Mike's Oud Forums

Bassam Saba

Greg - 2-25-2011 at 08:33 AM

A visit to Brian Prunka's website and his listing of Bassam Saba as one of his influences, reminded me that I hadn't heard much from this fine player. He gets far too few mentions on these forums and I believe we all have a lot to learn from him.

Here is a wonderful piece he recorded a few years ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqCFacwPM38

Nothing too flashy, just inspired and beautiful Arabic music from start to finish.

Enjoy!

Greg

myeyes2020 - 2-25-2011 at 04:23 PM

I've had the good fortune of getting a few pointers from him and being a member of his chamber music ensemble for a week at the Arabic Music Retreat. He's a very humble and patient man. I enjoyed this video and didnt know it exists.

Adel

fernandraynaud - 2-25-2011 at 06:48 PM

What a beautiful clip! And that smile at the end is a touch that says everything.

YaekoCubr1501 - 5-9-2011 at 10:26 PM

Great video.. Bassam Saba is a great man and he is one of the best singer in Arabic Music.

Ararat66 - 5-10-2011 at 12:27 AM

What a coincidence

I noticed this a few weeks ago when Youtubing one evening but couldn't remember the player ... really beautiful playing.

Leon

paulO - 5-10-2011 at 04:41 PM

Beautiful playing, cool improvisational concept, ultra relaxed technique, and great tone -- a lot to learn indeed. The fellow has it all going on. Thanks for sharing.

Regards..Paul

Greg - 5-10-2011 at 11:07 PM

Now that this February thread has been brought back to the top, let's see what else Mr Saba can do :bowdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CftWk_C1J-s&feature=related

I just wish it was Bassam Saba's Brisbane Arabic Orchestra :)

Greg

bibo10 - 5-22-2011 at 01:42 PM

Bassam is an amazing player. i was lucky enough attend their concert back in february, they were absolutely intense.
i recommend everyone that lives in the tri-state area to attend at least one of their concerts. i believe it's 2-3 times a year. John vergara would know all the details.

MyOudLover - 5-24-2011 at 11:33 PM

Very nice clip.
I love it