Mike's Oud Forums

New book: Taqasim by Ali Kisserwan

mandaloun2015 - 1-8-2016 at 01:05 AM

Hi all;
Courtesy of the author and after his permission, we are going to define the new published title: Taqasim by Ali Kisserwan (2016). The book has 312 p (big size). It includes 56 taqasim written as musical notes for the most famous Arabic musicians and composers: Mohammad al-Qasabji, Riad al-Sunbati, George Michael, Farid al-Atrash, Mohammad abdel Wahab, Mohammad Abdu Saleh, Omar al-Naqshabandi, Saliba al-Qatrib, Bahij Mikati and other. The taqasim are on maqams: Rast and Mahur, Nahawand, HijazKar Kurd and Kurd and Lami, Hijazkar, Bayati, Saba, Hijaz and Zanjaran, Huzam, Jiharkah and Ajam.
The book extends over an explanation of the used maqams with an appendix of the popular scales of maqams and its transpositions. The book contains:
12 taqasim for Mohammad al-Qasabji
10 taqasim for Riad al-Sunbati
6 taqasim for George Michael
3 taqasim for Farid al-Atrash
3 taqasim for Mohammad abdel Wahab
2 taqasim for Mohammad Abdu Saleh
3 taqasim for Omar al-Naqshabandi
7 taqasim for Bahij Mikatia
5 taqasim for Saeed Salam
3 taqasim for Saliba al-Qatrib
1 taqsim for Azzuri Haroun
1 taqsim for Ibrahim Hubaiqa
A CD is attached with the book, it contains all the taqasim taken from the written note in mp3 format. This will help the reader to play the taqasim in all its rhythmic and tonal details and emblishments. The book is bilingual (Arabic and English languages)..
In coordination with the author, we will upload later the introduction, the contents and some taqasim as examples.

The link of the records in the taqasim book

http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=16647

My apologies for any typo found.
Best Regards

majnuunNavid - 1-8-2016 at 08:08 PM

I would purchase this in a heartbeat. Looking forward to hearing more about it. Where can this be found?

mandaloun2015 - 1-9-2016 at 10:45 AM

Hi all
you will find below an excerpts from the Introduction of the book: Taqasim by Ali Kisserwan:

"What lead me to write this book, is the need to methodize this music template, which is taqasim, and although it is improvisation, but it can be gained by teaching the written taqasim as a musical piece like al-Bashraf, al-sama’i, al-longa, al-muwashshah, al-dawr…etc.
When the Teacher and the student meet, the book must be the third guest in order for a method to have a clear start and a clear end, Some says that the taqasim can’t be taught since it is improvisation and depend on the skill and the musical knowledge, this is true and this is what we have said, but it can be taught if it is written as a musical piece. Thus, the student will know how these masters innovated their Taqasim, where they, themselves, learned from their predecessors till they had their own methods, and later they become a source to learn from.
The real development comes from the accumulation of experiences. The present takes from the past, examines, fulfills, intiates, transmits, and expands its hands for the future, then a chain of accumulated experiences will be formed so poor – skilled and non systematic people leave no negative influence on this accumlation .
Once the student learned the taqasim and once he memorized them, it means he has enough knowledge of how to formulate the taqasim. So, he begins to imitate, adjust, and finally, to develop and produce personal traits and styles.
Dear reader, this taqasim – as you will see – has many purposes, such as: teaching the musical language since it includes rhythmical forms that fit both the middle and the advanced stages, as well it includes fast sentences and different ornaments that need a high playing skills, then we got the teaching patterns from the Arabic music source, and from a material that succeeded over years without being trying cases that may either succeed or loose, this what it should be about.
We have to methodize what had been composed by the Masters, and what had been successful throughout the times to be considered the solid basis. Arabic music is still at the beginning and many different material and subject need to be be methodized.
Taqasim mentioned in this book belong to the musicians who go with this kind of composition*. Those taqasim are considered as a serious material for any music student in both stages, middle and advanced, Although it belong to Oud musicians, except for two taqasim which belong to Mohamed Abdu Saleh, Qanun musician, but any musician for any instrument can benefit from it with some few exceptions that relate to Oud.
We always ask: where are those whose names were related with Oud and Arabic music as playing and not singing? Where are they from the methods of music instruments especially in the advanced years such as: Mohamed el-Qasabji or Farid al-Atrash or Riad al-Sunbati or Omar al-Naqshabandi or Bahij Mikati and others, and what is written for them or for others is classified in the middle stage and below. Dear reader, you will see that the taqasim listed for those masters are suitable to be taught in the advanced stages, because it needs a skill and an ability to read the note, as well it needs a high performance of the different ornaments and fast sentences.
Through methodizing of the Taqasim, we strengthen our Arabic music, and we give the masters and the students their rights, because till now, we are not seeing those masters in their right place in the methods of the musical instruments".

