Mike's Oud Forums

Oudless in Hamilton

journeyman - 11-26-2014 at 06:33 PM

Well, the Zaher Khalifa oud shipped out last night, my old Haidar is in the shop for bridge work and the Debrossian I got off eBay won't be here for at least a week. I'm oudless and not loving it; miss picking it up whenever I feel like it. Odd because I was totally away from the oud for a few years and just got back into it this year. I guess that means that I have finally bonded with the oud so I take it as a good thing. Still, I feel kind of adrift; guess I'll practice the guitar. :) -Roy

Eric Stern Music - 11-27-2014 at 12:20 AM

I hear you...I am miles away from home visiting family for Thanksgiving and there's not an oud in sight. Just a piano. Well, at least the piano hasn't been tuned in years so there's a lack of equal temperament! But seriously my hands feel like they have nothing to hold. Don't tell my wife that.

majnuunNavid - 11-27-2014 at 12:21 AM

LOLLL I don't envy you guys at all...

SamirCanada - 11-27-2014 at 03:40 AM

You guys come to Ottawa,there are ouds for everybody :)

So Roy, you got fed up with that rosewood bridge on the haidar?

journeyman - 11-27-2014 at 04:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SamirCanada  
So Roy, you got fed up with that rosewood bridge on the haidar?
Not so much that Samir. The notes above the neck/body joint were not sounding, I guess because of the old top being uneven. I'll know in a few days if he was able adjust things. I don't really want to put a fingerboard extension on that oud.

bulerias1981 - 11-27-2014 at 08:04 AM

Well until you get it back.. you can play air oud!.. or visit Samir