Mike's Oud Forums

Maqam Finder and FretBoard Map for OUD

sylvainbd - 4-18-2021 at 11:30 PM

Hello

I would like to create an excel table free online to get a maqam finger notes (diagram) depending tuning/ makam / tonality ... :airguitar:

I think that is possible because I found this table file below basically made for guitar notes. I started to modify it but wow ... not easy !
Somebody could help about that ?

Attachment: Simplified Scale Finder and FretBoard Map OUD MAQAM.xlsx (18kB)
This file has been downloaded 95 times

A second idea would be an excel file changing automatically the maqam diagram by a timer and a suite maqam selected ...
It could be an interactive and very exciting exercice to improve the maqam switching !

I have many ideas about that. Let me know yours !

volaya - 4-22-2021 at 01:54 AM

I have been thinking about something like that for a while, but most likely implemented as a simple website using JS (there are quite a few libraries that do this same thing with guitar scales, and they are probably easy to adapt). I am ready to spend time on this if there is interest, so let's coordinate on it and see what we can do.

Cheers!

sylvainbd - 4-22-2021 at 03:34 AM

Thank you volaya for your answer.
I would like offer this table file as open source free online. The only interest will be many thanks by users. Look maqam world website. A very nice idea for all beginner and more...
This idea is more simple. I don't want to create a website. Just a file available to download for all.
If you are ok contact me by WA 0033 649197764

volaya - 4-22-2021 at 11:06 AM

Sure. When I said "interest", I didn't mean anything commercial, just interest from people to use it and find it useful. I was planning to create a website and release the source code as well, so people can use it online, but also download it or reuse it however they want. That's why I prefer that instead of an excel file.

Maybe not the same thing that you are thinking of, but I guess there will be points in common. Let's talk about it. Will contact you via WA.

Thanks!