[* We had not mentioned the Iraqi style in Taqasim in this book.. but later, We will talk about this subject in another book].

Dear majnuunNavid
Thank you for your care.. you can find the book on
Nwf.com: التقاسيم Taqasim: علي كسروان: كتب
the link of the book is:

http://www.neelwafurat.com/itempageMobile.aspx?id=lbb253782-236116&...

best regards

Brian Prunka - 1-9-2016 at 04:22 PM

I would be interested in carrying this item in my store, is there a way for me to purchase multiple copies directly?

The shipping charges from Lebanon are more than the book, I could ship it inexpensively in North America and much of the world (I get good rates via Aramex) this would sell more copies.

mandaloun2015 - 1-10-2016 at 04:31 AM

Thank for your interest in the book. We have forwarded the issue to the publisher, so please give your contacts to easily get in touch with you by the publisher.

mandaloun2015 - 1-11-2016 at 09:23 AM

hi all
I am trying to upload the cover of the book: Taqasim by Ali Kissewrwan, but it failed

any one knows how to upload it

appreciate

Brian Prunka - 1-11-2016 at 10:13 AM

The upload limits here are pretty small, 500kb. If you can't get the cover small enough by optimizing the file size, your best bet is to host the image somewhere else and link to it here via the [img][/img] tags.

mandaloun2015 - 1-11-2016 at 10:40 AM

Thank you for your help
The cover size is already less than 500kb jpeg format
Actually I chose the image to attach but i was unable to find the upload button

Brian Prunka - 1-12-2016 at 09:17 PM

You can't do it from the "quick reply" at the bottom of the page, you have to press "post reply", and do it that way.

el-esseily - 1-16-2016 at 07:40 AM

Wow this sounds amazing! I've been looking for something like this for a long time! The closest I've found is Karim Roustom's wonderful MA thesis transcribing Sunbati's taqasim, but there's nothing out there that has the range of this new collection, this is definitely a first. I'm slowly building up my mental 'vocabulary' of taqasim structures and phrases, this should be invaluable.

I've placed my order with Neel wa Furat, looking forward to it!

Almelaifi - 1-16-2016 at 09:26 PM

I tried to order one, but could not find out how much time it would take to deliver it?

It arrived

PaulS - 1-17-2016 at 02:10 AM

ITs a gorgeous looking BIG book!

PaulS - 1-17-2016 at 09:29 AM

The only problem was that I did not receive a cd...

mandaloun2015 - 1-17-2016 at 09:58 AM

Dear Paul
First many thanks for your kind compliment
And about the missing CD, Many apologies for this mistake..
I will check with the publisher and know what happened
For you, please send me your email address and I, personally, will send you the files included in the CD

Sorry again

Best

mandaloun2015 - 1-17-2016 at 10:05 AM

Dear almelaifi
Please contact the publisher at info@almaaref.com, hope they can help you about the time needed to deliver the book

Best

mandaloun2015 - 1-17-2016 at 10:07 AM

Dear el-esseily
This is of your kindness.. hope you will get your copy very soon

Best

Oud Freak - 1-17-2016 at 11:49 PM

Hello all,

Where can this book be found in Lebanon? Where can it be purchased from?

