009 at 03:24 AM

This very chill man!

Thanks for the videos

what do u think about the record cd collaboration?

Philip

David.B - 12-11-2009 at 03:37 AM

It would be interesting, even if it's a big machine to move ! If I'm pragmatic and I think about me : my recordings are not pro, and I don't think many of us get the material to record themselves properly... BTW it could be interesting to get rough recordings ; one of my dream is to travel and record oud players all around the world, at home, restaurants, in the street... Something non-professional, so. The big deal is, who play what and the level of audibility ?

FLIPAX - 12-11-2009 at 04:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David.B  
my recordings are not pro, and I don't think many of us get the material to record themselves properly...

Hopefully you can get help from a professional person who does recording. and to help u record your oud solo. Find someone in your state that can help.

Actually it does not need to be professional oudist because it not just the way it is.
The important thing here is we can showcase our playing to the world and something to look at when we are old.

BTW it could be interesting to get rough recordings ; one of my dream is to travel and record oud players all around the world, at home, restaurants, in the street...

That's good to hear man!:airguitar:

The big deal is, who play what and the level of audibility ?

What do u mean exactly level of Audibility?

Flip

Aymara - 12-11-2009 at 06:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by FLIPAX  

Mike oud's Taksim!:buttrock:

And what about people, who play different music like Rock or medieval European music?

Quote:

That might result in a Double-CD or even more ;)

Have you ever heard this ?

Youtube has censored these videos due to copyright reasons ... even if I change my location in Youtube :(

FLIPAX - 12-11-2009 at 06:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Aymara  

And what about people, who play different music like Rock or medieval European music?

No problem they can composed also. But it should have the oud instrument on the track. Mix Genra's are more interesting. I think its acceptable. But this is more hard work of recording and mixing and editing. More job for the Engineer.:D

That might result in a Double-CD or even more ;)

That's more better. The More the merrier. Lot of Taksims! :xtreme:

Youtube has censored these videos due to copyright reasons ... even if I change my location in Youtube :(

Try u94 or Hotspot shield it will unblock sites and links.

That's what I use here in UAE. Coz some of the sites are also block.

Cheers

Philip

Sazi - 12-11-2009 at 07:04 AM

This is what I think about when you evoke a "World-wide collaboration?" Sazi :xtreme:

Hmmm, I think about something quite different...

Just a dream, difficult to realize such a thing !

It's a reality for a lot of people in the recording industry now, nobody has the money to be flying people in just to lay down a track or to mix or produce, so people are sending their stuff to others all over the world to do their bit and send it back. (In fact people are making money from just this kind of thing.)

ok, back to you guys,

Cheers, S

FLIPAX - 12-11-2009 at 07:07 AM

wowow

NIce

Intermission!

:D

Sazi - 12-11-2009 at 07:36 AM

It would be interesting, even if it's a big machine to move ! If I'm pragmatic and I think about me : my recordings are not pro, and I don't think many of us get the material to record themselves properly...

This is the kind of thing I'm thinking of, you've heard my old youtube recordings that were done on a cheap and nasty oud with an equally cheap and nasty mic, yet with a bit of judicious tweaking by someone with a bit of decent gear or plug-ins, it ends up half decent.

This is something I'm thinking about too, quite a few people here are into early music, it would be good to do something like this.

The big deal is, who play what and the level of audibility ?

is that so? why does it have to be that way?

When I threw the idea out there, I guess I was thinking of something more along the lines of say, you have an idea, pass it to someone to listen to, to get their ideas on it, or to add say, a nay, or duduk, or drone, help with arrangement, add strings, bass, whatever. The process would have to be agreed on by whoever is involved in that particular piece, & if the mixer/producer was not too emotionally involved in the playing and just approached it as if it was a commercial release, there should be no concern about things being or not being heard, I don't imagine all of us playing on every piece.

