Mike's Oud Forums

Recent videos

Brian Prunka - 5-26-2012 at 05:45 PM

I posted these in the "ouds" section already, but thought they might be more appropriate here:

Jurjinah

Doulab Suzidil

City of Sand

They're from a recent gig I did with my band Nashaz.

Alfaraby - 5-27-2012 at 01:20 PM

Great job Brian. Bravo !
I just couldn't see anything through the darkness, but loved how you played & sounded.
What is this oud you're playing ?

Good Luck
Yours indeed
Alfaraby

ameer - 5-27-2012 at 03:11 PM

Awesome. Your tone is very well balanced and so is your playing. I agree with Jameel. Tell us about the oud.

Brian Prunka - 5-27-2012 at 06:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alfaraby  
Great job Brian. Bravo !
I just couldn't see anything through the darkness, but loved how you played & sounded.
What is this oud you're playing ?

Good Luck
Yours indeed
Alfaraby

Thanks . . . maybe you need to turn up the brightness on your computer monitor? It's a bit dark but I can see it fine on my screen.

The oud is a mutt . . . the bowl is Hanna Nahat, the neck and pegbox by Najarian, the soundboard and bracing by Najib Shaheen and the raqma by Jameel Abraham.

It's a special oud . . . I feel lucky to have it.

Jono Oud N.Z - 5-28-2012 at 02:32 PM

Nice!:)
Excellent playing too.

spartan - 5-28-2012 at 09:01 PM

I'm a kind of conservative in music but this is very creative!
Thanks

There is darkness though, I cant see the percussionist !!

Brian Prunka - 5-31-2012 at 01:48 PM

Thanks, spartan!

Maybe someday I'll be able to afford a professional videographer . . . for now I take what I can get!

norumba - 6-21-2012 at 09:23 AM

nice playing and great tone! Thanks for sharing!

journeyman - 12-1-2014 at 07:16 PM

Smokin" Brian! Loved it. -Roy

danieletarab - 12-14-2014 at 05:13 PM

I like it a lot!! Very good music, and amazingly smooth playing! I rellay enjoyd the first tune (maybe because I love 5\4 :) ).
And the oud's sound... the oud's sound is amazing!!! Do you really amplify your oud only with the akg c411??
I bought one, after your suggestion. Unfortunately my oud has rosettes and I can't put it inside. I tried to put it outside but it's absolutely terrible. Do you really get this sound only with the akg and your skilled hands? :) :)