Mike's Oud Forums

Where can I purchase plectrums?

Orahim1 - 3-13-2005 at 10:28 PM

As I do with my guitar pics, I often misplace my plectrums and would like to know where to buy more. I see them once and a while through ebay but does anyone know of a place that sells them instead of an auction type deal?

Mike - 3-14-2005 at 11:50 AM

Hi,
Try contacting Viken Najarian. His website it www.oud.net and his email is najouds@aol.com.
Good luck,
Mike

plectrum making

dennis perusse - 3-22-2005 at 07:21 PM

hello,

You can also make then with some cable tie that you can get at your local home improvement center. The size needs to be 3/4 inch size of cable tie. You then will need some sandpaper and maybe a file. You then cut the cable tie to the size you wish to have it and then use the sandpaper to thin it out to make it flexilbe to your needs. I hope that that helps you out and good luck.

dennis

freya - 3-23-2005 at 07:05 AM

I purchased some of the "good" rishi from Pyramid in Germany (http://www.pyramid-saiten.de). They're not bad. I usually use horn rishi from Egypt but they cost a lot to ship. The nice thing about the horn rishi is that they are easy to thin by scraping with a sharp edge. I haven't tried that with the celluloid.

Freya