But hey, this is just an idea, and I'm interested in where we could take it, or what other ideas come from it, I'm sure it could evolve into something quite different... eh Flip?;)

Hatem_Afandi - 12-11-2009 at 07:41 AM

G’Day Sazi, Dave, and Aymara,
I think it is a gre Pil, andat idea. I was thinking about the same thing for a while.
Actually, I have a couple of ongoing projects that are based on the idea of” international corporation” thanks to members from the forum and from outside the forum. More details to follow later.
Maybe we should start moving forward in terms of a solid plan to start. I suggest that we start with a youtube video, gather as many clips as possible, get someone to do the montage, and then we can take a vote later whether we should pursue a DVD production.
I also suggest that all the profits go to a charity cause that we should identify as well.
Thanks for the brilliant idea. I am sure that we have enough passion and enthusiasm within the group to “assimilate” more cultures into serious oudism!
Salaam,
Hatem

FLIPAX - 12-11-2009 at 09:30 AM

Hi Hatem!:wavey:

Quote: Originally posted by Hatem_Afandi  

I suggest that we start with a youtube video, gather as many clips as possible, get someone to do the montage, and then we can take a vote later whether we should pursue a DVD production.

Actually tony already started a video collage of many oud member players here in the forum. The DVD Idea is great hatem.

Here's the Link of the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuPFuaDJNqc

Here's the topic from Tony's Thread:
http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=9991

Quote: Originally posted by Hatem_Afandi  

I am sure that we have enough passion and enthusiasm within the group to “assimilate” more cultures into serious oudism!

Definetely My friend!:applause:

Cheers
Have a Great Day.....

Tell me what u think Hatem? Thanks

Philip

Aymara - 12-11-2009 at 09:39 AM

Mmh ... I see two different approaches until now:

1. An audio or video sampler of individual recordings.

2. see below:

Quote: Originally posted by Sazi  
..., you have an idea, pass it to someone to listen to, to get their ideas on it, or to add say, a nay, or duduk, or drone, help with arrangement, add strings, bass, whatever.

And here we are talking about real collobaration and with the help of Reaper we could even form a virtual band and do a professional multi track recording.

But without good bandwidth the data transfer would be a real pain ... especially uploads. An alternative would be the data exchange between musicians by CD and snail mail, but than the project might take months.

David.B - 12-11-2009 at 10:08 AM

Here we've got something stimulating :D

I think we should start on something easy, each one with his own possibilities propose something and each one vote (except for his own sound clip). Then each elected send via post office what he's got to the guy who is able to mix the CD. About the production I don't know. But if we earn money, it could serve for a kind of "real" association which could allowed us to product something with an artistic collaboration into the different tracks, like what I posted :

http://www.playingforchange.com/

David.B - 12-11-2009 at 10:24 AM

To me our community sounds like :

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4471685519999859252#

"Crossing the Bridge - The Sound of Istanbul"

Around one instrument, oud, we mix many different cultures and styles and instead of Istanbul we are spread all around the world... Sure there's something to do here :)

Aymara - 12-11-2009 at 11:09 AM

"Crossing the Bridge - The Sound of Istanbul"

I remember that film ... very inspiring.

FLIPAX - 12-11-2009 at 01:08 PM

A video based on David.B reply:

Playing for change Explained
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6zQG4cJqzo&feature=fvst

Philip

Hatem_Afandi - 12-11-2009 at 01:27 PM

Hi Phil,

I saw Tonny's video before. The improvisations are very nice. What I meant was actual videos by the members, then thru mix and match a final clip (or several ones) can be mixed together.

I think it will be a good start of a new concept if that video contains some kind of “medley” representing each player’s background or homeland. Whoever takes on the task of putting it together should be able to ensure a good mix and match among all the clips.

You have a great day as well,

Hatem

Ararat66 - 12-11-2009 at 01:28 PM

Hi here

I think its a great idea - you could end up with a box-set if you're not careful :D

There are all sorts of ways you could pass on a piece of music, one could be just that that the last few phrases of one piece inspire the start of another piece so they flow together but have different sections like a musical Chinese Whispers.

