Mike's Oud Forums

Abadi el Johar (Oud Festival in Oman files added)

Pages:  1  2    4

Zulkarnain - 1-29-2004 at 08:10 AM

Hi

That is so kind of you to help me with the list, I will try to get as much as I can on all records available-I hope more list to come my friend! I remember while in London last December somewhere along Edgware Rd. a shop called Falcon, they sell countless of Abadi records with almost all of it with his picture infront of the cover-I regret only end up buying just one of his record that day (Jalsat 98) recomended by the shop owner. :(

Regards

Zulkarnain - 2-4-2004 at 07:15 PM

Hey what happen to Abadi fans here??? Cmon guys dont close this topic yet-we need more stuff from Abadi here!:bounce:

Bring all the clips, video, interview etc....

Abadi Rulez!!!

Regards

Zul

Yazoal2K - 2-5-2004 at 05:36 PM

ok Zulkarnin
here is one for you man
enjoy
Khalid

Yazoal2K - 2-5-2004 at 05:38 PM

ok how about this

TruePharaoh21 - 2-5-2004 at 05:39 PM

Jaber, I don't think that last one attached. The abadee59 is an awesome clip, though. Thanks bro.

TP21

Yazoal2K - 2-5-2004 at 05:41 PM

ok here is a mix for Abadi

Yazoal2K - 2-5-2004 at 05:42 PM

hey I have more but the files are big I will e-mail em to you Zulkarnin

whre can I find his cd's or dvds

Rufi - 2-5-2004 at 11:19 PM

I can't belive how great this guy is!!
I am completely blown away!
my jaw is on the floor.
how can I get his cd's ?
thank you for the clips
wow

Yazoal2K - 2-6-2004 at 01:58 PM

I am glad you liked it Rufi
by the way Mike I needed to post a mix but the file is kindda large, but maybe if we can post it for limited time
any way here is another Abadi singing Nizar Qabani's words

Yazoal2K - 2-6-2004 at 02:05 PM

here is an interview with Abadi, and she begins asking him that Abadi is famous for his oud skills and that even some call him the king of oud, but he says I am just a good player, but fans because of their love they throw titles that are too big. So Abadi even though he's great player yet he is very modest about it, he concluded by playing Qaloo Tara

Mike - 2-6-2004 at 04:18 PM

Hi Khalid,

Anytime you have a big file my man, just go ahead and email it to me. I will be more than happy to either compress it or upload it for a period of time. Actually, the hosting company that hosts the site upgraded it's shared hosting packages. Now we have much MORE THAN ENOUGH usage space than I could ever use. :applause:

Take care,
Mike

P.S. Khalid and elrabee3....thanks for an OUTSTANDING thread. This is probably the thread of the forums! :)

Zulkarnain - 2-6-2004 at 11:47 PM

Yazoal,

Great stuff there dude!! We didnt get the interview part though... u can email it to me if you dont mind-thanks! :bowdown:

Salam

Zul

Yazoal2K - 2-7-2004 at 05:14 AM

Hey Mike
did u get the e-mail I sent you, please let me know, Zulkarnin I will send you that interview
Khalid

Mike - 2-7-2004 at 08:00 AM

Yes Khalid, I got it, but haven't had a chance to compress yet. Look for it shortly.

Mike

============================

Okay guys, here is the file Khalid sent me to share with you all.

Thanks Khalid,
Mike

elrabee3 - 2-7-2004 at 08:00 PM

thabks khalid for keeping this thread alive.

ok guys, i have a little surprise for u.
before two weeks, there was an interview with abadi in one of the radio station, and during that interview, abadi played a taqasseem from his CD of taqaseem oud (not released yet).
here is the file :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Mike - 2-7-2004 at 08:48 PM

Hi Jaber,

Wow, that is GREAT news! Please let us know when this CD is released. Thanks for the file, and I can't wait to buy that CD.

