Mike's Oud Forums

My new paduk ud by Dincer Dalkilic

mavrothis - 2-12-2005 at 07:03 PM

Hello guys!

Please take a look at this masterpiece that I have become so lucky to own. It is an absolutely beautiful paduk ud made by the master maker Mr. Dincer Dalkilic. Not only does it look beautiful, but the tone, projection, overtones, sustain, and playability are just unbelievable.

And he lives in Philadelphia, PA (when he's not in Istanbul)!!! :bounce:

Mr. Dalkilic developed the design for his uds along with his good friend and master player/composer Udi Cinucen Tanrikorur. If you love Udi Cinucen's sound, then you'll love these uds. Sorry, but I can't get over it! :D :D :D

Thanks to Dincer for this great instrument, and for the great hospitality and advice you continue to share. :applause: I feel very lucky to have you so close by to NY.

Enjoy the pictures, I'll post some sound soon. :)

Take care,

mavrothis

mavrothis - 2-12-2005 at 07:04 PM

here is a close up of the rosettes:

mavrothis - 2-12-2005 at 07:05 PM

the back:

mavrothis - 2-12-2005 at 07:07 PM

the sideview:

mavrothis - 2-12-2005 at 07:08 PM

With Dincer Dalkilic:

Mike - 2-12-2005 at 07:09 PM

Woo Hoo! What a beauty my man. The instrument is elegant and I'm sure sounds amazing. Can't wait to hear it Mavro!

oudman - 2-13-2005 at 04:44 AM

Beautiful oud mav, alf mabrouk
cant wait to hear it ;)

Multi Kulti - 2-13-2005 at 05:10 AM

Mavro megeia kai kalopaixto...einai panemorfo...

Nikos

Faladel - 2-13-2005 at 06:39 AM

Hi Mav:
Mabruk ....its very nice oud..Please pot your play..;)

walkad - 2-13-2005 at 08:13 AM

You really got something there, looking forward to hear it.
And really beautifull rosettes, is it bone?

Monawar Al-Jabar - 2-13-2005 at 09:12 AM

Hello Mavr
:wavey:

What i beautifull oud l:airguitar: looking forward to hear it

All the best
Monawar

Jonathan - 2-13-2005 at 02:56 PM

Mabruk, Mav. Absolutely beautiful. Now, how about a sound file?

Jameel - 2-13-2005 at 04:10 PM

Very nice, Mav. I especially love the pattern of the shamsiyya. Very elegant and refined. Can you explain how he does the ring around the big hole with the pearl diamonds. Is the background some sort of mastic, or is it wood?

oudplayer - 2-13-2005 at 04:49 PM

hi mav
wow this is what i call a oud the ring around is amazing hope to hear it soon.
thx sammy

mavrothis - 2-13-2005 at 05:53 PM

Hi guys thanks a lot. I'll post something soon, I have to get used to the longer string length. :rolleyes:

Yes Walkad, the rosettes are bone, I believe he makes them in his Istanbul shop. There are a lot of things that are special about Mr. Dincer's uds. From the peg positioning, the width of the nut and bridge, the length of the strings, soundboard, etc, etc, he's really something.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of the sound. It's really powerful, but also beautiful in tone.

Thanks again for your really nice comments. :D I am very happy! :)

mav

Jameel - 2-13-2005 at 06:05 PM

Quote:
There are a lot of things that are special about Mr. Dincer's uds. From the peg positioning, the width of the nut and bridge, the length of the strings,

Can you elaborate, Mav? I noticed on his website the odd position of the pegs on the oud he features in the slide show.

Quote:
Yes Walkad, the rosettes are bone,

Do you mean horn? This looks like horn.

mavrothis - 2-13-2005 at 07:40 PM

Hi,

The pegs are offset, not all in the middle of the pegbox, so that no strings rub on other pegs. It's a great idea. I'm sure the rosettes are horn as you said Jameel. I don't know the details of how he's done his work, but I'm sure he'd be happy to discuss it with you. He is a very open and helpful person. :)

Take care,

mav

Jameel - 2-13-2005 at 08:30 PM

VERY interesting. Thanks Mav. I would LOVE to see some close up shots of the pegbox from a few angles if you would be so kind. :bowdown: I have thought about that problem for a long time, and this is again, very interesting.

sound file

mavrothis - 2-17-2005 at 05:28 PM

Hi,

Thanks again for all your really nice comments, and to Dincer for this wonderful instrument.

