Mike's Oud Forums

Taqsim Bayyati

majnuunNavid - 9-10-2013 at 08:53 PM

This was spontaneous and improvised. I would love to hear what you think. You might hear a mix of influences, I wonder what you will pick up.

https://soundcloud.com/navid-goldrick/taqsim-bayyati

:xtreme:

fadel - 9-13-2013 at 03:15 AM

HI

my friend it is good

but I think play 2 mint taksim than play song or piece 3 mint better

piece piece piece

salam

hamed - 9-14-2013 at 11:57 AM

Hi there,
the oud sounds great, are you using a special microphone? I think your playing is good, you have very good intonation. I hear some Said Chraibi influence, do you listen to him?

majnuunNavid - 9-16-2013 at 09:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by hamed  
Hi there,
the oud sounds great, are you using a special microphone? I think your playing is good, you have very good intonation. I hear some Said Chraibi influence, do you listen to him?

Hi,
Thanks. I'm glad you like it. I'm just using a USB mic and using audacity to record. I'm still not happy with the sound, and I'm trying to work on getting a better set up.

Said Chraibi is my favorite Oud, one of my first inspirations. It would be an honor to sound like he does.. thanks.

majnuunNavid - 9-16-2013 at 10:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by hamed  
Hi there,

Hi,
Thanks. I'm glad you like it. I'm just using a USB mic and using audacity to record. I'm still not happy with the sound, and I'm trying to work on getting a better set up.

Said Chraibi is my favorite Oud, one of my first inspirations. It would be an honor to sound like he does.. thanks.