Mike's Oud Forums

what do you thik of this oud?

aldokhi - 9-5-2004 at 11:57 PM

I found this on lark in the morning website they ask for $500.

walkad - 9-6-2004 at 04:03 AM

Do you have any information abou the maker? The picture doesnt give much details about the oud and how well crafted it is. Without more info I cant see how it could be worth 500$.

aldokhi - 9-6-2004 at 11:13 AM

this is said to be an egyptian made oud with floating bridge that's the only info available on the site!

mavrothis - 9-6-2004 at 12:09 PM

Hey,

This looks a lot like the ouds I played in Cairo with Mike that were for sale by the guys of Nile Shop. Lark in the Morning is always overpriced man, I would sooner contact Yehia than these guys, you'll get a better deal with Yehia anyway. If you want to spend your money wisely on an Egyptian oud that's a little higher in quality, you should go with Shehata.

That's my opinion. :D

Take care,

mav

aldokhi - 9-6-2004 at 01:50 PM

where can i find a shehata oud?

palestine48 - 9-6-2004 at 06:45 PM

Mavro is right, I've seen ouds like this on ebay from a company called pyramid shop for half the price. I've seen the ouds lark sells here in san francisco and they are not to appealing. To get a shehata oud go to the ebay store nile shop and email yehia. He is the dealer that will provide you info on these ouds.

syrianoud - 8-8-2005 at 09:52 PM

This Oud is sold by Lark in the Morning....

Amos - 8-9-2005 at 04:40 AM

Hi,
I actually own one of these ouds...I bought it a while back from Nile Shop on ebay for about $130..so $500 is crazy. sounds nice for a beginner oud though. Good luck, Amos