O.F

mandaloun2015 - 1-18-2016 at 12:43 AM

Dear Oud Freak

Thanks for your interest
the book is available at the Publisher Office
al-Maaref Forum, Ras Beirut-al Manara, Nagib Ardati street, Tabbara Building-4th floor

tel.: 01/749140

best

mandaloun2015 - 1-20-2016 at 09:48 AM

Hi all
It is for my pleasure to inform you that:
Taqasim book by Ali Kisserwan will be available in Cairo book fair , 47 (2016), which will be held between January 27-February 10- Ard al Ma'arid, Nasr city

Best

suz_i_dil - 1-22-2016 at 03:37 AM

Hello
the content of this book sounds great !
Are the takasim commented ? I mean a bit comment for each on the taqasim development, the modulation used ?
Regards

mandaloun2015 - 2-1-2016 at 10:11 AM

Hi all, hope you are all fine

Taqasim Rast for George Michael is an example from: Taqasim book by Ali Kisserwan
you will find attached here the Music Sheet and mp3 file extracted from the sheet (the mp3 file lost some of its quality because it had been compressed), as well you will find the origin source of the taqasim attached here too.

Best Regards

[file]38057[/file] [file]38059[/file]

[file]38061[/file]

[file]38062[/file]

Dear suz_i_dil

It is a practical and not analytical book, though, there is analysis only for the Maqams from the book of the conference conducted in Cairo in 1932 till our recent times. Also, an appendix for the Maqams and how they are represented in certain scales and their transpositions.

thank you for your interest.

IlPersiano - 2-6-2016 at 12:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mandaloun2015  
Hi all
Taqasim book by Ali Kisserwan will be available in Cairo book fair , 47 (2016), which will be held between January 27-February 10- Ard al Ma'arid, Nasr city

Best

This sounds indeed a very needed and interesting book. Im currently in Cairo, could you kinldy give me the address of the book fair? thank you!

IlPersiano - 2-6-2016 at 12:39 AM

Hi all

Best

I found this on fb... is this the fair you are talking about?
https://www.facebook.com/events/1284597381555854/

Though it is not in Nasr City...

IlPersiano - 2-6-2016 at 01:15 AM

Foound that actually...
Here, in Nasr City as you wrote :)

https://www.facebook.com/events/1525045817795565/

mandaloun2015 - 2-6-2016 at 04:26 AM

Dear ilPersiano

Yes you are right, the book fair meant is that in cairo-nasr city
Mentioned in the facebook link
You can find it in
Montada al-Maaref

Best

IlPersiano - 2-6-2016 at 07:26 AM

Dear Paul
First many thanks for your kind compliment
And about the missing CD, Many apologies for this mistake..
I will check with the publisher and know what happened
For you, please send me your email address and I, personally, will send you the files included in the CD

Sorry again

Best

Dear Mandaloun,
I got the same issue. It seems that none of the books has a CD. I just was at the Cairo Book Fair and talk with the guy from the publishing company.
Could you please send the mp3 to my email address?
I would appreciate that very much. Thanks

Jody Stecher - 2-6-2016 at 08:02 AM

A question please: On the actual CD are the sound files the original playing or the midi files or both?

Hi all, hope you are all fine

Taqasim Rast for George Michael is an example from: Taqasim book by Ali Kisserwan
you will find attached here the Music Sheet and mp3 file extracted from the sheet (the mp3 file lost some of its quality because it had been compressed), as well you will find the origin source of the taqasim attached here too.

Best Regards

Dear suz_i_dil

It is a practical and not analytical book, though, there is analysis only for the Maqams from the book of the conference conducted in Cairo in 1932 till our recent times. Also, an appendix for the Maqams and how they are represented in certain scales and their transpositions.

thank you for your interest.

mandaloun2015 - 2-6-2016 at 09:18 AM

Dear ilPersiano

We checked with the publisher, and on Monday the CDs must be available
Please pass by the publisher on Monday and get yours

Best

mandaloun2015 - 2-6-2016 at 09:23 AM

Dear Jody Stecher

On the CD attached with the book, there is only the sound files that are exported from the musical sheets. The Original files are available on the internet sites. So in every taqsim in the book, you can find the source mentioned..

Best

Jody Stecher - 2-6-2016 at 09:36 AM

Dear Jody Stecher

On the CD attached with the book, there is only the sound files that are exported from the musical sheets. The Original files are available on the internet sites. So in every taqsim in the book, you can find the source mentioned..

Best

thank you. in that case everyone worried about the missing CD can stop worrying. When I get my copy, and I certainly hope to get one, I won't worry about the CD either. It would be a sad day when oud players try to emulate the sound on the midi files. Good news that the originals can be found on the internet.

