Mike's Oud Forums

Naseer Shamma: a book of sheet music

urus - 11-30-2013 at 01:04 PM

Naseer Shamma's musicbook (52 Mb)

Scans of the corpus of printed music by Naseer Shamma. I got it from some source in Cairo.

Unfortunately, it's not the whole book, and, judging by the scans, they're taken from some old edition (the new edition I used in Beit al Oud is different).

The archive contains early pieces by the maestro, as well as some technical studies and arrangements.

spyblaster - 12-1-2013 at 12:13 PM

this is awesomely awesome!!!
Thanks bro :-*

suz_i_dil - 12-1-2013 at 01:05 PM

This is great...Thanks a lot for sharing :)

suz_i_dil - 12-1-2013 at 01:14 PM

This is great...Thanks a lot for sharing :)

urus - 12-1-2013 at 03:58 PM

What was the problem? Did it work fine for others, can you please tell me?
I'm a bit of "msafeer", travelling, at the moment, so i'd do this after a few days, if you won't mind.

spartan - 12-2-2013 at 12:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by urus  
What was the problem? Did it work fine for others, can you please tell me?
I'm a bit of "msafeer", travelling, at the moment, so i'd do this after a few days, if you won't mind.

I downloaded the file easily.
Many thanks Dimity, great collection of music sheets

John Erlich - 12-3-2013 at 02:51 PM

Downloaded successfully! Thanks for sharing!

Jody Stecher - 12-3-2013 at 04:18 PM

Would those who had success downloading this file be willing to describe which of the half dozen "download here" icons they clicked?
I was sent in circles and offered the opportunity to download all sorts of things I don't want. Also I was offered the opportunity to download via a social network. I went through four or five doors each leading to another empty room. I *was* able to download a 1.7 mb exe file that looked like hieroglyphics.

spartan - 12-3-2013 at 11:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Jody Stecher  
Would those who had success downloading this file be willing to describe which of the half dozen "download here" icons they clicked?
I was sent in circles and offered the opportunity to download all sorts of things I don't want. Also I was offered the opportunity to download via a social network. I went through four or five doors each leading to another empty room. I *was* able to download a 1.7 mb exe file that looked like hieroglyphics.

hehe..this happens on all these free sites
usual the most hidden banner "download" is the right one !

here you must check a small grey banner "download" up the page and left

Jody Stecher - 12-4-2013 at 07:29 AM

That just leads to another page where it says "waiting time 20 seconds". One waits for hours but nothing happens. right below the 20 seconds message is another "download" button but that leads to having to join a social network.

Quote: Originally posted by spartan  
Quote: Originally posted by Jody Stecher  

hehe..this happens on all these free sites
usual the most hidden banner "download" is the right one !

here you must check a small grey banner "download" up the page and left

Ahmed - 12-4-2013 at 09:26 AM

I am having the same problem(s) as Jody. I'm wondering if it's anything to do with the computer or operating system. I'm using a Mac, what about you?

But thanks Dmitry, shokran, I'm sure we'll eventually figure it out.

Jody Stecher - 12-4-2013 at 10:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ahmed  
I am having the same problem(s) as Jody. I'm wondering if it's anything to do with the computer or operating system. I'm using a Mac, what about you?

But thanks Dmitry, shokran, I'm sure we'll eventually figure it out.

Yes, I'm using a Mac and Safari for web browser.

urus - 12-4-2013 at 01:54 PM

strange, because i'm using 4shared a lot, and I never had a problem like this.
i'm really sorry if it caused so many problems for you.
i'm using chrome on a pc, and i also tried that with firefox on a mac.
as for me, it's simple.
1. click the "download" button, which is under the filename and right over the "priority download".
2. then choose "free download" on the next page,
3. after 20 sec. the download starts automatically.

Jody Stecher - 12-4-2013 at 03:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by urus  
strange, because i'm using 4shared a lot, and I never had a problem like this.
i'm really sorry if it caused so many problems for you.
i'm using chrome on a pc, and i also tried that with firefox on a mac.
as for me, it's simple.
1. click the "download" button, which is under the filename and right over the "priority download".
2. then choose "free download" on the next page,
3. after 20 sec. the download starts automatically.

after clicking on Free Download a dialog box open instantly. One is directed to download not directly to one's hard drive but via one of 3 designated social networks or by "sign up" or "log in" but one is not told To What one will sign up for or log in to.

[file]29600[/file]

Oud Freak - 12-4-2013 at 10:23 PM

Isn't this file downloadable directly to PC without the use of intermediaries??? If so, can someone help? Couldn't be downloaded directly...

fadel - 12-5-2013 at 07:49 AM

hi

https://www.dropbox.com/s/78h2og4bo566bmu/naseer_shamma-sheet_music....

salam

Jody Stecher - 12-5-2013 at 08:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by fadel  
hi

https://www.dropbox.com/s/78h2og4bo566bmu/naseer_shamma-sheet_music....

salam

Thank you, Fadel. Thank you, Urus.

Ahmed - 12-5-2013 at 09:07 AM

Yes a big thank you to both you Dmitry and Fadel!!

urus - 12-6-2013 at 11:50 PM

shokran Fadel ya sadiqi) you always come with help)

Kapout - 2-6-2019 at 05:03 AM

Hello,

Do you know where one can buy the last edition of this book, if still available somewhere?

John Erlich - 2-12-2019 at 10:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Kapout  
Hello,

Do you know where one can buy the last edition of this book, if still available somewhere?

By "last," I assume you mean the latest, not the previous, version. Why not try asking through his web page: https://www.shammamusic.com/contact?fbclid=IwAR06h7duQbO87zsepsWwUjT... Let us know if you learn anything useful!

-JE