Mike's Oud Forums

Watch this, 2.36 mins onwards

Ararat66 - 4-28-2010 at 12:23 AM

Love this clip, amazing exuberance and risha and a great break from 2.36 mins, and the guy has arms like trees but his wrist is really flexible !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM_chsOXJCU

Leon

francis - 4-28-2010 at 11:43 AM

I love it too. Turkish, Armenian, any sheet somewhere? I would try to play in this catchy way....
Thanks Leon!

JamesOud - 4-29-2010 at 06:57 AM

Sounds like he's fighting with the oud :)

:D

Kelly - 4-29-2010 at 10:50 AM

Thanks Leon
Great playing with fluid energy= drive. Yeah wonderfull risha work sounds like he's playing two parts at the same time. When you come to Manchester we'll visit that Armenian restaurant and have a session there.!

Ararat66 - 4-29-2010 at 12:15 PM

Hi Kelly

I think its 'cos I felt exuberant myself after our weekend with Nizar Rohana. I like the clip because I think the guy has a deceptively light touch but loads of gusto - I don'treckon he's fighting the oud :applause: ... I think the sound quality is not great but that is true of lots of stuff on youtube and you have to listen between the fuzz.

I am now going to practice with my most lyrical lightly touching Nizar enhanced all new rishasonicly modified technique:buttrock:

Leon

Jonathan - 4-29-2010 at 03:55 PM

I think Harry Bedrossian is an amazing player. I don't hear the "fighting with the oud" quality that you describe. This is a live setting, a "kef"--his playing is not going to have the nuance that some solo studio work might have. It should not. His playing fits the occasion perfectly, and I think he is a masterful player.

paulO - 4-29-2010 at 10:03 PM

Yeah man, the guy plays great - his singing reminds me of Harry Minassian a bit. Flat out classic east coast Armenian style oud playing, and an excellent group too.

Regards,

PaulO