Mike's Oud Forums

Welcome to my new website !

Reda Aouad - 6-25-2010 at 04:44 AM

Hi all.

I would like to welcome you to my new personal website:
www.redaaouad.com

I hope you enjoy it !

MatthewW - 6-25-2010 at 07:57 AM

Hello Reda- great website. :) The sheet music resource is excellent, would it be possible to link each music sheet with a recording so we can read the notes and also hear the song performed by the artist? 'The Lebanon I Dream Of' looks very interesting, is there a way of getting English subtitles added? I'd love to understand what was being said.
I found 'Japanese Human Art' fascinating, the first time I've come across this. As for 'Hero', the only thing I would add is that all TV ought to free, nice advert though. :cool:
best wishes, MW

Reda Aouad - 6-25-2010 at 08:12 AM

Thank you Matthew :) I really appreciate your feedback, and anyone else's of course.

For linking the music sheets with recordings, I would fall into copyright problems, which I know nothing about but that they give headaches. Unless you have an idea.

For The Lebanon I Dream Of, I thought of the subtitles but unfortunately I didn't find any. This is the only way the director published th movie.

I hope you and other members could benefit and contribute to my music sheet collection. I would really appreciate it. I will be updating it soon as I still have other music sheets to publish as well.

Any other suggestions are also welcome.

Thank you again.

R.

oudtab - 6-25-2010 at 09:01 AM

Very nice website Reda!

Bravo!:applause:

katakofka - 6-25-2010 at 09:56 AM

tres joli...habbayto

FastForward - 6-25-2010 at 11:50 AM

Reda, I will try to send you more of the Abdel Wahab Collection, I just need time to scan them.

Reda Aouad - 6-25-2010 at 12:09 PM

Thank you all, thank you FastForward.

fhalaw - 6-25-2010 at 12:53 PM

Reda! 3afek! Good Stuff Khaye!

myeyes2020 - 6-25-2010 at 03:34 PM

Alf mabrook Reda!

What a great resource! Regarding the linking of music to notes: perhaps a link to a youtube clip as a reference might be "legal" but that's just an idea.

Love it!!!!

Adel

Edward Powell - 6-26-2010 at 02:03 AM

great site!
nice to finally see what you look like :)

francis - 6-26-2010 at 05:16 PM

Bravo Reda.

Great website,
I need more time to spend in each part, and I hope this ( these ) time (s) come soon!

Marina - 6-26-2010 at 10:08 PM

:applause:

Benjamin - 6-27-2010 at 12:12 PM

7elu ktir ya a5i alf mabrouk!
Professionnal design and nice music, enjoyed saalouni an nass among others..

hama - 6-27-2010 at 12:15 PM

well done Rada very impressive
the sheet music part is very useful too, Bravo

Reda Aouad - 6-27-2010 at 02:32 PM

Thank you all. I really appreciate it.

fhalaw, a member of this forum, and a great friend of mine, suggested I make the music sheet section of my website open to the public, meaning anyone can upload music sheets. This way we can together expand the archive and contribute in a better sharing place for music sheets.

So what do you think about the idea? Are you willing to contribute if you had the option?
I know it will take a lot of administration from my side to make sure everything stays consistent and well organized, but if you encourage the idea I will seriously look into it.

I will be waiting for your feedback. Thanks in advance.