Mike's Oud Forums

studying with said chraibi?

stos - 7-26-2012 at 05:43 AM

Hello!

I fellt in love with said chraibi playing and I just call him to ask him if he could give me lessons if I come to marocco in winter, and he agreed! I'm really happy! :bounce:

I was wondering if anybody on this forum tooked lessons with him?

thanks

ibn sina - 7-30-2012 at 05:59 AM

No, but let us know how it goes!

Good luck.

fernandraynaud - 7-31-2012 at 01:43 AM

He seems like a very competitive "monster" player! Great opportunity! Best wishes!

stos - 7-31-2012 at 07:05 AM

yes I really like his style of playing and he seems to be a kind person

I think i'll go there maybe in december but nothing is sure

Giorgioud - 8-2-2012 at 01:23 PM

Stos, can I ask you how much does he charge per lesson? I am curious and interested. If you want you can send me a private U2U. Thanks in advance

stos - 8-3-2012 at 12:43 AM

we didn't talk about it yet
we agreed eachother to talk on the phone again in autumn to talk about prices and how to organize it

Edward Powell - 8-7-2012 at 03:29 AM

I was in Morocco in 1995 for 4 months to learn oud --- I knew well about Said, but I was at the very beginning of my oud journey and I didn't then have the confidence to approach such a master. . . I really regret that now. [but on the other hand I got to see some great places in Morocco as opposed to being stuck in Casa.... these days I have more confidence, but the down-side is that I always end up being stuck in the big cities and never see the country]

charlie oud - 8-8-2012 at 12:30 AM

Well done Stos. Said's cd 'Clef de Granada' is an outstanding recording, an ongoing inspiration. There is something different about Moroccan playing, very refreshing, it's not a school in itself, they all play their own way. Perhaps its the Andalous flavour.