Mike's Oud Forums

are there any oud people in the massachusetts area?

dennis perusse - 9-8-2004 at 07:01 PM

hello everyone,

I just got my oud around a month ago from a company called Touch the Earth at an event called the Pennsic War run by the SCA (Society for the Creative Anachronism). I am wondering if anyone of you (ie oud players)live in the Ma area.

dennis perusse
mach01913@yahoo.com

mavrothis - 9-9-2004 at 07:39 AM

Hi,

There are lots of players in MA. Why not contact Peter Kyvelos, the main luthier in the area, and stop by for a visit at his shop. You can find his contact info. here under oud makers: Favorite Links

Take care,

mav

Jonathan - 9-9-2004 at 11:00 AM

Mav--that link does not go to his web site, but rather goes to a news article about Kyvelo receiving the National Heritage Fellowship.
I know that his shop is in Belmont MA, and the phone number can be obtained from the operator.
Still, I like that link, Mav, and I hope you keep it. When somebody is as passionate about ouds as Kyvelos, and strives for such a high level of quality, it is nice that they get recognition. And, it has a picture of an amazing looking oud.

mavrothis - 9-9-2004 at 02:43 PM

Hi,

Yeah, he doesn't have a site, but I wanted to have some kind of nice link for him. You don't need to use the operator for his number, it's listed there by the link.

;)

Take care,

mav