Mike's Oud Forums

Honoring Jonathan Gemmill, Author of Maqam Anthology

John Erlich - 10-14-2014 at 03:41 PM

I have taken the liberty of preparing a certificate honoring Jonathan Gemmill, author of the Maqam Anthology and recent poster of concert-pitch versions of Classical Turkish music scores. I propose that Jonathan be known in these Forums as Jonathan "Gamil" Gemmill! :applause:

Microber - 10-14-2014 at 11:36 PM

:applause:

Adel Salameh - 10-15-2014 at 02:42 AM

yes indeed Jonathan Jamil deserve it and much more for his great effort in putting these 2 volumes of traditional music score together.... he has done a great job, something which is lacking in Middle Eastern music library.... its very difficult to find music sheets on the net and even harder when it comes to Arabic music....
Mr Jonathan deserve to be thanked and wish him success , I hope that he will come up with the third edition of his Anthology, putting together some of the more advanced Samai's like Rast Al Qasabjy, Rohi Al khamash work, Hijaz kard kurd, Ajam Ushayran, Nahawand 2nd Samai , Resat Aysu Busalik, Muhayar Kurdi, Hujaz Samai.... these samai's are equally important for advanced oud students and players

Best wishes,
Adel
http://www.adelsalameh.com

MatthewW - 10-16-2014 at 09:13 AM

Johnathan G.G. has certainly risen above and beyond the call of oudacity, and deserves the recognition. :applause:

Jono Oud N.Z - 11-4-2014 at 02:24 PM

Hey.

Wow!:):cool:

Very nice.
Thank you!

John Erlich - 11-5-2014 at 05:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Jono Oud N.Z  
Hey.

Wow!:):cool:

Very nice.
Thank you!

You're so welcome, Jonathan! I work for the government, so I know how to write a Proclamation. :D

Jono Oud N.Z - 11-20-2014 at 06:58 PM

Awesome!:):D