Thanks,
Mike

Zulkarnain - 2-7-2004 at 09:58 PM

Hi!

Let us know if you got any more details about Abadi current CD! This is a must collection of Abadi FANS!!

Abadi RULEZ!

Salam

Zul

Yazoal2K - 2-8-2004 at 05:52 AM

Allah Allah ya Jaber
Thanks alot for the nice clip, and as usual you always bring us the latest of Abadi, keep em coming, please let me know too when the CD is out
peace
Khalid

elrabee3 - 2-8-2004 at 02:41 PM

thanks everybody, i m really glad that u all like abadi oud playing. becuse i know that abadi is known as a great oud player, but only in the gulf countries and some people in egypt. but now, i m proud to see all these people from around the world appreciate abadi's work.
on behalf of all abadi fans, thank u.

ok, here are more files from that interview.
-here is a new song from his new album (well be released soon as Jalsah tarab)
-his famous and old song, ma3ad hobjay, on oud

as u an see, these file from abadi-el-johar forum, most of the files i am posting from that forum. i find it easier for me to post files are already availbe online, instead of searching in my tapes colection to find the songs and record them. but soon i will try to post some rare recordings that i have, which are not availbe on the net.

Yazoal2K - 2-8-2004 at 07:34 PM

here is a song that Mike helped compress for me thanks alot mike
Khalid

Zulkarnain - 2-9-2004 at 08:01 AM

Hi Guys

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Yazoal2k n Elrabee n also other members for posting those great great files from Abadi el Johar in this forum-thanks for helping us learning the tarab!!

Thanks again!

Zulkarnain Yusof

Yazoal2K - 2-10-2004 at 07:16 PM

ok guys this is one amazing Taqaseem some of you may have heared it, but in this one there about 10 extra seconds that I haven't heared before
enjoy
Khalid

Abadi's web page

Yazoal2K - 2-13-2004 at 07:26 AM

hey every one, thanks to El Rabee3 I was able to link through one of his posting into a web page about Abadi that I wasn't aware of, but, it's only in Arabic, but if you guys want you may want to check out, maybe you will link to a song or a Taqaseem, also I think Zulkarnin, TP and Mike you gonna like the intro page with the taqaseem mix of abadi, I suggest we do the same thing for Mike's oud site

http://www.3abadiyat.net/

Khalid

Zulkarnain - 2-13-2004 at 07:37 AM

Dude...I check out the site-SUPERB!! but i dont have a clue what its all about..help me out!!! the intro is nice too...let me know MORE about the site dude!!

Much appreciate!

Salam

Yazoal2K - 2-13-2004 at 09:58 AM

Hey Zul
Ok the site has some of Abadi's work but it's not yet complete, it also has updates on his latest news and interviews, but there is a forum link that is also in arabic, and I wrote them in English and they replied back to me in English, so they cool you just have to click on the one column before last on the right to get to the formum, then from there click on the first or second link, I hope this works for you if not let me know and I will send you an e-mail how to contact them
good luck
Khalid

Another Taqaseem Farid by Abadi

Yazoal2K - 2-14-2004 at 02:54 PM

I got this clip of Taqaseem el rabee3 for Farid from Abadi's forum, the story behind this Jalsa there was guy who gave abadi his oud to tone and teach him, also you will hear him say that in the begining and Abadi rocked his oud,

Jameel - 2-14-2004 at 04:53 PM

Where's the file? That's great that you can find these files for us who cannot read Arabic. Thanks!!

