Mike's Oud Forums

Tune name

francis - 9-30-2016 at 11:12 AM

Hello dear friends.

I didn't write on Mikesoud for a long time, but it's a pleasure to come back!
I'm searching the name of this greek ( or turkish ) tune. I've known it a few years ago but impossible to bring it back in my memory!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaqpkR-LHWc.

Francis

Marcus - 9-30-2016 at 11:20 AM

Hi Francis,
the tune is called"Hicaz Mandra. It is turkish, as far as I know.

PaulS - 9-30-2016 at 11:23 AM

Hijaz Mandra

francis - 9-30-2016 at 11:55 AM

Yes I was thinking this tune is closed to Hijaz mandira I use to play, but with important melodic variations in this video and the number of parts isn't the same too. That's wy for me it was another mandira...

francis - 9-30-2016 at 11:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by francis  
Yes I was thinking this tune is closed to Hijaz mandira I use to play, but with important melodic variations in this video and the number of parts isn't the same too. That's why for me it was another mandira...

suz_i_dil - 10-1-2016 at 05:28 AM

Hello Francis

Welcome back,hope you're going fine !

I think you get confuse by all their rythmic improvisation. It is not a standard written variations but their improvisation in 7 beats (1-2 / 1-2 / 1-2-3 -> you can count also short - short - long )

francis - 10-1-2016 at 08:42 AM

Bonjour ,

( merci Marouan.... Effectivement, en écoutant j'avais perdu l'essentiel d'un morceau que je "joue" depuis des années.....déjà usé par la rentrée?)

(Bon, maintenant je vais demander pour une partition...dont je ne trouve qu'une partie. J'ai envie d'essayer au cumbus en plus du oud....)

While listening to the tune I didn't really recognized it.....however I play it for years....it's time to find the rest!..may be with coolest tunes?

I would like to get the music sheet for this one : Hicaz (ussâl) nakis Yürük semaï.... I like the idea to use a saz cumbus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0foMnVNrV5I

suz_i_dil - 10-2-2016 at 01:39 PM

Hello again !
I think it is a difficult choice for finding the score. A quick search on Google seems to bring only this piece from this composer. Nothing on neyzen website,which very rich in scores of classical
He seems not very known unfortunately. Maybe you could try a message to the people playing it on the video ?

Bonne chance avec la reprise :)