Mike's Oud Forums

New Oud is completed

Fritz - 9-21-2014 at 11:40 AM

Hi guys

My new Oud made of cherry and flamed maple is complete. Yesterday I stringed it after tuning the saddle... this Oud is very sensible, reacts immediately to every speech and other sounds. Very thin face special bracing, special neck-design. A very precise instrument... bound for austria...

Have a look...

Thanks

Fritz

hussamd - 9-22-2014 at 03:55 AM

Very nice!

Microber - 9-22-2014 at 11:56 AM

Nice instrument

Mjpurt - 9-22-2014 at 05:42 PM

Someone in Austria is getting a beautiful Oud! It likely sounds as nice as it looks!

Great craftsmanship!

Michael

Marcus - 9-22-2014 at 09:08 PM

Hi Fritz,:wavey:
like always.....nice oud....and....like always.........no soundclip.
The most important thing of a oud (for me) is it`s sound. Could you please post a clip?

Cheers,
Marcus

Fritz - 9-25-2014 at 10:22 AM

Hi again... I just recorded two files in .mp3 both half a minute long... but I couldn´t post them... there are only a half of a GB allowed and the clips are nearly one GB tall. Should I record only a quarter of a minute ???

I haven´t got much eyxperience with recording and cutting and compressing... and the software doing this... I have downloaded audacity, but when saving a file it is more than 7 times as tall as the origin !

<b>shoot</b>...

Has anyone an idea to improve me ?

Greetings...

Fritz

Marcus - 9-25-2014 at 11:27 PM

hi Fritz,
you can upload them on youtube and just post the link.

Fritz - 9-26-2014 at 01:43 PM

The 3rd try to post the sound samples... damned...

A note to the soundclips

Fritz - 9-26-2014 at 11:25 PM

Hi once again

Ich have had a small odyssee in making those sound samples. There was the tallness of the mp3s of the recorder Tascam DR-07, needing to convert to wav and once again convert to mp3, shorting and editing to match the given space for the file to upload.

So I decided to make 2 samples, one on the bass strings and one on the trebles... sorry.

Fritz