Yazoal2K - 2-15-2004 at 09:21 AM

sorry guys but the file seems to be long, I will try to post the link itself soon, and all you guys got to do is right click and save

Yazoal2K - 2-15-2004 at 09:26 AM

here is the link guys right click then save
enjoy the playing of the Octopus of oud

http://www.geocities.com/aljubail2000/tqaseem.ra

elrabee3 - 2-17-2004 at 11:06 AM

check the taqaseem in these two songs (from a concert from 1980's)
-first song
-second song (I LOVE THIS SONG)

ABADI, you are the current KING :bowdown::bowdown:

Zulkarnain - 2-17-2004 at 07:34 PM

Classics stuff from Abadi really ROCK!!Keep em more coming!!:bounce:

Thanks!!
:bowdown:

Yazoal2K - 2-17-2004 at 10:17 PM

jat Tawdi3ni wa galat
I remeber I heared that song ya El Rabee3, is it Abadi's song or Talal
thanks alot bro fot the clips

elrabee3 - 2-18-2004 at 05:59 AM

khalid, Jet tewadeni is abadi's song and composed also by Abadi

elrabee3 - 2-19-2004 at 05:26 AM

:xtreme::xtreme::xtreme:
Esa`al Roohak

TruePharaoh21 - 2-19-2004 at 10:30 AM

THAT'S AMAZING! I was just listening to Es'al Rohak and I decided to check the forum... and in the middle of the song, I saw this posting for Abadi playing it. The guys got mad skills. This is a great clip. I do recommend everyone to go listen to the oud player in the real song as well, he's awesome too.

TP21

another Farid by Abadi

Yazoal2K - 2-21-2004 at 10:23 PM

hello everyone
just wanted to share with this nice Taqaseem, some of you may have heared it before, unfortunatly it's not complete
any way enjoy
Khalid

Zulkarnain - 2-23-2004 at 08:05 AM

Hi Guys!

Yazoal, the taqaseem is awesome-true farido style!! You know anybody have the complete version?

Thanks

Salam

elrabee3 - 2-23-2004 at 03:36 PM

TP21, i am glad that u liked "Esa`al Roohak". Abadi did a great job in that song, not only playing, but also singing.

here is another Om kolthoom songs, which i like too much, also by abadi, and as usual, great oud playing.
Ana Fe Entezarak

Zulkarnain - 2-26-2004 at 05:31 AM

Hi

I cant stream or download the file? Can anybody post it again-thanks

Salam

Ansaf El Helol Jalsa

Yazoal2K - 2-26-2004 at 04:03 PM

hey everyone enjoy one of Abadi's greatest songs
click on the link
http://users.anytimenow.com/looz_1/an9af.ram

Yazoal2K - 2-26-2004 at 04:05 PM

ZulKarinin
try this link, perhaps you should right click and save it
http://users.anytimenow.com/looz_1/fe_entezarak.mp3

ya3nini 3al Sabr

Yazoal2K - 2-27-2004 at 02:53 PM

check this song out, Abadi's as usual is amazing, oh FYI Abadi is now 50 years old, but Mashallah he's in a good shape, and hope to see him playing the oud for another 50, also I learned from Abadi's forum, that Abadi playes alot of other musical instrumernt besides the oud, but he doesn't play the nay

Zulkarnain - 3-2-2004 at 06:57 AM

Hi

Can you try post it again bro?

Thanks

Zulkarnain - 3-5-2004 at 07:42 AM

Salam!

El Rabee & Yazoal, where are you when we need you guys the most!! hehehe C'mon guys lets keep Abadi clips rock this Forum!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Zulkarnain

elrabee3 - 3-5-2004 at 02:28 PM

here is one of my fav songs of Abadi.
Ghareeb.

New CD

David Parfitt - 3-12-2004 at 08:11 AM

Hi Jaber

Any news on the Abadi taqaseem CD yet?

Best wishes

David

Yazoal2K - 3-16-2004 at 10:16 PM

Enjoy

elrabee3 - 3-17-2004 at 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David Parfitt
Hi Jaber

Any news on the Abadi taqaseem CD yet?

Best wishes

David

my firnd, abadi is recording his new album, which will be songs on oud. and after that he will relase the album with songs on music (latrer this year). and mybe the oud CD will be this year.

i hope abadi become active this time, and dely this album.