Brian Prunka - 2-6-2016 at 10:03 AM

Interesting, I'm not sure about finding some of these recordings.
The Qassabji, Sounbati, Farid, Naqishbandi, George Michel, Abdel Wahab, are easy enough.

But I've only been able to find two taqasim by Bahij Mikatia. Where are the other 5?
I can't find any recordings of Saeed Salam at all.

Is there a discography or source for these recordings? Perhaps a youtube playlist could be made?

mandaloun2015 - 2-6-2016 at 10:03 AM

Dear Jody Stecher

The aim of the CD is to help the reader reading the note, because the written taqasim needs a progressive ability for reading of the note, especially about the embellishments and the rythmical forms.. That is why it is important
Note that in p 14 in the book, you can find "every taqasim has its acoustic file in order to facilitate its study and how to play it, but it is not sufficient and we have to go back to the original records"
Many readers who get the CD found it helpful and important
Regards

Jody Stecher - 2-6-2016 at 10:56 AM

Dear Jody Stecher

The aim of the CD is to help the reader reading the note, because the written taqasim needs a progressive ability for reading of the note, especially about the embellishments and the rythmical forms.. That is why it is important
Note that in p 14 in the book, you can find "every taqasim has its acoustic file in order to facilitate its study and how to play it, but it is not sufficient and we have to go back to the original records"
Many readers who get the CD found it helpful and important
Regards

First let me say that I am glad this work was done and published and I look forward to obtaining a copy when it becomes available in the USA.

I see your point, and I guess the files are better than nothing, if the user of the file understands that the dynamics of the risha stroke of the human oudist was nothing like the midi sound. Besides the lack of variety of sound in timbre and volume in the midi there is another problem: The midi is an accurate reproduction of the timing indicated in the transcription. But the transcription is unavoidably an approximation of the timing of the players. This is not a criticism of the skills of the transcriber. There are limits to how accurate notation can be in portraying subtleties of timing. It *can* be done exactly but it would involve 64th notes and 32nd note rests, and rests that are notated as triplets etc, and be so cluttered as to be unreadable.

Jody Stecher - 2-6-2016 at 11:52 AM

On second thought maybe a totally accurate transcription of a skillful taqsim cannot be done. I'm thinking this because of small increments of speed change in the middle of a phrase.

mandaloun2015 - 2-6-2016 at 12:30 PM

Dear Jody Setcher
According to my knowledge while following up the work of the book,
The author wrote the notes after playing them on oud itself and not on any midi instrument
As well you can find some of the taqasims played by the author himself on his Facebook account: Ali Kisserwan
Appreciate your notes

mandaloun2015 - 2-6-2016 at 12:41 PM

Dear Brian Prunka

In p 14 in the taqasim book the author mentioned the following
(The largest part of this taqasim is available on the Internet with the exception of most Bahij Mikati's taqasim. And that Bahij Mikati's taqasims are from the archive of Lebanese Broadcasting and other sources)
And in p 61 you will find the following regarding Saeed Salam
Saeed salam's taqasims are from takasim and melodies (sonodisc cd 10046)

Brian Prunka - 2-6-2016 at 12:53 PM

Perhaps an 'anonymous' youtube account with access to the Mikati taqasim could upload them to youtube.

Jody Stecher - 2-6-2016 at 04:36 PM

Dear Jody Setcher
According to my knowledge while following up the work of the book,
The author wrote the notes after playing them on oud itself and not on any midi instrument
As well you can find some of the taqasims played by the author himself on his Facebook account: Ali Kisserwan
Appreciate your notes

Yes, of course. I'm talking about midi or midi-type *playback* , not midi as generator of the notes. I am sure the transcriptions are top quality, that they come from oud, and as accurate as it is possible to be in transcribing non-metred music.

ameer - 2-6-2016 at 08:14 PM

I would be very interested in hearing the Bahij Miqati recordings. There are only two on the internet and hardly anyone knows who he is. That is very unfortunate.

