Mike's Oud Forums

D'addario custom, review

franck leriche - 9-19-2013 at 10:15 AM

Hi,

I've been trying different configuration of d'addario strings lately.
I've found one i like, and want to share, as they are pretty cheap and seem to last.
The one i've been recording with are about one month old.
Here's the set
C- 24 rectified nylon
G- 31 rectified nylon
D- 24 wound on nylon
A- 28 W
F- 33W
C- 43w
String lenght is 58,5cm
Those strings can be ordered from oudstrings.com

The tension is rather on the low side.
I have no idea of the tension weight, but i don't really care, as the most important to me is how it feels under the fingers.

Hope it can be useful, it took me some times to get it right.

https://soundcloud.com/franck-leriche/taksim-makam-biarritz

Jason - 9-21-2013 at 07:27 AM

I have never been a fan of the d'addario oud strings but this sounds really good

franck leriche - 9-24-2013 at 02:53 AM

About 17-18€

Bodhi - 9-25-2013 at 01:53 AM

I would vouch for the quality of the D'addario Rectified Nylons... They have that very warm and clear sound which suits me... Franck plays beautifully and the Faruk Turunz Oud and this nice combination of strings just add,to something already special! :D

Brian Prunka - 11-5-2013 at 10:11 AM

I am setting up a few configurations like this so that you don't have to go picking out strings individually. I am adding this one to the list, as well as some of the sets I worked on with D'addario.

Should be up later today. I also am setting up an option to order Mari wound strings with various treble choices, since so many people prefer other trebles on those sets.

Daniel Mari Wound with Custom Trebles

Some of the strings are currently showing "out of stock" but I am checking the inventory and it should be corrected later today.

cheers,
Brian

stos - 11-5-2013 at 02:34 PM

hello franck!

where did you buy the set?

thanks

franck leriche - 11-6-2013 at 09:00 AM

From Brian Prunka's oudstring.com

fadel - 11-6-2013 at 09:18 AM

hi

nice sound

nice takseem franck