Mike's Oud Forums

Looking for DIMITRIS RAPAKOUSIOS oud

aminateur - 8-22-2017 at 04:42 AM

Thank you guys for making this oud experience an interactive one.

I was trying to contact DIMITRIS RAPAKOUSIOS via the information on his website without any luck. I would like to order a oud from him.

Would anyone be kind enough to share his contact information with me?

Many thanks in advance,
Amin

SamirCanada - 8-22-2017 at 05:18 AM

I think he is on vacation. You can send him a whatsapp +306937147706 or through his instagram account @rapakodi.

aminateur - 8-23-2017 at 03:11 AM

Thank you very much Samir, still no luck... will keep on trying.

alaaraj - 8-25-2017 at 12:20 AM

Have you seen this?

http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=16735

aminateur - 8-25-2017 at 08:20 AM

Thanks for your help everybody, i was able to reach him

Humam - 10-15-2017 at 10:59 AM

Hi Amin,

Did you end up buying/ ordering an Oud form Rapakousios?

I have seen his work on Instagram, and his Ouds are beautiful. I'm curious about your experience, price range, shipping, and so on.

Thank you in advance.

Humam

yavaran - 10-15-2017 at 07:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Humam  
Hi Amin,

Did you end up buying/ ordering an Oud form Rapakousios?

I have seen his work on Instagram, and his Ouds are beautiful. I'm curious about your experience, price range, shipping, and so on.

Thank you in advance.

Humam

Hi Humam--I ordered a dimitris oud years ago and still play it today. I had an amazing experience all around.

He did a great job shipping (extremely well-packed and the oud made it in 1 piece) and the price was very fair. However they do not start cheap as I remember but it is always good to ask--he is very responsive and understanding.

Any specific questions?

aminateur - 10-16-2017 at 12:06 PM

Hi Humam,

I did order one from him, but did not receive it yet. I was able to reach him through whatsapp and he is responsive. Will keep you posted once I receive it.

Best

Humam - 10-17-2017 at 05:52 PM

Thanks for your reply Yavaran & Amin.

I have a two years old Shehata floating bridge apprentice Oud. And I love my Oud, but I'm thinking about getting a nicer one.

I'm not an expert, but I really like the sound and the design of Dimitris Ouds.

However, as I was doing my research, in an old post, Brian Prunka brought up an excellent and valid point. Why would you go to a Greek or a Turkish maker instead of an Arabic or Iraqi maker if you are looking for an Arabic oud?

So, I'm still thinking about that before making a decision

Other than that, it seems like both of you have a good experience with him.

Again, thank you very much for your help and all the info.

Regards.

Humam

aminateur - 5-11-2018 at 06:01 AM

I would like to share my very positive experience with Dimitris.

Dimitris was very prompt in answering all my questions. He offered me a wide arrange of ouds, woods... i chose a rosewood bowl and cedar soundboard. He picked a beautiful century old cedar soundboard. I received the oud within the promised time frame. The oud made it in one piece. The cases he provides are amazing and i received many complements about the case from non-oud players. I have a thermometer and hygrometer in the case and the case maintains both relatively well.

The oud is extremely responsive and the action is perfect. It holds tuning very well.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BevZZ7_F2DY/?hl=en

In summary I found Dimitris to be transparent, professional and his oud is the best I've owned. If any of you are interested in ordering a oud from him, I am very confident he will please you. You can be assured that your money is safe and well spent. Plus his prices are very reasonable.