Mike's Oud Forums

Updated slideshow of my Oud collection including my new Sukar Oud

Edward6311 - 6-4-2022 at 11:49 AM

My new Sukar Oud soundboard was bare wood, so I had a local luthier friend of mine put a thin French Polish on the soundboard for protection. Peter Tsiorba of Tsiorba Guitars.

Taqsim by Michael Ibrahim

Edward

Link to my Oud collection slideshow.

https://youtu.be/5Uxnr2y7FUY

coolsciguy - 6-4-2022 at 03:33 PM

Beautiful collection, Edward!

Do you keep them all is tune all the time? How often do you get to play with each?

Edward6311 - 6-4-2022 at 04:24 PM

Thank you,

I usually only keep 2 or 3 tuned to eliminate constant tension. I recently put new sets of strings on them all so currently they are all tuned. Each sounds beautiful but different. I love playing them all one after another to experience there different sound characteristics. My Faruk Turunz Oud is one of his Arabic Ouds but I think it still sounds more like a Turkish Oud. My Nazih Ghadban Oud definitely has deepest Arabic sound. The rest lye somewhere in between. I will be traveling back to Syria this August. It will be hard not to bring back more. Collecting Ouds and learning and practicing playing is my passion. There are a few people in my Syrian/Lebanese community here in Portland who also play Oud. I often invite them over to also enjoy the collection:airguitar:

Edward