Mike's Oud Forums

Selling a Shehata

freya - 9-30-2011 at 12:56 PM

Hi,

I have decided to sell my Shehata "Nahat". I got it new in 2005 and only played it a year before moving to a smaller, Turkish scale, instrument. The action is low at about 3/32 inch where the neck meets the body with _no_ buzzes. There is some slight discoloration of the fingerboard from playing but no wear. I do not have the original soft case but will include one _if_ I can find one that fits.

I think I paid $980 originally and will sell for $650 + actual shipping anywhere in the continental US (only). Either U2U me or email to assabetstrings@yahoo.com for more info.

Best Regards.

front1 small.JPG - 42kB back small.JPG - 41kB rose small.JPG - 43kB fingerboard small.JPG - 32kB

bulerias1981 - 9-30-2011 at 02:53 PM

How would you describe the sound of this oud?

freya - 9-30-2011 at 03:14 PM

Subjectively, I'd say "balanced" - not a boomer, not overly bright, no excessively strong or weak notes. Definitely "Arabic" but not really like the genuine Nahat's I've heard. For what it's worth...

SamirCanada - 9-30-2011 at 04:25 PM

Love that oud man. It's a beauty.

Not to get involved in your business but you are underpriced by quite a bit. At that price it will fly out of your hands.

I was just in Egypt last week and this type of oud was going for around 1500$ at least.

Brian Prunka - 9-30-2011 at 08:21 PM

I remember playing this oud back in 05, it's a nice instrument. Someone's going to get a great deal. I'm tempted to get it myself . . . trying to resist, I don't really need another oud, right?

ondalud - 10-3-2011 at 02:19 AM

Hi freya,
are your shure to send it only in U.S.?
If you want mail me:
achillemeazzi@libero.it

Have a nice day.

Regards.