mandaloun2015 - 2-8-2016 at 02:18 AM

What was mentioned about maqam mahur in Taqasim book

Maqam Mahur

- Mahur is a Persian word, it means the Crescent.
Mahur is one of the maqamat, in which opinions are different, it is summarized as follows:
- Cairo Conference book 1932: it belongs to Rast Family (Fasilah). The first jins is of two kinds, Rast and Jiharkah of four (Tetrachord) on Rast degree in ascending case, adding jins Nikriz of four to them in descending case. The second jins is Ajam of four on Nawa degree in ascending case, and it becomes Nahawand of four in descending case. The third jins is Rast of four on Kirdan. The work begins by showing the third jins, and the maqam identity shows jins Nikriz and jins Jiharkah on Rast degree.
- Tawfiq al-Sabbagh says in his book: Majmu’at Qita’ Musiqiyyah Sharqiyyah (Collection of Eastern Musical Pieces) that Maqam Mahur is a Rast that begins from Jawabat (Higher Octave).
- Saleh al-Mahdi says in his book: Maqamat al Musiqah al ‘arabiyya (Maqamat of Arabic Music) that Maqam Mahur rests on Rast degree, it corresponds Do majeur in the western music.
- Turks define its intervals by “Commas” as follows (from left to right): 9949994.
This is about what is written about this maqam.
I had avoided presenting my opinion in the subject of Maqamat of Arabic Music, but I felt satisfied by presenting it starting from Cairo Conference book 1932, down to what is used nowadays, but in the future we will have our opinion which will be raised in another book.
Finally, we will mention what had been said by Mr. Ra’uf Yakta Bek, who was representing with Mas’ud Jamil Bek Turkey in Cairo Conference 1932. Ra’uf Yakta Bek was the chief of the committee of maqamat, rhythm and composing, he said in his book Readings and Opinions about Arabic Music Conference (pp. 72-73): if the committee of the musical scale could reach to a fateful solution about the scale, then we will be able in the committee of maqamat to classify the maqamat in a scientific way, since the failure of the committee of the musical scale in her mission was a reason, unfortunately, to obstruct our purposes in the committee of maqamat. Where we were obliged to classify the maqamat according to its genres (Ajnas) practically instead of classifying them scientifically. And such classification has no importance from the scientific point of view”. Consider!?.

IlPersiano - 2-8-2016 at 07:16 AM

Dear ilPersiano

We checked with the publisher, and on Monday the CDs must be available
Please pass by the publisher on Monday and get yours

Best

Thank you Mandaloun! Im in touch with Ali.
Btw I agree with Brian that not all the sound files can be found online. So the CD is better then nothing, as someone else wrote as well.
And I guess what Mandaloun meant as files, is the actual original recording, not ONLY the midi file.

mandaloun2015 - 2-10-2016 at 01:43 AM

Dear ilPersiano

I am glad to know that you got the CD

Appreciate your comments too

Best

mandaloun2015 - 2-10-2016 at 01:47 AM

Dear all

Taqasim book by Ali Kisserwan will be available at the Arab book fair
Hold in Casablanca-Morocco
12/2/2016-21/2/2016

As well, Ali Kisserwan's another book, titled: Rawa'i' al-Muwashshahat
(In Arabic) will be available too

Best Regards

IlPersiano - 2-10-2016 at 12:08 PM

Dear ilPersiano

I am glad to know that you got the CD

Appreciate your comments too

Best

Yes Mandaloun, got it. Thank you for helping with that.

mandaloun2015 - 2-14-2016 at 03:19 PM

hi all

Taqasim book

content

suz_i_dil - 2-15-2016 at 01:05 PM

I've listened also to the records you provide, and those of Ali Kisserwan on youtube...great work !

To join the global feedbacks, I think though it's a miss not to have an open source for the original records.
The idea of an " anonymous " youtube account is good though... Not free criticize. I mean it's a huge and valuable work Ali Kisserwan has made. But the pedagogical value would be even greater with the original records to listen, I think

Best regards

mandaloun2015 - 2-20-2016 at 03:19 AM

Dear suz_i_dil
Appreciate your comment
I will contact the author if he could help us with getting the files that are missed in the internet especially for bahij mikati and saeed salam