Here is the sound file for you, hopefully the sound quality is not too bad for you to hear the beauty that this instrument has locked up inside it. :)

I will gladly recommend Dincer's ouds to anyone looking for a true Turkish concert oud. Enjoy.

Take care,

mavrothis

oudman - 2-17-2005 at 05:50 PM

Mav
The oud sounds unreal, im sure ure having a lot of fun with it ;)
Mabrouk again, cant wait to hear it live
Enjoy

TruePharaoh21 - 2-17-2005 at 06:29 PM

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. Mav, what a fantaaaaaaaastic sounding oud. I'm in utter shock...

TP21

Monawar Al-Jabar - 2-17-2005 at 06:34 PM

Hello Mav :wavey:

the sound is unreal :applause::applause: any more of the same :bowdown::xtreme::buttrock::airguitar: you make me want to get one from the same maker what can i say the sound is unbliveable

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

chaldo - 2-17-2005 at 07:06 PM

THAT IS AMAZING!!!!!!!! I just love it. Alf mabruk!

hope to hear more.

mavrothis - 2-17-2005 at 07:14 PM

:)

Thanks guys! Dincer is really an amazing artist. And this instrument was only made in December, imagine how it will mature over the years.

I'm glad you like it and could hear it's voice even under the compressed mp3 and low quality microphone. :)

Take care!

mav

LeeVaris - 2-17-2005 at 07:45 PM

Awesome!

Wow Mav... that's some oud you've got there. Your playing is quite nice as well - really maturing... great tonal control - I'm sure it helps to have a great sounding oud (perhaps we should say ud?)but your playing is very expressive as well.

How long is Dincer's waiting list? Yes... this oud has a great classic Turkish sound!

Mike - 2-18-2005 at 01:25 AM

beautiful oud, beautiful sound, and beautiful playing.
You're three for three on this one my man.
mabrouk again bro,
mike

Faladel - 2-18-2005 at 11:01 AM

Hi Mav:

Wooooow...Fantastic and very very nice sound..
Mabrouk
:applause::airguitar:

walkad - 2-18-2005 at 11:19 AM

Mav, your oud is truly built by a master!! I loved the sound.
And I liked your playing too, realy touching saaaad music (shouldnt you be on a happier mood with sucha greate oud;) )

What kinda string did you put on it?

mavrothis - 2-18-2005 at 03:34 PM

Hehehe...thanks guys. I like sad music, what can I say? lol :)

The strings are special Pyramid strings. I'm working to get myself and Mr. Dalkilic some more sets from a supplier in Boston (Oudman hooked me up with that ;)).

His name is Olav Henriksen, he's very nice to deal with. All you need is to provide him with your string length and tuning, and he can recommend a nice set for you. Here is his contact info:

617-776-8688 or Email Boston Catlines

Thanks for your nice comments again guys. :)

mav

spyros mesogeia - 2-19-2005 at 01:34 AM

KALORIZIKO ADERFE,WRAIO ORGANO
Hello my friends,
this is the beauty of the oud.
Best Regards
Spyros Koliavasilis

oudmaker - 2-23-2005 at 05:49 PM

Thank you all.
Dincer

Monawar Al-Jabar - 2-23-2005 at 08:04 PM

Hi Mavr :wavey:

Any more file my friend from that great oud of you'rs

:airguitar::airguitar::airguitar:

mavrothis - 2-23-2005 at 09:24 PM

Hi my friend,

I'll see what I can do. :) Thanks for asking buddy.

Take care,

mav

Mabrouk

mawoud - 2-23-2005 at 10:03 PM

Mabrouk Mav for this wonderful oud. I can't wait to hear it life our next lesson :)
I liked the sound. It seems that the oud was singing, it was as our friends said "unreal". That's true, the music you played was a little sad but very expressive. Way to go man!!!:xtreme:
Nader