Mike's Oud Forums

Playing persian oud in art gallery

Ali - 5-3-2010 at 08:58 AM

Hi
I used my new Sukar Iranian style oud to play 15min solo in an art gallery that was about afghanestan, Saturday May 1st in Seattle . Thanks to Ibrahim Holoubi (Extreamtarab)who helped me ordering and purchasing it. I didn't do my best there but this report includes a small part my performane ,shown in local TV news.
http://downtownseattle.komonews.com/content/new-art-exhibit-afghani...
If anyone kindly do a quick sign up on the Komo4news (above) website and wright some comments about my oud playing there ,I really appreciate that too.
thanks
Ali

&
please leave comment on their website about music ,they didn't even bother to mention my name on their report description ,but they had my sound on the whole report. You need to sign up ,which takes couple minutes for name and Email to confirm and then you can write your comment ,but please do it ,It is not just about me ,but about the musicians to be ignored.
Thanks again
Ali

Aymara - 5-3-2010 at 09:39 AM

Congratulations Ali for playing at this interesting exhibition and being in TV.

ExtreamTarab - 5-3-2010 at 10:02 AM

Very nice Ali...congratulations ;)

Christian1095 - 5-3-2010 at 10:53 AM

Really nice.... Great playing...

Peyman - 5-3-2010 at 10:55 AM

Good job Ali!

Ali - 5-3-2010 at 11:14 AM

Thanks
I really had no time to prepare for it . The lady who had the art gallery is the sister of my friend so he called me the same day and wanted me to go and play something , I grabed the Oud and just played for like 15 Min. , and the reporter just picked this part that I did worst ,forgive me for errors.
I will play something in the better situation with this oud latter and post it.
This Iranian style Sukar is sharp and loud I realy like it.
please leave comment on their website about music ,they didn't even bother to mention my name and the name of the instrument in their report but they had my music on the whole report. You need to sign up ,which takes couple minutes for name and Email to confirm and then you can write your comment ,but plaese do it ,It is not just about me ,but about the musicians to be ignored.

(Ali Ghaemmaghami-Oud/Barbat)
Thanks again
Regards
Ali

fadel - 5-4-2010 at 04:16 AM

hi

nice ali relly

thank