Mike's Oud Forums

Abadi el Johar (Oud Festival in Oman files added)

Pages:  1    3  4

mavrothis - 5-11-2004 at 05:15 PM

Wow, thanks again guys, for all the files. He really can make the oud cry. It's not hard to see why he has so many devoted fans.

:applause:

mav

elrabee3 - 5-21-2004 at 02:10 PM

here is another taqaseem from the early 1980's. i like this taqaseem, it has alot of tarab in it.

Zulkarnain - 5-21-2004 at 05:38 PM

Elrabee

Definately loads of Tarab style takasim going on there! Luv it man-very inspiring too!

Salam

i am back.. AGAIN

elrabee3 - 7-12-2004 at 08:27 AM

hi everybody, i have two nice gifts for all of u.

these two files posted before few days by our dear friend Khalid :wavey: , but just the audio. here is the same files but VIDEO :D

Abadi playing Fayrooz song "Waynon" VIDEO

and here is Abadi playing an amazing taqaseem, is there anybody here dont like this one ?? this is my fav type of taqaseem, slow, full of tarab and passion. perfect for relaxing after long day at work.

God bless u Abadi for those golden fingers that transfer these emotions and feelings into great tones.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Jameel - 7-12-2004 at 12:14 PM

Jaber,

Thanks. Excellent Taqasim. My favorite too. Really great. Keep em coming.

mavrothis - 7-12-2004 at 01:02 PM

Thanks so much, these videos are great. I love his playing...his playing is so sweet...

Thanks again!

mavros

elrabee3 - 7-12-2004 at 01:52 PM

thanks Jameel and mavrothis. i am glad that u liked these fiels. it is great watchinf abadi playing oud, u can see how the oud become part of abadi, and his emotions on his face, this guy has incredible feelings.. we are lucky thta he express his these feelings on his oud.

elrabee3 - 7-12-2004 at 01:56 PM

do u want another video file..check this one... ya eyni aleek ya abadi :xtreme:

mavrothis - 7-12-2004 at 02:11 PM

Thanks so much Jaber, this is great!

You're so right, his playing is the best combination of emotion and technique...

Thank you,

mav

Mike - 7-12-2004 at 05:38 PM

Hey Jaber,

These videos are really cool my friend. Abadi is so smooth. I really love his style a lot. Hopefully next time I go to Egypt, I will be lucky enough to meet him.

Thanks again man,
Mike

Jameel - 7-12-2004 at 07:26 PM

Jaber,

Again. Fantastic. These are great.

I want to comment on some technique I observed in Abadi's playing. From the great camera angle showing both of his hands (looking directly down the fingerboard) I observed something that is difficult see from a frontal view: the movements of Abadi's right hand are very small. I want to reiterate that when a had lesson with Simon Shaheen earlier this year this is something he greatly emphasized. He said that when people ask him about how he achieves such great projection on the oud it is due to small movements. He also mentioned how important this was to accuracy in playing quickly as well. These small movements have helped my technique immensely and I wanted to share this observation especially with beginners since I most of the time use excessivey large movements with the right hand. You can see this particularly in the beginning of this latest video.

elrabee3 - 7-14-2004 at 12:00 PM

Jameel, what u mentioned about Abadi is somthing i noticed long time ago, and i thought it is only how he is playying oud, but i noticed that in his concerts, his hand is moving more, unlike in the interviews when he is playing slower. but even in concerts, u can notice the same things u mentioned. nice to hear from an oud expert like you about this technique. thank u Jameel

video clips

Rufi - 7-14-2004 at 06:19 PM

what kind of files are these video files. I open them only to see a bunch of writing? Please help!!!

thank you

Zulkarnain - 7-14-2004 at 07:27 PM

same here also

elrabee3 - 7-15-2004 at 01:15 PM

Zulkarnain-Rufi, try to open these files on Windows Media Player (or try yo update ur media player)

elrabee3 - 7-15-2004 at 03:31 PM

here are two more taqseem
-this one from mid 90's (short video)
-and this one is new, from his last concert in Jeddah

Zulkarnain - 7-15-2004 at 05:53 PM

Hi Jabeer

Thanks for the awesome files man! When i download those files it straight way save under text file....any idea?

Salam

Yazoal2K - 7-15-2004 at 06:15 PM

Jaber thanks alot for the files, btw did u get these from Abadiyat forum!!
Long lives Abadi
I heared abadi in the interview saying he may consider retiring in 2 years, I hope this is not true, cause Abadi is a treasure, and I know it sounds selfish, but we need him there for the oud he plays bring joy to all of us who love Tarab!
Khalid

Yazoal2K - 7-15-2004 at 06:25 PM

Hi all this is another Taqaseem from 2002, but the recording is a bit poor any way enjoy
Khalid

elrabee3 - 8-6-2004 at 01:51 PM

this taqaseem was posted before, but not the full versiom
here is abadi playing fayrooz song "a`teni elnay" followed by Farido songs Awal Hamsa then Ydala3 until some of the audince ruin everything :rolleyes:

9 minutes of outstanding oud playing by Abadi

SAGR QURAISH - 8-10-2004 at 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by elrabee3
thanks guys, and i agree with u
to be honest with u, i like the tarab taqaseem of abadi more than the Spanish taqaseem. do u know that even abadi said tha many tmes he prefer to play the tarab taqaseem more, but he is alwys playing the spanish taqaseem becuse the audince like it and they want to hear it all the time.

i have more files (mike know about them :D ), but lets post these files from time to time :D

YA ELRABEE3..I USED TO HAVE THE CLIP ELESPANIYA.BUT I REBOOTED MY PC AND LOST IT FOR EVER IF U HAVE A COPY CAN EMAIL IT TO ME BECAUSE THEY TOOK IT OFF 25Q8.COM...AIIEYZZ0NME@AOL.COM THATS ZERO B4 NME@AOL.COM

SAGR QURAISH - 8-10-2004 at 03:40 AM

Quote:
another taqaseem

MASHALLAH ...ABADY IS MY FAVORITE 3OOD PLAYER OF ALL TIME.HIS MY # 1 OUD PLAYER

SAGR QURAISH - 8-10-2004 at 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TruePharaoh21
Happy New years, everyone!