The other is to simply compile a series of sound files by members and draw them together in themes as you said ie Maqam etc.

Could do both. The sound quality will be an important factor so we may have to help each other out here.

It would be good to have a mix of players from well known more established players to those more like myself - but there needs I think to be good quality running through ... not just a pile of doodles (a reference to myself btw don't take offence :)).

It would be good to hear from others ... we are a very special community I think ... there's magic in them there ouds!!

Best wishes

Leon

Aymara - 12-11-2009 at 01:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ararat66  
... not just a pile of doodles ...

Not an easy task, because many people don't have good enough recording equipment.

Quote:
... there's magic ...

We are all magicians and our wand is the oud ;)

mrkmni - 12-11-2009 at 03:50 PM

Good idea Sazi, I hope it will end up with some project.
may be we could play the same song like Bint Chalabya for example.
but in this case we should have the same tuning...

Sazi - 12-11-2009 at 04:07 PM

- you could end up with a box-set if you're not careful :D

Bit busy at the moment, but this is getting really interesting, a lot of good ideas, and a lot of details to consider, keep the idea's flowing and I'm sure we can come up with a few workable projects.

All the best, S

David.B - 12-11-2009 at 11:37 PM

There are all sorts of ways you could pass on a piece of music, one could be just that that the last few phrases of one piece inspire the start of another piece so they flow together but have different sections like a musical Chinese Whispers.

Interesting one, but with a different level of recording it's gonna be horrible...

What about

The other is to simply compile a series of sound files by members and draw them together in themes as you said ie Maqam etc.

first ?

It would be a cliché of nowadays oud players. It would be really interesting from an ethno-musicology point of view too.
As I read it before some are interesting by songs, so what about a double CD, one centered on maqamat and one on songs. I'm sure we've got material here...

I repeat myself, but without the same equipment to record ourself it's going to be difficult to do something together simultaneously. And if some of us have the right equipment to record themselves they will let the others on the lowside of the road. All together or just some small groups ? That's also a point to discuss ! At the end, through my point of view (global), I would say that the money we could earn would help us to buy a recording equipment through an association we could create for this purpose and send someone around the world to record us with the same quality. Like "Playing For Change" (Hey Philip, did you see the oud in the right side ;)) or "Crossing The Bridge".

About the production I know a couple of sites which sell books on demand (http://www.lulu.com/fr/index.php), does anyone know the same about CDs ?

Aymara - 12-12-2009 at 12:29 AM

I repeat myself, but without the same equipment to record ourself it's going to be difficult to do something together simultaneously.

The above mentioned Reaper software would help here, because it's shareware and really powerful.

But everybody would need a good microphone or pickup ... how many have that? Only a few.

David.B - 12-12-2009 at 02:22 AM

Yes Chris, the first problem is the microphone (or pickup)... It's more expensive than a oud !

I use this one and it's far away from pro mic. Do you have a pro one ?

Aymara - 12-12-2009 at 02:35 AM

Do you have a pro one ?

No, not yet. I'm planning to buy a professional audio interface to be able to do professional recordings with Reaper. Then I will be able to use my 12-string guitar, which has a very good pickup.

Regarding the oud, I'm a bit undecided, if I should use a good mic (a pro one needs phantom power) or a pickup instead ... the later has the advantage, that you have less problems with unwanted background "noise" for example from the neighbour's childs, etc..

David.B - 12-12-2009 at 03:28 AM

Yes, I know this problem, some birds sing on my recordings... could be seen as a charming stuff too ;)

Aymara - 12-12-2009 at 04:12 AM

... could be seen as a charming stuff too ;)

Birds, yes ... a romantic touch ... but not neighbour's children crying Maaaama :D

suz_i_dil - 12-18-2009 at 10:07 AM

I'm just discovering this thread.
So just a short message to say I would be interested in participating.
Thank you Sazi for this idea!