Best wishes

mandaloun2015 - 2-28-2016 at 12:01 PM

From Taqasim book

Taqasim Nahawand - Bahij Mikati

Played by Ali kisserwan

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10207911452128088&id=1350094157

mandaloun2015 - 3-3-2016 at 04:29 AM

From Taqasim book

Taqasim Bayati (Rabih song) - Farid al-Atrash

Played by Ali kisserwan

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10208784715359123&id=1350094157

mandaloun2015 - 3-7-2016 at 10:41 AM

Hi all
To whom it may concern
Taqasim book by Ali Kisserwan will be available in Riyadh international book fair, which will be hekd between 9-19 March 2016, in Maared Center, al-Maaref Forum chamber

Best

suz_i_dil - 4-12-2016 at 11:31 AM

Hello
i just received a copy.
The content is great with a great diversity of players and maqam . Great ressource !
The CD is a good basis to understand the style of the transcript, and actually the sound of the informatic device let the place for one to interpret the score with its own feeling, rather than trying to imitate the original
I maintain having the original records would be a great complement, but the computer playing of the CD has its advantages too
Great work, thanks !

mandaloun2015 - 4-16-2016 at 02:14 AM

Thank you siz I dil for the valuable input. Even if a song is written, and we export the audio from a music sheet, and the player is the computer, it will also be with no feelings. the personal feeling of playing the music will always be the value or it should be imitation of the original. Thank you again.Best Regards.

mandaloun2015 - 5-17-2016 at 12:45 AM

Hi all

from Taqasim book by Ali Kisserwan:

Taqasim Mohammad al-Qasabji (12 taqasim)
https://youtu.be/_PqjQCM55tI

Taqasim Riad al-Sunbati (10 Taqasim)
https://youtu.be/PaFhvfz3tYA

Taqasim Mohammad Abdu Saleh (2 Taqasim)
https://youtu.be/JQ4JOR21dbE

Taqasim George Michel (6 Taqasim)
https://youtu.be/YdkUJdi3_lQ

Taqasim Mohammad abdel Wahab (3 Taqasim)
https://youtu.be/pU2G6UazkwI

Best

mandaloun2015 - 5-23-2016 at 10:12 AM

From Taqasim book by Ali Kisserwan:

Taqasim Saeed Salam ( 5 taqasim )

https://youtu.be/lxPBA29uo5M

Taqasim Bahij Mikati ( 7 taqasim )

https://youtu.be/DyKzA0vTbR4

mandaloun2015 - 5-26-2016 at 12:13 PM

From Taqasim book by Ali Kisserwan:

Taqasim Saliba al-Qatrib (3 taqasim)
https://youtu.be/9nik0lKpmrM

Taqasim Omar al-Naqshabandi (3 taqasim )
https://youtu.be/rtS76zIYCKA

IlPersiano - 5-27-2016 at 07:58 AM

Thank you Mandaloun about the links concerning the taqasim.
Though they are cut. Would be great to have the soundclips of the whole original taqasim. Do you think would that be possible in the near future?:bowdown:
Shukran!

mandaloun2015 - 7-24-2016 at 11:46 AM

Hi all

Taqasim book by Ali Kisserwan will be available at Istanbul International Arabic Book Fair, which will be held between 25-31 July 2016 at Muntada al Ma'aref. As well, Rawa'e3 al-Muwashshahat روائع الموشحات in Arabic will be available too.

Thank you

mandaloun2015 - 10-26-2016 at 09:36 AM

Hi all
Taqasim book and Rawa'i' al Muwashshahat by Ali Kisserwan will be available at "Salon international du livre d'Alger" between October 27 and November 5, 2016, which is held at Palais de expositions pins maritimes, at al Ma'aref Forum

oudsharqi - 10-26-2016 at 11:16 AM

Hi all
I want to buy the book, but I would like to know how much would be the shipment to an european country (Spain in this case)
Does anyone order it from Europe so he/she can tell me how much did they pay?

thanks

mandaloun2015 - 11-30-2016 at 01:55 AM

Dear all
Taqasim and Rawa'e' al Muwashshahat books by Ali Kisserwan will be available at Doha book fair from 1-12 December 2016, at al Maaref Forum, c24

Best regards

mandaloun2015 - 12-11-2016 at 12:31 AM

Hi all

The link of the records in the taqasim book

http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=16647

Best regards

mandaloun2015 - 12-14-2016 at 12:18 AM

Hi all,

Taqasim book, and Rawa'i' al-Muwashshahat by Ali Kisserwan will be available in Jeddah book fair, at Muntada al-Maaref (254) between: December 15-25, 2016.

