Mike's Oud Forums

me on the 3ood

SAGR QURAISH - 4-12-2005 at 07:23 PM

hey all ... this is me immitating farid alatrache with a mix of 3abady aljohar.. nothin compared to them of coarse but hopefully i will get there one day enjoy

SAGR QURAISH - 4-12-2005 at 07:26 PM

i would like to thank mike for this beautiful website and also for compressing all of my tagseems :D thanks....:xtreme:

SamirCanada - 4-12-2005 at 07:50 PM

my god...
that was impressive... Bravo
can you tell me what maqam that taqsim is in?...

SAGR QURAISH - 4-12-2005 at 08:57 PM

well thank you, but heres the thing i am self taught and i have no clue what maqams i am playing but sounds gr8.

habeebkum - 4-13-2005 at 02:30 AM

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:
ur getting nothing but applause from me sagr!!!!! taht was fantastic!!!am sure the more u play that the smoother it will become. but u had some moments when u sounded just like farid! and those chords......man...how did u learn these things?!!!! how long have u been playing?
masha allah!!keep it up my friend.:xtreme:hopefully one day i'll be half as good as u!

Monawar Al-Jabar - 4-13-2005 at 04:17 AM

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

This is great Any more .

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

oudplayer - 4-13-2005 at 05:56 AM

hey all sgar
wow that was amazing pklezz plezz post more how lone u playing for.keep up the good work.
thx sammy

SAGR QURAISH - 4-13-2005 at 05:01 PM

wooow.. thasnk you guys u r really boosting my confidence...well ive been playing since i was 17 and im 21 so about 4 yrs.. yes i have more and i will be posting them soon. thank you all for ur wondeerrful replies..habeeeebkum.. all the chords i learned were all from experiments:) and playing all the time.

san3any - 4-13-2005 at 07:09 PM

Masha2allah , Tabarak allah.........

That was great man.....GOOD JOB, you improved alot since last time we met.... you are doing great.... I really liked it...

I hope i will post some of my stuff soon ;)

LudwigVan - 4-13-2005 at 09:07 PM

Hey that's impressive! I caught the flamenco lick at the end. All your chords are in tune too. (I wish I could pick that fast and clean.)

The maqam? Sounded like Nahawand transposed to jaharkah (F), but I don't know exactly how you tuned.

SAGR QURAISH - 4-13-2005 at 11:04 PM

my 3ood is tuned the same way as 3abady in his espanya video clip