Sazi - 12-18-2009 at 08:38 PM

That's great, we'll wait for a bit more input and a few more ideas, keep thinking about it everyone, & we'll make it happen.

Yes there are a lot of technical considerations to consider, I'll keep my thinking cap on and see what solutions I can think of.

For those of us without a lot of cash to splash, as Chris says, Reaper is definitely the way to go as far as sequencers are concerned, the bundled plug-ins aren't too shabby and it has a decent time-stretch algorithm to overcome any slight tuning/timing discrepancies.

As far as interfaces go, I'm in the same boat, as I had to sell mine to finance another oud, so I'm looking at some of the cheapish options out there, one of which is one of the many new and relatively cheap usb mic solutions, no interface needed, not sure if there are any 24bit ones though, the ones I've seen have been 16bit, which is a bit poor these days.

Another option for those with access to a decent mic is the Shure usb mic interface, plug your mic into it and plug it into your usb port and Bob's your aunty's live-in lover.

A good common recording file format would be the standard broadcast wav, 24bit / 48kHz I think.

Hey David, those little sony stereo mic's sound really good mounted inside the oud,- if you have open sound-holes that is,- I tried one on a borrowed zoom H2, in a few different positions in the room, ranging from a few cm to a few metres, after being not too happy about any of the test recordings, in desperation I hung the mic inside my oud and that was the best sound by far!

More input!

Cheers, S

David.B - 12-18-2009 at 11:13 PM

Hi Sazi, I few years ago I saw this product :

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.main&ID=e7cb91494b...

I'm completely lost about technology and I preferred to wait instead of wasting money. In fact I've got to invest in almost everything from the computer (mine are dinosaurs) to the mic. And to stick on mic, I'm going to try to hang my ECM-DS70P inside the oud, I'm wondering about the c strings and shocks... let's see !

Aymara - 12-19-2009 at 12:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Sazi  
..., as Chris says, Reaper is definitely the way to go as far as sequencers are concerned, the bundled plug-ins aren't too shabby ...

Reaper is cheap (especially for private use) and very powerful ... and it's more than just a sequencer ... it's a complete virtual studio (DAW = digital audio workstation). The VST plugins (e.g. reverb and delay) are great, but virtual instruments are missing. A good source for free VSTi is HERE ... some of them sound really professional.

Fact is, with a good microphone and a good audio interface, you can produce songs in CD quality.

Quote:
A good common recording file format would be the standard broadcast wav, 24bit / 48kHz I think.

In Reaper I use the Bounce option to export my songs to 32bit WAV and convert them later to standard CD format WAV in Audacity.

... few years ago I saw this product ...

The M-Audio interfaces have a very good reputation for home recording.

Sazi - 12-19-2009 at 01:06 AM

... years ago I saw this product :

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.main&ID=e7cb91494b...

That's a nice little interface, at a good price too!

...mine are dinosaurs)

Join the club!:(

... and it's more than just a sequencer ... it's a complete virtual studio (DAW = digital audio workstation).

I mean sequencer not in the old-school step sequencer way, it is a common term for what you call daw's., to me a daw is just what it say's... a digital audio workstation, which implies that it is the whole system, computer, interface, control surface, kbd etc.... the recording software itself is known as a sequencer.

No matter, we are talking about the same thing here.;)

In Reaper I use the Bounce option to export my songs to 32bit WAV and convert them later to standard CD format WAV in Audacity.

I prefer to record in 32bit float, which is how my sequencer processes audio internally, thus giving the highest possible quality then export to whatever file format is needed for the job, most jobs I do require Broadcast wav format, and it is handy for dvd's, it can be dithered down to 16bit for cd.

