Mike's Oud Forums

New Makam Theory Book available

keving - 1-2-2016 at 06:01 AM

Hey kids,

Not sure if you know this yet, but Eric Ederer has published a great looking text on Turkish Makam IN ENGLISH!

It looks fairly complete and I am hearing great things about it. So throw your support in and get a copy!

Eric Ederer Lulu Page

or

Eric Ederer's Web page

Jack_Campin - 1-6-2016 at 04:54 AM

I've ordered one, but looking inside the preview, I wonder if it's largely a distillation of his PhD thesis. Should I try to get that as well?

Jody Stecher - 1-6-2016 at 09:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Jack_Campin  
I've ordered one, but looking inside the preview, I wonder if it's largely a distillation of his PhD thesis. Should I try to get that as well?

My copy is still in transit (apparently via a little red wagon pulled by a very old mule, or maybe a dachshund ). I believe it is an expansion of the thesis. you can read the thesis online and view many supporting musical videos.

mavrothis - 1-7-2016 at 05:26 AM

Hey,

I have my copy and have been looking through it - it seems great. Very comprehensive and easy to read.

I highly recommend it.

mav

bulerias1981 - 1-7-2016 at 07:54 AM

Great, I'll have to pick one up pretty soon

Jack_Campin - 1-8-2016 at 04:37 AM

My copy just arrived!

Meanwhile, I'm still slowly downloading the 8-CDs-worth of sound files from Eric's site, the addenda to his PhD thesis. The average transfer rate I'm getting is about 100kb/s. The post office is beating the internet by miles.