Mike's Oud Forums

New oud by Yildirim Palabiyik

hamed - 1-15-2016 at 12:05 PM

Hello friends,

I wanted to endorse our fellow forum member and Master Luthier Yildirim Palabiyik (whisperoftheoud) for a oud that I recently acquired from him.

This oud is a true masterpiece. The craftsmanship is outstanding and the sound is better than any oud I have ever heard or played. The oud has so far exceeded my expectations and I would encourage those who are looking for a superb instrument to contact Yildirim. I ordered this base model around 7 months ago when Yildirim was offering a discount sale, I have to say that you get a lot of oud for a base model..

Specifications:

Face : Canadian Cedar
Bowl: Wenge
String length: 58.5 cm
Pegs: Rosewood
Fingerboard: ebony
Tuning: Arabic

I also shot a quick video with my I phone, however this only captures a small fraction of the oud's true sound, i'll try to post something of higher quality once I have the means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_2YmZuo9I8

Please share your opinions! (not of my poor playing, but the oud)

majnuunNavid - 1-15-2016 at 09:42 PM

Yildirim is awesome. I'm looking forward to receiving an Oud from him soon.

Your playing is very nice!

spyblaster - 1-16-2016 at 10:26 AM

I play and sell his ouds in Iran. very nice ouds for great prices.

Mehran - 1-17-2016 at 03:48 AM

Lovely oud. Have you tuned it slightly lower than conventional arabic pitch? Sounds very deep. How deep is the bowl/comfortable to hold?

hamed - 1-17-2016 at 08:04 PM

Thanks for the kind words.. I'm not sure about the exact measurement of the bowl, but it's very comfortable to hold and i can't tell any difference between it and my other ouds. You are right, i'm tuning the oud to Bb instead of the traditional C, i like the way the lower tuning sounds, and i also believe the lower tension is better on the oud structurally.

spyblaster - 1-19-2016 at 06:40 AM

Here are the dimensions of Yildirim ouds:

The lenght of body : 48.5 cm
The lenght of the neck : 19.5 cm
String lenght: 58.5 cm
Depth is: 19 cm
The width : 36.5 cm

Contact me for great offers on Yildirim ouds.