Mike's Oud Forums

MAHMUT GUZEL TURKISH OUD WITH IBEAM ACTIVE PICKUP

pacodelunch - 10-17-2016 at 03:29 PM

Selling my turkish oud, sold through the barismuzikevi shop, famous for their saz instruments, believed to be around 15 to 20 years old, I am the second owner. It seems to be cedar top with rosewood and maple ? back and sides, not sure. Tone is good and amplified it is superb. The ibeam active is an almost perfect oud pickup and costs £160 on it's own. This has been installed by a luthier professionally.
The oud has some repaired damage to the back, and the top has not been varnished. COLLECT ONLY IN THE UK, and the ebay link also includes a link to a youtube video.
I am selling as Edward Powell is building me one of his hybrid instruments , and I also own a Godin Multioud Ambience, which is very practical.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282222475395?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&am...

elreyrico - 10-22-2016 at 12:31 AM

hi

sorry i am not interested by the oud, but if you can tell us more about Mr Guzel, i am curious.

I have a laouto/lavta hybrid made by him (a laouto with 12 frets on the neck, and octave at the neck/body junction).

I have check baris muzik evi but his name does not appear on the website.

do you know more ?

Regards

Eric

pacodelunch - 10-22-2016 at 03:59 PM

I don't know anything about the luthier, I suspect he was just one of the craftsmen used by baris muzik evi...