Mike's Oud Forums

Zeryab ouds

charlie oud - 1-4-2017 at 02:17 AM

Hello everyone,
Long time since I posted, been busy with singing and playing guitar. Back on the oud now and enjoying my lovely Micheal Moussa Oud, my favorite as it has a lovely sound and feel. However, I am curious about Zeryab Ouds available from Arab instruments. Does anyone have one of these?.
Don't really need another oud but we all know the following question and answer: Question: How many ouds does an oud player need?
Answer: Just one more.
Good to be back in touch and enjoying the oud again.

zakiya_alali - 1-4-2017 at 02:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by charlie oud  
Hello everyone,
Question: How many ouds does an oud player need?
Answer: Just one more.

I really like ur sense of humour :))

Luttgutt - 1-9-2017 at 08:00 AM

Ziriab ouds are not top quality. But good enough. Relyable and consistant (the quality does NOT differ a lot from oud to oud. All in all good for the price.

charlie oud - 1-10-2017 at 01:24 AM

Thank you for your replies

Dbaibo - 1-11-2017 at 11:51 AM

And btw they are way overpriced on arabinstruments I have a Zeryab oud they not bad but poor quality I learned on a Zeryab oud and loved it and I still do, if you want a Zeryab oud don't par more than 500 and that's for the best one contact Zeryab from their website for more info

zakiya_alali - 1-11-2017 at 12:03 PM

I have brand new zeryab oud, if u r interested plz u2u me for details

charlie oud - 1-12-2017 at 03:00 AM

Thank you Dbaibo for your help. I have sent a message to Zeryab ouds using their website but have no reply yet.
Zakiya alali, did you send me an email with pictures of this oud? I received an email addressed to George but my name is Charlie. If this was from you thank you but I am particularly interested in the Shami models as seen hear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LKu-O6rl-4

zakiya_alali - 1-12-2017 at 05:21 AM

Yes that email was coming from me. Sorry for misprint ur name

charlie oud - 1-12-2017 at 05:38 AM

No problem and thank you for sending me the videos. I really like your playing and the oud sounds nice. Which model is it?.

zakiya_alali - 1-12-2017 at 06:10 AM

Im not quite sure, the label says its model 8