Mike's Oud Forums

MatthewW and the Oud FAQ Thread

Greg - 9-20-2015 at 08:00 PM

MatthewW has been an active member of the forums for the past nine years and has made many worthwhile contributions to discussions and given much valuable advice to other members. In particular, Matthew conceived the idea of the "Oud FAQ Thread" and he put in all the hard work and research necessary to make it the valuable resource it has become.

We are sad to hear of the recent health issues that have lead him to put his beloved Ghadban 7 course oud on the market. He is also no longer able to contribute to the upkeep of the FAQ Thread, so we will have to struggle along without his energy and enthusiasm for this project.

Matthew, we wish you the very best with your health and sincerely thank you for the major contributions you have made to Mike's Oud Forums.

Sincerely,

Greg

Mike - 9-21-2015 at 07:22 AM

Dear Matthew,

Let me also give you a HUGE shout out for your efforts on the forums buddy! I remember when we first became friends way back when, and how much of a pleasure it was to read your emails and enjoy your wit and humor. It truly is guys like you that keep the forums fun and valuable. I don't care what anybody else says, but the FAQ thread is the go to thread for anybody looking for quick information about the oud. I am always referring people to it, and have received a lot of positive feedback about that thread in particular. I can't thank you enough for the countless hours you spent in compiling all the information and coming up with the idea to put it all in one place for people to quickly take advantage of. You are the man buddy! My thoughts and prayers are with you my good friend.

Cheers mate!
Mike

Alan-TX - 9-21-2015 at 02:34 PM

Best wishes MatthewW. This site and the FAQ were very helpful to me when I first started looking into Ouds. Thanks for all of your work here.

Best wishes to Matthew

Giorgioud - 9-25-2015 at 04:36 AM

Hi Matthew,
we exchanged a few e-mails in the past. You always struck me as a decent guy and an exceptional music connoisseur. I always cherished your invaluable advice and took it on board. I am grateful you always took the time to answer my questions with good grace and humour.
I am sorry to hear you got a bit of a hitch. I truly wish you all the best in overcome it in the best possible way, and it would be fantastic to see you soon back in the saddle where you belong. You might need to buy your oud back pretty soon, were you to sell it to someone else!
Please drop me a line bro, you've got my email.
Take the best of care
Giorgio

MatthewW - 9-25-2015 at 05:07 AM

Dear friends, I am very very touched by all your kind words. I need to say that I couldn't have completed or even begun on the FAQs section without the input of Greg and Mike, who supported me all along with words of encouragement and plenty of crazy oud humor, as well as receiving information from other experienced oud players of this unique forum. That anyone got any useful help and advice from our FAQs section, like Alan-TX, makes it all worthwhile. We all learn from eachother.
with love and blessings

Matthew