Mike's Oud Forums

Godin Glissentar strings in EU?

giannak - 1-11-2011 at 08:14 AM

Hi there!

Have you any idea of an e-music store selling the original Godin or the Thomastik KR116 string sets in EU (or Greece:D in particular)?

John.
--

oudtab - 1-11-2011 at 09:25 AM

Bonjour,

About Godin glissentar strings :

http://www.stringsandbeyond.com/goglgust.html

Aymara - 1-11-2011 at 10:04 AM

I read in a guitar forum, that people recommended to buy 2 packs of Thomastik-Infeld Classic S instead, which don't produce this horrible screetching noise, when the fingers slide over the strings. And they last very long.

giannak - 1-11-2011 at 11:02 AM

1) oudtab, I'm aware of Godin strings @ stringsandbeyond.com, but the store is in the US, and the shipping cost in EU is too high compared to a local EU store (e.g. like Thomann). That's why I posted the question at first place...

2) Aymara, you're right, a lot of people support your claim about Thomastik-Infeld Classic S strings (even into this forum), but unfortunately, I cannot find these too in a EU store.

In summary, my "googling" for a EU store which sells the original Godin or the Thomastik-Infeld strings has failed until now. I'll keep searching...

Thanks for your responses,

John.
--

Aymara - 1-11-2011 at 11:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by giannak  
In summary, my "googling" for a EU store which sells the original Godin or the Thomastik-Infeld strings has failed until now.

Sorry, I forgot to mention, that you can order the Thomastik strings at Thomann in Germany ... a reputable dealer ... never had a problem with them.

The Glissentar strings can be ordered from Musik Produktiv also in Germany.

Happy shopping ;) ... both websites can be set to English.