Ronny Andersson - 3-19-2004 at 01:28 PM

I saw that Abadi on one of the video plays with the fingers on a flamenco theme. I wonder about this style of playing origin. Bashir played with the fingers on the same theme and also alternated risha/fingers on his Al Hamra composition (and also many other). Does Abadi use other finger styles like bourdon as Bashir did?

elrabee3 - 3-19-2004 at 02:20 PM

Ronny, Abadi started to play this style on the 1970's. at that time he was playing oud and gitar, and he was confused when he was trying to play oud after playing the gitar, so he decided to play on oud what he used to play on gitar.

Adel - 3-19-2004 at 02:26 PM

Abadi will paly anything, he is a musician with guts
salamat,
Adel

sydney - 3-19-2004 at 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Adel
Abadi will paly anything, he is a musician with guts
salamat,
Adel

and you got the guts to say that. :D

Adel - 3-19-2004 at 04:26 PM

I do not think you understand what music is all about?
Is Anouar Brahem better musician than abadi No, is Abadi is better musician than simon , No Is any of these artist are better than the other? no, The all are GReat artist...
with different approach...
But some people do understand what I am talking about...
SALAMAT?
ADEL

Adel - 3-19-2004 at 04:40 PM

pLEASE PLEASE I DO NOT WISH TO TALK OR DISCUSS THIS AS most artist you talk about are my friends including Abdai...
Many thanks for your understanding...
Best of luck to all of you.
Salamat,
Adel

Zulkarnain - 3-19-2004 at 05:36 PM

Ronny got guts too....right Ronny?? You my man! :D

Oud Greatless Fans
***hows the risha going on now bro?:bounce:

Ronny Andersson - 3-19-2004 at 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Zulkarnain
Ronny got guts too....right Ronny?? You my man! :D

Oud Greatless Fans
***hows the risha going on now bro?:bounce:

They are still on the cow...

Zulkarnain - 3-20-2004 at 12:22 AM

Hi Ronny :wavey:

What type of breed is that Cow you mentioned? If its the same that we have here maybe I can rip those horn off and try to make my own horn risha-what do u think? :D

Thanks my friend!

Oud Greatless Fans

Ronny Andersson - 3-20-2004 at 12:39 AM

Zul, the risha need only the final polishing.
I know that I've kept you waiting but I'm a busy man and it's not a very amusing work...I'm regretting everytime why I'm making horn risha...

Zulkarnain - 3-20-2004 at 01:32 AM

Hi

No way man...dont quit on me now ok..where can I find a fine horn risha like the one u made?? No preasure ok..I still got another 1 incase anything happen to the one Im using now.

Salam

Ronny Andersson - 3-20-2004 at 12:15 PM

>No way man...dont quit on me now >ok..where can I find a fine horn risha like >the one u made??

Probably at very few places, I 've been making horn risha since I was 15. I have never bought a risha or played with plastic only tried. Don't worry the risha are comming.

Ronny Andersson - 3-20-2004 at 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by elrabee3
Ronny, Abadi started to play this style on the 1970's. at that time he was playing oud and gitar, and he was confused when he was trying to play oud after playing the gitar, so he decided to play on oud what he used to play on gitar.

Many thanks Jaber for the inf.

horn rishas

jeanluc - 3-21-2004 at 12:21 PM

hi Zul,

i'm sure ronny's rishas are great,
just to say that
i guess you might have noticed that i have horn rishas, and they're no more on the cow. you can get them right now!
it's up to you...

Ronny Andersson - 3-21-2004 at 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jeanluc
hi Zul,

i'm sure ronny's rishas are great,
just to say that
i guess you might have noticed that i have horn rishas, and they're no more on the cow. you can get them right now!
it's up to you...

Peux-je t'envoyer le payement de Zul aussi?

Zulkarnain - 3-21-2004 at 07:17 PM

Hi

"Peux-je t'envoyer le payement de Zul aussi?"

