Mike's Oud Forums

New UK member

Russoud - 2-2-2014 at 09:22 AM

Greetings Oud lovers - i just wanted to say Hi !

I have been playing and teaching Oud ,Saz
and Middle Eastern percussion for quite a few years - originally starting out learning about Turkish folkloric traditions in central anatolia before branching out and developing a keen interest in Arabic music - i would describe my playing as having elements of both styles

all the best
Russ

https://www.facebook.com/russell.harris.9484

Lysander - 2-2-2014 at 10:36 AM

Hi Russ, good to see you here, I'm from the UK too. There aren't many of us, it's always good to see someone else from the UK!

SamirCanada - 2-3-2014 at 07:09 AM

welcome to the forums :)

FilipHolm - 2-3-2014 at 07:52 AM

Welcome to the forums Russ! :)

MatthewW - 2-3-2014 at 10:44 AM

welcome to THE site for anything oud and g'oud Russ.:)

Can I ask you a question- I just started learning a long neck saz. Tuning aaa-dd-gg - Besides getting that thing to say on my lap, are there any basic chord charts for the saz, or any tips you can offer? Thanks MW

oudalally - 2-4-2014 at 04:20 PM

Hello there!

Another new member here, and also from the Uk.
I've just bought my first oud at the weekend, and am thoroughly enjoying it so far!

A very different beast to playing guitar indeed!

Greg - 2-4-2014 at 04:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by oudalally  
Hello there!

Another new member here, and also from the Uk.
I've just bought my first oud at the weekend, and am thoroughly enjoying it so far!

A very different beast to playing guitar indeed!

Welcome to the forums Alex.

Regards,

Greg

fadel - 2-5-2014 at 01:03 AM

hi

Welcome to the forums

salam

oudalally - 2-5-2014 at 04:36 AM

Thanks for the welcome chaps.

Fadel, the Saad Mahmood Jawad videos on your youtube page are brilliant to have on while working!

I'm surprised to see him playing part fingerstyle with the risha cupped in the palm - I take it this is a technique which has been adapted from guitar rather than a traditional one?