Mike's Oud Forums

Marina Toshich

Doc139 - 6-13-2013 at 09:06 PM

Dear friends,
does anybody have contact or know an e-mail-adresse of Marina Toshich, author of the book "the basics of oud" (MelBay)? I wanted to ask her if there exists a recording/CD of the 48 musical pieces in her book, does anybody know? (I don't mean the DVD which is included in the book)
Alexander

Brian Prunka - 6-14-2013 at 06:16 AM

She is a member on the board, she will probably respond when she sees your post.

Marina - 6-14-2013 at 11:40 PM

:-)
Hi there, good luck:-)
the compositions in the book are very well known - you'll find all of them on the you tube. I did not record them for that reason - there is plenty of recordings already. Since you live in a big city, I warmly suggest to find a teacher. The book is OK start & push toward teacher.

Anyway, I'll record a few peaces next week, when I come back from Istanbul and post it.

Doc139 - 6-15-2013 at 10:08 PM

Hi Marina,
thanks for answering - I was not aware that you are a member on the board...
I am working slowly through your book (which I do like, in many ways) since I don't have found a teacher here in my town. I have a syrian oud player living here who is sometimes jamming with me and giving some advice, but he says he does not want to be "teacher" as such, so I had to accept this. But I am making progress anyway!
Thanks again and all the best,
Alexander