Mike's Oud Forums

Software for pitch and speed video ?

sylvainbd - 2-6-2016 at 07:56 AM

Hi friends

Actually I am working on this video by Serdar Aygun :
https://youtu.be/ZrTZOBn3E90

As always I have two problems to understand in details what happens :
- speed
- tuning (he plays turkish, i play arabic !)

That's why i use Adobe première to change the tuning (2 semi tones with audio effect). And after export video, i use VLC to watch slowly the video ...

Anyone have a simpler idea ? A magical software with both options ?

Thank you for your answer :)

Brian Prunka - 2-6-2016 at 09:08 AM

You can change the speed in Youtube itself.
Click on the settings button (looks like a geared wheel) and select the speed you want.

To change the speed of the music/video and the pitch independently, you can use Transcribe! (Which is a great program all around).
The video will automatically change speed to match the speed of the audio, and you can change pitch and speed independently. You can also fine-tune the pitch for all those recordings that are not tuned to A440.

sylvainbd - 2-6-2016 at 12:41 PM

Thank you Brian !
"Transcribe" seems to be a good tool for this kind of operation. Maybe one day just a plugin for mozilla !...
Regards

elreyrico - 2-7-2016 at 06:17 AM

"transcribe" is excellent

another solution is "amazing slowdowner" but i do not know if it works with video

Jody Stecher - 2-7-2016 at 08:04 AM

Brian, using my iMac and Safari I have yet to find a youtube video where the settings button offers a speed option. Is there a "secret" to get it to appear?

Quote: Originally posted by Brian Prunka  
You can change the speed in Youtube itself.
Click on the settings button (looks like a geared wheel) and select the speed you want.

To change the speed of the music/video and the pitch independently, you can use Transcribe! (Which is a great program all around).
The video will automatically change speed to match the speed of the audio, and you can change pitch and speed independently. You can also fine-tune the pitch for all those recordings that are not tuned to A440.

Brian Prunka - 2-7-2016 at 08:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Jody Stecher  
Brian, using my iMac and Safari I have yet to find a youtube video where the settings button offers a speed option. Is there a "secret" to get it to appear?

Every single youtube video, if you click on the settings button (the gear-shaped button on the lower right side of the video, next to the full-screen button), you get a small dialog. The dialog says:
Autoplay
Annotations
Speed
Quality

If you click on 'speed', it gives you .25, .5, normal, 1.25, 1.5, 2

If you don't see it, perhaps you have an old browser or something, I don't know.
For what it's worth, I have Flash disabled in my main Youtube settings and am using the HTML5 player.

Jody Stecher - 2-7-2016 at 09:54 AM

The settings button reveals 1 or 2 of those options for me but speed is not one of them. I'll look into it. thanks.

Quote: Originally posted by Brian Prunka  
Quote: Originally posted by Jody Stecher  

Every single youtube video, if you click on the settings button (the gear-shaped button on the lower right side of the video, next to the full-screen button), you get a small dialog. The dialog says:
Autoplay
Annotations
Speed
Quality

If you click on 'speed', it gives you .25, .5, normal, 1.25, 1.5, 2

If you don't see it, perhaps you have an old browser or something, I don't know.
For what it's worth, I have Flash disabled in my main Youtube settings and am using the HTML5 player.

sylvainbd - 2-7-2016 at 12:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by elreyrico  
"transcribe" is excellent
another solution is "amazing slowdowner" but i do not know if it works with video

I have this one on my smarthpone and this software is very good to change the tempo etc. The audio quality is impressive ... even very slowly ! Unfortunately only for audio format (MP3, Wave, WMA, OGG, FLAC, AAC ...) not for video format.

bulerias1981 - 2-10-2016 at 09:36 PM

The amazing slowdowner not only changes speed but pitch as well. You can even loop difficult parts. It's been very helpful practicing and learning pieces. You can take a youtube video and convert it to mp3 via google search and put that track into the amazing slowdowner

Marcus - 2-11-2016 at 12:02 AM

Hi Folks,:wavey:

I use Audacity(Portable) to slow down tracks without changing the pitch-or the opposite- changing pitch without changing the speed.
To convert soundfiles or videos to mp3,wav,wmv,ogg and so on, i use XMediaRecode.
Both softwares are freeware and work very good, for me.(To do tempi- or pitchchanges in Audacity go to "effects".)

Cheers,
Marcus

sylvainbd - 2-11-2016 at 06:18 AM

marcus and bulerias1981, thank you to give us your method but my problem is especially for video, not audio format.

bulerias1981 - 2-11-2016 at 07:40 AM

I know, but as I said you can convert videos into mp3 using this site https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=youtube+to+mp3

Brian Prunka - 2-11-2016 at 08:29 AM

I think he means he wants to watch the slowed-down video, not just get the audio files.
Transcribe! can do that. If you have a Mac, iMovie and Quicktime 7 can both do it I think. IMovie is a bit of work though.

sylvainbd - 2-12-2016 at 08:18 AM

Thank you bulerias1981 but i already used youtube mp3 converter. Very usefull !
Maybe i wasn't clear in my problem but as Brian said, i would like to work on video. For me audio file is not always sufficient. I have a windows computer so Transcribe is a good deal.
Thank you all ;)