Mike's Oud Forums

What have you paid for oud lessons?

van_fnord - 7-17-2012 at 02:19 AM

Good morning gentlemen

I'd like to know, how much you paid for oud lessons.
Maybe you want to give additional info like country and/or teacher, so that beginners can have a guide value.

We all know, that it quite depends on the kind of country as well as the teacher, his musical education and his degree of popularity. But this shall just be a point of reference.

Grateful.
Van Fnord.

spartan - 7-17-2012 at 02:45 AM

In Athens Greece the usual price for an hour of private lesson is about 25-30 euros

I believe the price is high right now, because of the situation in my country.

sylvainbd - 7-17-2012 at 02:52 AM

Hey van_fnord

I was alone with teacher each time ...

In France generally teachers ask me 25 EUR for one hour . I bargain 30 euros for 1.5 hour ...

At Istanbul i met two teachers. One time 75 Turkish Lyra for 2 hours. Another time ( too much expensive) 50 TL for one hour ...

Best regard

Giorgioud - 7-17-2012 at 03:39 AM

The teacher I am going to study with in Tunis is asking for 20 Euros per course. A course is comprised of an hour, an hour 15 mins and includes many topics which will be digested according to the student's capability.....

van_fnord - 7-17-2012 at 05:14 AM

A teacher in Amman who made the Master in Music in Amman, Switzerland and Melbourne and also teached in these different countries is telling me
he is charging JD25/h = 29 Euro...
Isn't that too much for a country like Jordan?

Giorgioud - 7-17-2012 at 05:41 AM

Wow, and I thought that my teacher was expensive! Compared to the prices stated here, I am realising how lucky I am to have such a brilliant musician as a teacher http://youtu.be/TROVbG06xFY at such a cheap price! Excellent! Thanks for sharing these topics, it's good to know.........

joklany - 7-17-2012 at 08:08 AM

Hello All
I pay 42 euros for one hour
:(here in Dubai.
Regards
Jaafar

van_fnord - 7-18-2012 at 02:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Giorgioud  
Wow, and I thought that my teacher was expensive! Compared to the prices stated here, I am realising how lucky I am to have such a brilliant musician as a teacher http://youtu.be/TROVbG06xFY at such a cheap price! Excellent! Thanks for sharing these topics, it's good to know.........

life holds many surprises ;)
I thought as well it would be a great idea to compare the hourly rate with others...
I am really happy you found such a great teacher, he seems to be a really talented man!

Quote: Originally posted by joklany  
Hello All
I pay 42 euros for one hour
:(here in Dubai.
Regards
Jaafar

Isn't everything kind of expensive in Dubai? Or is your teacher maybe an oud-superstar?