Mike's Oud Forums

Taiseer

revaldo29 - 10-28-2004 at 09:20 PM

Hey all,

There is a video in the oud videos section labeled taiseer. I couldn't read his last name but can someone give me some information on this player? I was truly fascinated by his playing and his oud as well. Does anyone know the maker of that oud? It seemed kind of large but I loved the sound.

Ronny Andersson - 10-28-2004 at 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by revaldo29
Hey all,

There is a video in the oud videos section labeled taiseer. I couldn't read his last name but can someone give me some information on this player? I was truly fascinated by his playing and his oud as well. Does anyone know the maker of that oud? It seemed kind of large but I loved the sound.

I belive the oud is built by Fawzy Monshed. The sound is typical Fawzy and the design also.

walkad - 10-28-2004 at 10:01 PM

Ronny if you believe, I am sure...

Beside the sound, wish typically Fawzy. You can see that the picguard is shaped like a bat, and this is like Fawzys signature.

revaldo29 - 10-29-2004 at 07:46 PM

Hey,

Ronny, don't you own one of his ouds? I am really interested in his instruments. Can you give some information about the maker. Where he is located and can I get in contact with him.
Also, what's the price range compared with a shehata oud because I am seriously considering buying one of his ouds too? I searched his name and I found a video that you posted of your oud. Unfortunately, I couldn't access that video. You think you could post it up again? Thanx in advance :airguitar:

Ronny Andersson - 10-29-2004 at 11:14 PM

Meanwhile two videos
http://www.iraqi-oud.com/index/download/download.htm

Ronny Andersson - 11-2-2004 at 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by revaldo29
Hey,

Ronny, don't you own one of his ouds? I am really interested in his instruments. Can you give some information about the maker. Where he is located and can I get in contact with him.
Also, what's the price range compared with a shehata oud because I am seriously considering buying one of his ouds too? I searched his name and I found a video that you posted of your oud. Unfortunately, I couldn't access that video. You think you could post it up again? Thanx in advance :airguitar:

Fawzy is in Bashra - not the best place for oud shopping:(
I don't know much about his classic ouds but I suspect the workmanship is of the same high level as his Bashir model.
Fawzy's prices are in the higher range compared to Shehata.