Mike's Oud Forums

Wanted: Affordable oud, good quality.

drkam6 - 7-15-2010 at 07:27 AM

Hello,

Kind regards to all. I'm back after a long while.
I am looking for a good, very decent quality oud. I understand that their prices are quite high these days. However, if there would be any second-hand instrument available I would be very interested.

I have been checking the marvelous ouds built by Mr. Ali Al-Ibrahim and Mr. Nazih Ghadban. If at all possible, I'm interested in a Nahat style oud, or Iraqi oud. I would prefer an instrument built in mahogany with spruce top; rosewood would be ideal but it may be too expensive.

It could be possible for me to buy it in a couple of payments, probably around November-December. Finances are not the greatest right now for me but I would love to get back playing and writing for oud. Sorry if my expectations sound a bit too high.

Thank you and may God bless you all.

Carlos Najar

siro - 7-15-2010 at 08:17 AM

hi dear carlos,how much you can pay?

fhalaw - 7-15-2010 at 03:57 PM

Hello,
I have a Salmeen Oud for sale. If you're in Montreal pass by and check it out. (I also have a Ghadban, NOT for sale, but you can try it :)
email me at:
fadi.halawi@gmail.com

drkam6 - 7-27-2010 at 12:25 PM

Thank you very much Siro and Fadi for your replies... my funds would be between $500-$800... hope it's ok... I'm planning to perform and record with the Oud so I would like it to have decent sound with decent woods...

Fadi, too bad I'm too far away from Montreal, I'm in Calgary Alberta - next year we're planning to move to the maritimes though. Wish I could try both Ghadban and Salmeen Ouds, maybe you would have any photos available?

Best regards,

Carlos