Best

mandaloun2015 - 1-26-2017 at 04:37 AM

Dear All

I am glad to inform you that Taqasim and Rawai' al Muwashshahat books by Ali Kisserwan will be available in Cairo International Book Fair (48) which will be held between January 26-February 10, 2017 in fairgrounds , Nasr City, at Muntada al Maaref section

Best Regards

mandaloun2015 - 2-10-2017 at 12:49 AM

Hi All

Hope you are all well

this is to inform you that Ali Kisserwan's books: Rawa'i3 al Muwashshahat and Taqasim will be available at the International Exhibition of publishing the book in Casablanca between 09 and February 19, 2017, the Office of Trade Pfdhae Casablanca, Rue Tiznit, compared to the Hassan II Mosque, at al Ma'aref Forum

Best Regards

suz_i_dil - 2-17-2017 at 02:31 AM

Hello Mandaloun

I was wondering about this video on Mr Ali Kiserwan fb profile

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10212182379778610&id...

Does it mean the author has edited a book for duo/trio/Quatuor ?

Nice arrangement !

Regards

mandaloun2015 - 2-19-2017 at 09:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by suz_i_dil  
Hello Mandaloun

I was wondering about this video on Mr Ali Kiserwan fb profile

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10212182379778610&id...

Does it mean the author has edited a book for duo/trio/Quatuor ?

Nice arrangement !

Regards

Dear suz_i_dil
Yes The author edited that book and the Lebanese National Higher Conservatory of Music published it in 2000.

Regards

suz_i_dil - 2-19-2017 at 01:43 PM

Thanks to the answer
Any chance to order a copy do you think ? I didn't found it on neel w furat.

mandaloun2015 - 2-20-2017 at 09:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by suz_i_dil  

Thanks to the answer
Any chance to order a copy do you think ? I didn't found it on neel w furat.

Dearest
The book is only sold at the library of the Lebanese National Higher Conservatory of Music.

Best.

suz_i_dil - 2-20-2017 at 12:29 PM

Thank you, I'll get in touch with them and see
Best regards

mandaloun2015 - 3-8-2017 at 01:31 AM

Hi all
Taqasim and Rawa'e' al Muwashshahat books by Ali Kisserwan will be available in Riyadh Book fair which will be held between March 8-18, 2017, in Maaref Forum section at International Riyadh Center

thank you

mandaloun2015 - 3-28-2017 at 12:35 AM

Dear all

Taqasim book and Rawa'i al Muwashshahat book by ali Kisserwan are available at al Maaref Forum section in Tunis book fair, which is held between 24/3/2017 till 2/4/2017 in "Kasr al Ma'arid"-Karm

best

SufianSaeed - 3-28-2017 at 02:02 AM

do you have any idea where i can get the book from in istanbul ? , thank you mandaloun :)

mandaloun2015 - 3-29-2017 at 12:09 AM

Dear Sufian

you can visit al Irshad Library in Istanbul

or you can ask for a copy from Beirut throul al Neel wa al Furat site

best

mandaloun2015 - 4-5-2017 at 11:16 PM

Hi all,

I would like to inform you that:

Taqasim book and Rawa'i al Muwashshahat book by ali Kisserwan are available at al Maaref Forum section in Erbil International book fair (#12) which is held during the period from 5/4/2017 to 15/4/2017 at the international Exhibition Centre, Sami Abdul Rahman Park

best

mandaloun2015 - 8-21-2017 at 01:15 AM

Hello Dear friends,
In addition to the publisher's appointed agents and distributors, readers around the world can order, also, Taqasim and Rawae' al mowashshahat books by Ali Kisserwan from Mr. Tareq Al Jundi

Tareqjundioud@yahoo.com

https://www.facebook.com/alJundiT

Best

mandaloun2015 - 2-6-2018 at 12:31 AM

Taqasim Riad al-Sunbati from Taqasim book by Ali kisserwan
"new link"

https://youtu.be/16P_eTm8xao

Oudistan - 4-6-2018 at 11:34 AM

I have purchased the book from Jamalon.com and received it in Saudi Arabia within 3 days.
This work is a must have for every oud player and musician with interest in Arabic music.

Love it!