Mike's Oud Forums

Oud repair in or near Massachusetts?

keving - 7-7-2016 at 05:16 PM

Rather not drive to NY, but I certainly will need be. Any suggestion for Oud maintenance around MA? Unfortunately Peter Kyvelos is no longer able to work.

Thanks, Kevin

bulerias1981 - 7-8-2016 at 08:24 PM

I do oud making and repair. I'm in upstate, NY about an hour closer to you than NYC. Let me know if I can help you.

Thanks

keving - 7-9-2016 at 05:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bulerias1981  
I do oud making and repair. I'm in upstate, NY about an hour closer to you than NYC. Let me know if I can help you.

Thanks

Thank you, I appreciate that, I will let you know.

Andy - 7-12-2016 at 01:17 PM

Chris Pantazelos worked for Peter for many years and is very experienced in our repair. I recently had 2 old ouds repaired by him. He is located in Lowell, MA. His number is 978 458-9202. His shop is known as Spartan Instruments @ 635 Rogers St.

Brian Prunka - 7-12-2016 at 05:47 PM

Harry Norris is in Maynard and does repairs:

http://www.assabetstrings.com

John in Beacon does fantastic work, very much recommended for any major work.

keving - 7-15-2016 at 12:50 PM

Thanks much, I've got a local luthier working on it at this point. We'll see how it goes (fingers-crossed emoji)... He's worked on violins and such beasts for a long time, so he felt trustworthy.

I'll let ya'll know how it turns out.

And thanks for the tips, I will add them to my book of knowledge and if I need to commit to a deeper level of oud-ness I will follow up on some of these. Thank you very much!

freya - 7-23-2016 at 07:12 PM

Since it was mentioned, just a note to folks in general: I have closed the shop in Maynard and am moving to a new location in Asheville NC, Should be re-opened in November. I hope any NC players will drop me a line.

Cheers,
Harry