Mike's Oud Forums

Godin Multioud

Arsalan - 5-16-2017 at 08:48 AM

Hello dear oudfriends ! :)

Iam almost sure that im going to buy a Godin Multioud but i havent had the chance to try one yet..

I would love to hear your experience with this instrument so if you have anything to share please do :) highly appericiated :D

I am thinking more about the Ambiance than the Encore beacuse the reason i need a Multioud is because i need to be able to play without feedback in very loud envirioments and with diffrent sounds and effects .

So what is youre likes and dislikes :) :shrug:

Best Regards / Arsalan Nasiri

_tone - 5-16-2017 at 10:29 AM

i have one and i really like it. i particularly like the width of the neck. it's very forgiving. the sound can be quite nice as well. i recommend it, although you should take my opinion with a very large grain of salt. incidentally, i have one for sale, if you're interested in buying one i can help you out.

alwalker - 5-23-2017 at 08:27 PM

Hi Ardalan,

I have a MultiOud Ambiance and really enjoy playing it, as the previous post says, it has a wonderful neck. I find that the output signal from the Fishman Aura Pro preamplifier is on the low side, so I use a TC Electronic Sentry noise gate in front of a Fishman ToneDEQ acoustic effects processor/DI to remove the his when I'm not playing. I use the D'Addario Oud strings and tune mine DADGCF using the Cleartune iOS app, which allows me to tune in Just Intonation referenced to the D tonic.

The Ambiance is no longer in the Godin product catalogue, only the cheaper Encore model. It's absolutely worth getting the Ambiance model though.