Ronny I reply to that ok..I think its a french...right? Nevermind...even though i dont have a clue what is the meaning of that sentence :D .... err Merci Boucou! Hows it?? cool?

Greatless Frenchman Fans

rishas

jeanluc - 3-21-2004 at 10:32 PM

Hi Ronny
Salut Ronny, & others,

yes you can:))

Zulkarnain - 3-22-2004 at 03:21 AM

Hi

Jean...check out your U2U msg box ok..

Regards

Lessah Fakir by Abadi

Yazoal2K - 3-28-2004 at 07:13 AM

greetings all, attched is Abadi playing Lessah Fakir on the oud,
enjoy
Khalid

Mike - 3-29-2004 at 07:33 AM

Hey Khalid,

The zip folder didn't open for me. Did this happen to anybody else?

Mike

Zulkarnain - 3-29-2004 at 10:02 AM

Hi

Yes...me too!

:)

Yazoal2K - 3-29-2004 at 03:07 PM

sorry try this

Yazoal2K - 3-29-2004 at 03:28 PM

ok guys I got this clip, and it's from one of Abadi's concerts, the introducrer described Abadi as "the poet of the oud", and "the Devil of composing", the song begins with Taqaseem that made the fans dizzy, so enjoy Abadi and his oud

Yazoal2K - 3-29-2004 at 03:30 PM

Mike's there is another file with the amazing Taqaseem but it's too big, so I wonder if I can e-mail and you post it, this Taqaseem made the fans go crazy, so did I, let me know and I will e-mail it
peace
Khalid

Yazoal2K - 3-29-2004 at 03:31 PM

opps I tried again, it's the same Taqaeem I was speaking about earlier

Zulkarnain - 3-29-2004 at 05:13 PM

Yazoal...great one dude! I miss stuff from Abadi.. Cant wait to hear his latest work!

Salam

Mike - 3-29-2004 at 07:04 PM

Another great file from Khalid. Thanks man! :airguitar:

elrabee3 - 3-30-2004 at 10:02 AM

[url=http://www.6lal.com/major/3-beth.mp3]khalid, here is the file u r talking about
[/url]

and here is another GREAT taqaseem by abadi, Farido's taqaseem then "kelma walow jabr khater"

Mike - 3-30-2004 at 02:38 PM

Nice job Jaber. It looks like my last post didn't attach the file correctly. But that is the file that Khalid sent me. Thanks also for the link for the Farido style taqsim too. Excellent.

Take care guys,
Mike

elrabee3 - 3-30-2004 at 02:41 PM

BTW, those two recordings from early/mid 1980's

Yazoal2K - 3-30-2004 at 06:09 PM

thanks El Rabee3, that is exactly what I was talking about
Khalid

Zulkarnain - 3-30-2004 at 07:05 PM

:applause:

Abadi plays and sings on the electric oud

Yazoal2K - 4-16-2004 at 02:54 PM

Greetings all, I came across this song for Abadi on Abadi's Forum(Yaghazal) the song is Mali fel Tayeb, and Abadi plays the electric oud in it
here is the link, or right click and save

http://www.yalail.com/na/modules.ph...op=getit&lid=45

Enjoy,
Khalid

More and more Abadi to Abadi's Fans

Yazoal2K - 4-19-2004 at 03:22 PM

Wazzup Oud players and listners, and all of those who enjoy the Tarab, I got you guys some more songs, I hope you guys like it, this first one is one of my favorite, called Ahtragt Al Shoug, the oud work is amazing, and Abadi confused the heck out of the oud itself, lol, look for that at mintues 2:08, 3:40, 5:14
enjoy

the Second one

Yazoal2K - 4-19-2004 at 03:24 PM

Ok Ok this one is just amazing, it has the full Arabic Takht with the Qanoon in there, but you have to listen to Abadi playing the oud in between, you won't understand unless you hear the whole songs, specailly minutes 5:32-6:03, I mean this guy just confused the oud, the band, and me
:D
enjoy
Khalid

the 3rd

Yazoal2K - 4-19-2004 at 03:25 PM

this is a very popular song, sang by many singer, in the Guf, called Shwaikh min Ard Miknas, but when Abadi sings and plays the oud it has a nice Tarab style
Enjoy

