Mike's Oud Forums

my new oud

oudplayer - 11-16-2004 at 04:28 PM

hi all
i came home today from skool and my dad said to me guess what and i was like what he is like go look in yr room so i went and what do i seee a one of a kind oud i was so happy it said inside oud hosue the maker was ahmed abdul halim can some one tell me what u think of this maker and is his stuff good.
thx again

Congratulation

sydney - 11-17-2004 at 08:02 PM

oudplayer :wavey:

Congratulations for your new oud, I like the look of it and I wonder how it sounds?

My first two ouds were from Ahmed abdel Halim. I still have one of them, it's 14 years old and I only use it for studio recording. I believe most of his ouds are good in quality and sound.

Is it alright with you to send us a sound sample with this new oud.

Regards,

Emad from Sydney

san3any - 11-17-2004 at 08:31 PM

to tell you the truth........he is not a bad oud maker... they sound great.......but you really should take care of it.....coz any scratch may lead to its death.loool.......

Mike - 11-17-2004 at 08:49 PM

Hey Sammy,

Congrats on your new oud. I agree with Sydney and San3any...his ouds are really not that bad at all. And with a little love and care, the oud should last you a long time. I do suggest changing the strings though very soon. Get yourself a set of the nylgut or pyramid strings, and the oud will sound even sweeter. You can find a link to the US nylgut strings vendor on my links page.

Mabrouk,
Mike