Mike's Oud Forums

Fathy Amin Oud for Sale in London UK

Oudini - 7-4-2011 at 08:24 AM

Hi guys, I have a great Fathy Amin oud for sale, It looks and sounds amazing,

It has a alternate rib pattern design on the bowl that goes all the way up the neck, a 'mirror' front plate, lovebirds design on all three sounds holes with a mother of pearl design around each one of them. The sound is very warm, loud and clear, it sounds beautiful.

I don't know how to post abroad as i don't have a hardcase and have a hard time finding a good postal service with insurance.

Must sell to finance my trip abroad in 2 weeks.

for more pics, go to http://s969.photobucket.com/albums/ae176/mastershef/Oud%20New/

Thanks

Oudini

1.jpg - 71kB 2.jpg - 19kB

Sam - 7-4-2011 at 04:24 PM

Sayed Fathi Amin work. you got tricked :))

Sam

:rolleyes:

Oudini - 7-5-2011 at 08:44 AM

Same thing, father and son craftsmanship are almost identical.
Sayed physically makes makes the oud and sometimes his dad helps/watches over.

Question: Do you think Maurice Shehata ouds are made by Maurice Shehata?

Alfaraby - 7-6-2011 at 12:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Oudini  
Same thing, father and son craftsmanship are almost identical.
Sayed physically makes makes the oud and sometimes his dad helps/watches over.

No Sir, they are not the same & they don't work together. Each has his own workshop: Fathy in Souq Alhamam & Sayyed in Faisal st. They may cooperate sometimes, but Fathy has nothing to do with Sayyed's ouds. Fathy used to be a great luthier before he quit working manually. He buys the parts & Mahmoud, his assistant, puts them together. He hasn't built a single oud for two decades now ! Sayyed, on the other hand, is a very active luthier, yet not as reputable as his father.

Quote: Originally posted by Oudini  

Question: Do you think Maurice Shehata ouds are made by Maurice Shehata?

Absolutely not. Maurice does not touch a single wood in his workshop. Hany, Waleed, Georges & more make the whole oud by themselves, while Maurice runs the business. Hany has been working there for the last 25 years & more, since he started as a boy working for & under the instructions of the late master Farouq Shahata, Maurice's father. He's the man behind Maurice's ouds now & this does not mean they're not as good as we've witnessed Maurice's, if not even better.

Yours indeed
Alfaraby

bibo10 - 7-6-2011 at 04:54 AM

Is there a picture of the label

Oudini - 9-10-2011 at 10:23 AM

Hi, sorry about the late reply, i was abroad and I'm back now.
Its a fathy amin and son oud, its very hard to take a picture of the label but ive managed to get most of it and have uploaded it to the picture album:

http://s969.photobucket.com/albums/ae176/mastershef/Oud%20New/

I'm also selling a Fathy Amin Floating bridge oud with Ebony keys and the label on it is exactly the same as this one.

Oudini - 11-18-2011 at 05:35 AM

Hi, the oud is still available if anyone is interested

Mike1158 - 5-23-2012 at 10:53 AM

Hi,, Is it still available?

Oudini - 6-11-2012 at 02:21 PM

Hi, this oud was sold quite some ago. Also one of my floating bridge ouds has now been sold, i have one beautiful oud left and i would suggest that if you can travel to London, you should come and hear it. It is loud, clear and has a beautiful echo.
Thanks