I am getting Tired,

Yazoal2K - 4-19-2004 at 03:27 PM

Ok, this one has a Mawal for those of you who enjoy the Shisha, just smoke your Shisha, and listen to this Mawal followed by the song

ok the last one of the Series

Yazoal2K - 4-19-2004 at 03:29 PM

this is the last song on my posting for Today more to come soon, enjoy this nice Song on Abadi's voice and oud alone,

mavrothis - 4-19-2004 at 03:38 PM

Thanks my friend, these are really great as always. Now get some rest man!

Take care,

mav

Zulkarnain - 4-19-2004 at 06:16 PM

:applause:

Regards

i am back

elrabee3 - 4-23-2004 at 01:25 PM

Habaytak fe el saaif

elrabee3 - 4-24-2004 at 03:18 PM

what about this taqaseem ??? :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

elrabee3 - 4-28-2004 at 01:57 PM

guys, what u think about the last 2 files i posted ???

Yazoal2K - 4-30-2004 at 03:17 PM

great files El Rabee3, here is a song for all the members of the forum, it's Abdulhaleem's Zay El Hawa by Abadi

Khalid

Zulkarnain - 4-30-2004 at 06:01 PM

Another Farid(El Rabee3) Taqaseem by Abadi

Yazoal2K - 5-1-2004 at 05:54 AM

Greetings every one
Here is a clip of El Rabee3, so far we heared abour 4 or 5 different versions and styles, this is El Rabee3, the legendery song of Farid El Atrache, which all the famous oud players have to pass to become good oud players, Abadi playes it here, but added his style Abadi's style of playing the magnificant El Rabee3
Enjoy
Khalid

Yazoal2K - 5-1-2004 at 05:56 AM

ok try right click and save to hear al Rabee3

Yazoal2K - 5-1-2004 at 06:00 AM

sorry here is the link:D
p.s. check out at minute 7 how abadi changed a little bit on the Astorias
http://uk.geocities.com/abadiyat20032003/ALRBEE3.MP3

right click and save

Abadi and Amar Al Sheri

Yazoal2K - 5-3-2004 at 01:52 PM

Dear All. the next two files are from the meeting between Mr Amar Al Shariee the famous egyptian composer with Abadi, and among the conversetion Abadi was asked to compose something, which he did, and then later in another interview, he had the whole peice, I think from UAE FM meeting, at which he played the whole peice, and we posted that file, any way, mr Al Sharie in the 2nd part of Taqaseem asked abadi about the fact that Abadi refuses to play a sixth string, but manages to get the same tone with 5 strings, even other Oud players and composer like El Shariee can't do with no 6th string, and Abadi was very humble and he said to MR Al Shariee, no you are a master, also he asked Abadi to repeat for the viewrs how he played that tone , so pay attention :), it's one of the few times abadi playes slow so we can all learn
Enjoy

Yazoal2K - 5-3-2004 at 01:53 PM

here is the second part

Yazoal2K

sydney - 5-3-2004 at 02:54 PM

:wavey::applause:

Good on you mate.. that was great of you to share.

Thanks heaps.

Emad from sydney

the oud is crying

elrabee3 - 5-11-2004 at 01:47 PM

guys, listen to this file, and tell me, is it me or the oud is crying ??
listen carefully how abadi is singing and his oud is replying to him, it like abadi singing to his oud.

i'v never heard any oud player playing oud with this feeling.
ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

thank u maike for helping me posting this file :wavey:

Pages:  1  2    4