Well, at least we're on the right track here, ('scuse the pun)

Cheers, S

David.B - 12-19-2009 at 02:22 AM

I've just tried my mic inside the oud, no problem with the strings and there are no shocks because it's laid on the bottom of the bowl. GREAT SOUND, that simple, why didn't I think about that before ? Also as you reduce the level of the sound at the enter of the microphone (I use a MD recorder) there are almost no parasitic noises (no more birds and children ! Not sure about the last one ;)). The sound is deeper and I hope I'll be able to share it with you on my next recording, I'm waiting for a new set of Daniel Mari which sounds good and I'll try all the nice material you gave here for something better than I use to do !

SONY ECM-DS70P is really cheap in comparison of a pro mic : 19.99 $ on Amazon ( http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Ecm-ds70p-Mini-Microphone/dp/B00313XRZI/... ).

We are on the right track :D

Aymara - 12-19-2009 at 02:59 AM

19.99 $ on Amazon

Wow, that price is shocking good. In Germany you can be happy, if you get it below 60€.

Thank god, I have open sound holes :D

David.B - 12-19-2009 at 11:09 AM

Chris before you buy I recorded myself on a quick little piece to give to you an idea :

http://www.4shared.com/file/176803365/701b48a3/Bellazi_outside.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/176803390/87e9a0e3/Bellazi_inside.html

This is a Sukar oud Mod. 1 with Kürshner and to be honest I'm a bit disappointed, the sound is a bit blocked. I felt something better with my Sukar Model 8 with Daniel Mari, I heard my fingers on the strings from the inside and it gave a bluesy touch... BTW you can invest it won't ruin you :D

Aymara - 12-19-2009 at 11:55 AM

... I recorded myself on a quick little piece to give to you an idea ...

Thanks ... very helpful.

Quote:
... I'm a bit disappointed, the sound is a bit blocked.

I'm not astonished ... we shouldn't forget, that this is an entry level mic with a limited frequency range, especially overtones are missing ... no wonder, 15 kHz is the limit.

The outside recording sounds more natural, though here the bass is a bit flat.

Quote:
BTW you can invest it won't ruin you :D

For 20$ it's a good first start, but for nearly 70€ like in some German shops, it's massively overpriced ... I think there are better mics available at that price, aren't there?

dogaicincal

ztochaztik - 12-22-2009 at 12:08 AM

here is another one:

http://www.dogaicincal.com/divaneasikgibi.html

a simple repeating tune and lots of room for improvisation. a similar one with ouds would be nice...

David.B - 12-22-2009 at 12:40 AM

... Yes, but the same equipment served for everyone. Also in the same country it sounds realizable (a car with your equipment and let's go), but from all around the world :shrug:

fernandraynaud - 12-24-2009 at 04:40 AM

Sorry i just jumped in here, so i'm missing base info. Regarding mics, I don't think it's a problem with the quality of the $19 mic, it has more to do with how to use it, and "ambience". Inside the bowl you have none. You need a sense of separation, of space. Random is usually good. You can also synthetically create spaces in post-production with DSP. And you can pre-process a specific economy mic to sound like a famous mic. Just about any mic that is not noisy is capable of sounding very very good.

mrkmni - 12-24-2009 at 02:54 PM

So what is the world's project?

David.B - 12-25-2009 at 03:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by fernandraynaud  
You can also synthetically create spaces in post-production with DSP. And you can pre-process a specific economy mic to sound like a famous mic. Just about any mic that is not noisy is capable of sounding very very good.

DSP, pre-processing, a bit abstract but it make sense. I need to learn and I realize my lack of knowledge about that... I'm going to concentrate on maqamat, otherwise it's like putting the cart before the horse. When I'll able to play something good I'll check out a good way to record myself. Before that something tells me that I'm going to stick on my MD recorder for a while :shrug:

Aymara - 12-25-2009 at 11:07 PM

... I'm going to stick on my MD recorder for a while :shrug:

If your PC has a Line-In you could transfer your MD recordings to your PC and experminent with post processing like EQ, reverb, delay, etc..

