Mike's Oud Forums

Longa Riad on my Alì Nisadir oud!

danieletarab - 3-15-2015 at 01:27 PM

Hello everybody,
I wanted to introduce you a nice oud I bought several years ago from ALì Nisadir in Istanbul. It's a Mounir banshir floating bridge model.
SO far I have been playing this oud in C arabic tuning, in F iraqi tuning, and now with turkish strings and turkish tuning. It always sounds great!
It's extremely easy to play, and it never gets out of tune. And last but not least, It was incredibly cheap !
So, here it is:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10206553896674113&set=vb.14...

Omar Al-Mufti - 3-16-2015 at 01:33 AM

I cannot open the facebook link you copied here above.
Would you kindly do it some other way?
I am interrested to see the Nisadir youd

danieletarab - 3-16-2015 at 12:44 PM

Sorry, you're right!!!
This one should be the correct link :)
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10206562555730584&set=vb.14...

Omar Al-Mufti - 3-17-2015 at 12:14 AM

Nice playing and nice oud.
I didn't know that Nisadir produces floating bridge ouds.
Is the soundboard polished??

Alfaraby - 3-17-2015 at 01:59 AM

Great oud and playing.
Why do you need another oud ? :)

See you soon
Yours indeed
Alfaraby

John Erlich - 3-17-2015 at 08:26 AM

Molto bene!

Antoine - 3-18-2015 at 03:03 AM

Nice playing Daniele, molto bravo! but i didn't like the sound of the Oud!
It doesn't sounds Oud.
I started to practice on this tune since 2 weeks but I didn't succeed to go faster than Daniele;)

danieletarab - 3-18-2015 at 01:51 PM

Thank you guys! Your support is very important to me!
Antoine, oud's sound is a matter of taste, but I admit that this one may sound "strange". It's an iraqi oud, built by a turkish maker, and set with turkish strings in D :)
Dear Alfaraby, the main reason why I am looking for another oud is the size: 58,50 cm is too short for me. I noticed that I feel more comfortable on bigger size ouds. Then, I don't really like the design, and I am quite concerned about design. After all I am italian :)
As far as I can understand, the oud is not polished.
I make clear that this oud is not an Alì Nisadir top quality oud; actually it was very cheap (less than 500 euro as far as I remember, something like 8 years ago). I din't ask Master Nisadir to make it for me. It was ready to sell, and I picked it up from his workshop. The reason why I chose this ones and no others, it's that I am not into turkish ouds, and even thought Nisadir ouds were very good and beatiful, action was extremely low for my taste; all his ouds were "buzzing" (it seem that many turkish players like "buzzing ouds"). This one was also buzzing, but since it's a floating bridge, I had the chanche to ask him to make the brige a little bit higher: he did it in a few minutes.

Don Z - 3-18-2015 at 01:57 PM

Lovely playing!