Mike's Oud Forums

Zaher Khalifeh Oud for sale .

Sam - 11-16-2013 at 02:37 PM

I'm offering my Zaher Khalifah Oud for sale . I'm more into floating bridge ouds so I'm offering this oud for sale.

The Oud is still in good condition . has lil scratches around the pickgaurd and small crack above the soundboard that can be easily covered by an arm rest . also the pegs are somehow unstable but I was quite lazy to solve this problem (pegs need some sanding to be more stable) .

It's made out of aged Syrian walnut with spruce soundboard . the sound is very loud and tuneful . I'll be selling it for 450$ excluding shipping & hard case . I payed 900$ for this Oud including sukkar hard case. the oud was born in 2009.

if you need a super quality custom Oud hard case 150$ will be added to the price. (you can choose a specific model , color , or size for the hard case and I'll make you one )

here is a video file for the Oud (T.V station recording)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cgQvHjo4Jk

please check the following the Oud photos , will post photos of the crack and the small scratches soon .

http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=10894

serious buyers please contact me at Muhammad.alhijry@gmail.com

Thank you!

Brian Prunka - 11-19-2013 at 10:04 AM

This is an amazing deal for someone, surprised no one has commented . . . a luthier-built oud for $450 is very rare.

catty - 11-19-2013 at 12:03 PM

I enquired, but since I'm in the US it may have gone unnoticed (I'm interested)

Sam - 11-20-2013 at 05:06 AM

shipping to the U.S from Yemen is banned due to terrorism cases ( that's what I was told ) .. weird!! :shrug:

Brian Prunka - 11-20-2013 at 07:39 AM

As far as I can tell, there is no ban on shipping from Yemen to the US. Back in 2010, there were bombs on a cargo plane originating in Yemen headed to the US (fortunately detected and disabled before they were detonated), and there were probably some temporary restrictions put in place after that. It doesn't seem like there is a ban now. Shipping from the US to Yemen is definitely not prohibited, and I can't find anything that suggests the other way is prohibited.

If you check with Aramex or DHL they should be able to tell you for sure.

new pix for the soundboard damage and string action

Sam - 11-21-2013 at 11:53 AM

DHL , UPS , Fedex are still banned from sending to the U.S . I'll check the Aramex and EMS on saturday.

the Oud soundboard is unpolished , i used to wipe it with a acetone every time when i use a new strings set .but lately I've been too lazy to do that .:D

[file]29384[/file] [file]29386[/file] [file]29388[/file]

Sam - 11-27-2013 at 11:53 AM

shipping anywhere to the U.S costs 220$ by EMS shipping company .

Sam - 2-15-2014 at 03:04 PM

the Oud is SOLD to Canada!