Mike's Oud Forums

Najarian electric or Godin Glissentar

Orahim1 - 7-11-2004 at 05:08 PM

I am currently trying to decide between purchasing a Najarian electric oud ($1500) and a Goding Glissentar ($850). I just wanted some advice as to which one would be the best purchase. The Najarian oud has a waiting month of 8 months to get one while I could get a Glissentar within a week. I wonder what the difference in sound is (which is truer to an oud sound), which goes out of tune more often, so on and so forth. I welcome anyone's and everyone's suggestions. Thanks!

tsugumi - 7-29-2004 at 11:51 PM

Hello
Did you already purchase Najarian or Godin?
I think that the Najarian is reproducing the sound of oud more. Probably, it should be thought that Godin is on the extension of a guitar. Mr. Haluk Eraydin is also making electric oud.

Tsugumi

Haluk Eraydin electric oud

wfspark - 7-31-2004 at 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tsugumi
Hello
Did you already purchase Najarian or Godin?
I think that the Najarian is reproducing the sound of oud more. Probably, it should be thought that Godin is on the extension of a guitar. Mr. Haluk Eraydin is also making electric oud.

Tsugumi [/quote
Hello all. The Eraydin electric oud is a new and unique design whose body is based on the design of the Fender Stratacaster design. Its sound in my opinion is more like natural oud sound. The price is cheeper than the Goden instrument. The price for this instrument is $700 US. If you have any questions, please email haluk at halukeraydin@hotmail.com.

William F. Sparks

An additional matter.

tsugumi - 7-31-2004 at 11:17 PM

The website of Haluk Eraydin is http://www.eraydinsazevi.com.tr.

tsugumi

electric ouds

Haluk - 8-1-2004 at 02:45 AM

Hello Friends,

I am attaching photo of patented electric oud design-5,just finished.After 3 days last controls,I'll send it to owner in US,by Turkish Post Office air cargo.
Pickups and equalizer are Shadow brand from Germany.

Regards all.

Haluk

Electric Oud price

periklistsoukalas - 10-8-2009 at 12:53 PM

Dear Haluk.

I've tried to reach your website but it's impossible.
Can you please write me the price for this cutway electric Oud including hard case and shipping to Greece (if).

I've also like to know if you can build in a Fishmann intsead of the one you using. In this case how much it will cost all together?

Regards
Periklis Tsoukalas

SamirCanada - 10-8-2009 at 01:00 PM

Dear Periklis,

our friend Haluk has passed away last year this may be why nobody is responding.

I'm Sorry

periklistsoukalas - 10-8-2009 at 02:10 PM

Oh God! I'm so sorry. may he rest in peace...
thanks for the answer..

periklistsoukalas - 1-6-2010 at 03:18 PM

Hello there!

I'm back with a new electric oud this time but....my first string (higher one, Gerdaniye or Re) as well as my last (bam teli) doesn't have equal sound level as the others.....others are much louder. I tried to enforce the volume by adding small paper pieces underneath the Fishmann piezo cable so to be higher and get more pressure by the strings...it's not working... any idea / clue ??

Periklis