Mike's Oud Forums

electric ouds

Haluk - 8-13-2004 at 01:49 AM

Dear Friends,

We have produced electric oud design-2 with Shadow brand pickups and equalizer from Germany.Our next product will be with rosettes on the oud.
Photo of it attached.

Regards all.
Regards all.

oudplayer - 8-14-2004 at 05:36 PM

hey i like this a lot how much does it cost
thx sam

Haluk - 8-15-2004 at 12:26 AM

Hi Sam,

It's price 700$.

Regards.

oudplayer - 8-15-2004 at 06:08 AM

hi do u have sound files o f it

Haluk - 8-15-2004 at 07:30 AM

Please visit:http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=807 for to listen sound file of it.

Regards.

riverbird - 8-24-2004 at 08:59 AM

this is the very oud I ordered from Haluk. I have always wanted an electric oud and was excited to learn Haluk is making them. the oud was shipped a couple weeks ago and I should receive it soon; my fingers are crossed for luck. I enjoyed my experience with Haluk so far. I will let this forum know how everything turns out.

Haluk - 8-24-2004 at 09:39 AM

Yes,it is your oud.I have sent a design-5 oud in same day to US. with your oud.
Recipient of design-5 oud has recieved safely his oud.I hope in 1-2 days,you also will recieve your oud.

Regards.

Greg - 8-3-2005 at 04:32 AM

I had the great good fortune to spend a few hours with one of Haluk's electric ouds last weekend. I was very surpised at just how good it was. I had imagined that a totally non-acoustic instrument such as this would have none of the charm of the real thing. I was wrong. As we all know, it is virtually impossible to amplify an acoustic oud to very high levels without paying a high price in tonal quality. The Haluk electric oud that I played could be amplified to any level and still retain the beautiful tonal characteristics that are the essence of the traditional instrument. If I had need of high volumes, I would have no hesitation in buying one of these.
(and no, I am not being paid by Haluk, I don't even know the man. But I like to give credit where credit is due)

Regards,

Greg

electric ouds

Haluk - 8-3-2005 at 10:45 AM

Hi,

Because of electronic materials prices increased,I had to increase the prices of electric ouds to $765 instead of $700 since 6 months.

I thought to make electric ouds different colored like electric guitars.One of black colored oud's picture attached.

Regards.

picture of e-oud

Haluk - 8-3-2005 at 10:53 AM

Picture of oud attached

stringmanca - 8-4-2005 at 11:28 AM

Haluk - these are great designs! I've been lurking on this site for awhile, reading the forums, and had to register when I found this topic!

I don't see these on your Web site - have you come out with the rosettes yet on the design-2?

How would I go about ordering one?

Thanks,
Nathan

Haluk - 8-4-2005 at 12:53 PM

Hi Nathan,

I couldn't put all the pictures on my web site yet.

In a short while,about in 20 days,I will make design-2 with rosettes and pickguard,after I finished 2 e-ouds of my US customer.

You may order by your credit card.Please send e-mail for more information.

Regards.