Sorry for repeating myself, but Reaper is of great help here ... you also could use it as a virtual Darbuka player. I myself like to combine my oud with virtual Tablas and other instruments.

Playing with a virtual band is not the same as playing with real musicians, but definitly more fun than playing alone ;)

Give it a try :airguitar:

David.B - 12-26-2009 at 02:15 AM

Yes Chris, it sounds great. I've got to record myself on Nakriz and I wonder... I use recording as an exam before I keep going, I don't want to stick so much on aesthetic right now, I know that I'm going to "play" computer more than oud in this case ;)

you also could use it as a virtual Darbuka player. I myself like to combine my oud with virtual Tablas and other instruments.

I'm a bit afraid with virtual instruments or recordings on multi-pistes because I can feel a sort of emptiness, no real osmosis between the different instruments. But I'm not obtuse and I'll give it a try :)
(Also, if I think twice, JamMan would be my next invest : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb9qkJ_7jK8)

BTW, "I myself like to combine my oud with virtual Tablas and other instruments", you said it, I hope you'll show us what you can do with your equipment and softwares :D
We might stick on the subject a bit more with examples...

Aymara - 12-26-2009 at 10:25 AM

..., if I think twice, JamMan would be my next invest ...

All you need is to download Reaper and buy a good microphone and an audio interface like the ones from M-Audio ... than you have all you need to beat this JamMan ... whatever it is ;)

With Reaper you can produce songs in HiFi quality.

Quote:
..., I hope you'll show us what you can do with your equipment and softwares :D

As soon as I have my audio interface and microphone ... buying the oud and christmas killed my bank account :D

David.B - 12-27-2009 at 12:54 AM

OK Chris, got it. So I'm going to check out the audio interface first and see if I can pre-process my economy mic as Tony said it above. I think the thread slip to a proper way to record ourself, but impossible to do anything otherwise... I hope the audio interface is going to work because a Xmas curse is running on me : everything I buy or receive does not work or doesn't fit me :mad: ;)

Aymara - 12-27-2009 at 01:45 AM

I think the thread slip to a proper way to record ourself, ...

No wonder ... this is the first step for co-op ;)

Quote:
I hope the audio interface is going to work ...

The M-Audio Fast Track Pro got many good reviews ... I'm currently searching for MY best solution.

amtaha - 1-10-2010 at 08:59 AM

If I had some lyrics in Arabic, and an idea for a melody, perhaps we can work on finding someone else singing and others carrying out the piece.

Is this - roughly - what we're talking about here? :-)

Aymara - 1-10-2010 at 10:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by amtaha  

That's one of the different approaches, we talked about, yes.

Sazi - 1-10-2010 at 04:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by amtaha  
If I had some lyrics in Arabic, and an idea for a melody, perhaps we can work on finding someone else singing and others carrying out the piece.

That's a perfect example of one of the things we could do, and those who can't sing or don't have recording gear could pass ideas to those who can and do.

There are many ways this could work, once there are enough ideas and people interested (and at least some of them kitted out with the requisite gear, which seems to be one of the main stumbling blocks at the moment).

Cheers, S

amtaha - 2-8-2011 at 10:30 PM

I wrote this recently, and I was wondering if someone can help with the composition and singing. I have an idea for a tune, but not sure how to work it out.

http://bawaader.wordpress.com/2011/02/08/lotus/

(It's in colloquial Egyptian Arabic, and it's about the recent happenings in Egypt.)

Let me know.

Hamid.

Graphic design

taalman - 2-9-2011 at 02:29 AM

Hi Guys,
Compilation is a great idea I think.
I can offer for free my graphic service - I can prepare for printing and make design and layout for CD packaging.
You can see some of my works (both artworks and designs) at: http://www.myspace.com/piotrpucylo
All the best,
Piotr
aka Taalman

mrkmni - 2-9-2011 at 06:24 PM

Any poem about egyptian revolution?
tks