Mike's Oud Forums

Oud display cabinet

Edward6311 - 5-8-2019 at 10:34 PM

I wanted to share my Oud display cabinet I built for my Ouds. I had always kept them each in there own hard case for protection but also wanted them to display them because each is also a beautiful work of art. This cabinet I believe achieved both. Protection and display. I was happy with the result. The color is the same color as the house trim, I textured the inside cabinet walls and painted the walls the same color as the inside walls of the house and used the same carpet on the floor of the cabinet as the house. It seems to match the house perfectly. Tempered glass on the doors and locks to keep them safe. From left to right. Nazih Ghhadban, Lebanon- Faruk Turunz, Turkey- Hasson Mohamed Zayoud Palestine 1961- and a factory Syrian Oud which I plan on replacing with a Ibrahim Sukar Oud I plan on purchasing this summer on my planned trip to Syria.

image.jpg - 203kB

SamirCanada - 5-9-2019 at 02:56 AM

This is great! Congratulations.
Also one benefit in case you didnt think of it is that it's much easier to control humidity in this type of cabinet. Much like a humidor.

DavidJE - 5-9-2019 at 09:22 PM

That looks great! What kind of bowl do you have on your Türünz oud, if you don't mind me asking?

Edward6311 - 5-10-2019 at 07:35 AM

thank you Samir and David,

Faruk Turunz custom single # 15-3-09. I believe it is a Santos bowl. It is absolutely beautiful. A real work of art.

DavidJE - 5-10-2019 at 09:20 AM

Sounds great Edward! I have one with santos and maple myself that I love. The santos wood really is beautiful. But the front of yours looks nearly identical to a custom single I have in Asian plane wood and rosewood. I ordered it after seeing one that sold where I liked the picture even more than the one I got, and wondered if you happened to have the one in the picture.

alaaraj - 5-10-2019 at 02:11 PM

Suggested addition, fit some spotlights (preferably LED because they don't overheat) in the inside will bring this cabinet to whole new level!

:-)