In response to your Galo Tara request, I hope this is the right one.

Click here to stream Galo tara with RealPlayer

Click here to download Galo Tara

TP21

YA ALLAH .MA 3OMRY DARAIT INOO THIS EXSITED.U KNOW THE BACK GROUND WHERE IT SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE THAT HIS PLAYIN AT THE SAME TIME.SOME ONE TOLD ME THAT ABADY'S BROTHER VERIFIED TO HIM THAT IT WAS TOO DIFFRENT RECORDINGS.I WAS SUSPECIOUS BUT I WOULDNT NOT BELIVE IT. NOW I KNOW FOR A FACT.THANK YOU KATHEEER ALSHUKUR

SAGR QURAISH - 8-10-2004 at 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Yazoal2K
ok Zul
that video is the only one availbe online, but there many many sound clips of Abadi's Taqaseem, but u said you wanted video, the only other videos of him playing the oud that I have is 2 spanish and about 5 songs on the oud, so let me know, but I have many taqaseem on real player
Khalid [/quote

YAZOUL PLEASE SEND ALL THAT U HAVE OF ABADY..VIDEO AND MP3..TO AIIEYZZ0NME@AOL.COM THATS A ZERO B4 NME@AOL...COULDNT GET THE LETTER O SO I USED ZERO...TISLAM WO MA TGA9IR

elrabee3 - 8-18-2004 at 07:25 AM

SAGR QURAISH, thanks for contribution in this forum.
1st of all, i have a small request, can u plz type with caps off, it is very annoying.
2nd of all, well, i dont think anybody who love the oud cant admire abadi's talent. IMO,, he is the bet oud player after the Great Farid.
reagarding the "Galo Tara", well, i just found out the file that was post it here is not played by Abadi, but by a kwaiti guy, he is GOOOOOOD. but in the original song, abadi did amazing job in galo tara, and my firend, it is one recording, belive me, abadi doesnt need to mix two recordign, i have a song for him called "ana ahabek" from special jalsa, and u wont belive how fast he was playing.

regarding the taqaseem, i will try my best to post the whatever i can find in this thread (and as u see, i already did), i have huge collection of abadi tapes (and videos), but i m too lazy to record them to my PC, so i post the taqaseem that i find in Abadi's forum. but i have many great ones and i promise to record them, and they will be posted here (soon)

3ABADY

SAGR QURAISH - 8-18-2004 at 11:17 AM

oh sorry 3ala al caps. but yeah inshallah ana atraya mink aghany wo taqaseem wo video's inshallah. thanks for your reply. 7ata ana i have a tape jalasa 5a9a. feeha d5oon, 3a6shaan, kilma wa lao jabr 5a6er. inshallah as soon as i get a mic.i will post them here for everyone to hear . shukran

Guess who is back

elrabee3 - 12-2-2004 at 04:36 PM

:D yes, it is me.
looooooooooooooong time, i know, but i was very very busy. and no best way to post here again other than posting another taqaseem by THE GREAT abadi.

the members at abadi forum are doing incredible job, and i just want to share this file with all of u (mike will like it, i am sure about this, same for khalid :D )

check this video file and tell me, is it me or abadi hand is a MACHINE :xtreme: :xtreme: :xtreme: (mashallah)
enjoy

oppps, i forgot, here is another file, it is abadi's famous song, Rahaal, abadi playing nice taqaseem before the song, also video file

Mike - 12-2-2004 at 04:47 PM

Welcome back Jaber!!! We missed you my friend. I'm glad that you are now available to be with us again man. I LOVED both videos, especially the taqsim before the "ra77al" song. It had a lot of Farido flavor to it.

Welcome back bud,
Mike

elrabee3 - 12-3-2004 at 08:14 AM

thanks mike, but dont expect me to post like before (until feb), cus i will be very busy, but i will try to post anything new i can find.

mavrothis - 12-3-2004 at 02:25 PM

Alla!!

These were really great Jaber! Thanks as always for sharing, what great inspiration!

Abadi and Shehata ouds, nice combination as always. :D

Take care,

mavrothis:applause:

more abadi

Yazoal2K - 12-12-2004 at 04:51 PM

Greetings all, I miss you guys alot but I was so buisey with work
Here is some of Abadi's Jalsat I hope you guys enjoy it

Yazoal2K - 12-12-2004 at 04:52 PM

another one
Khalid

Yazoal2K - 12-12-2004 at 04:54 PM

I don't know what happened

Yazoal2K - 12-12-2004 at 04:55 PM

http://www.3abadiyat.com/downloads/jalsat_q/yeban_alshog.wmv

Yazoal2K - 12-12-2004 at 04:56 PM

http://www.3abadiyat.com/downloads/jalsat_q/ya_shog.wmv

Yazoal2K - 12-12-2004 at 04:57 PM

http://www.3abadiyat.com/downloads/jalsat_q/elalam.wmv

oudplayer - 12-19-2004 at 06:40 AM

hi all
i just want to thx all the people that post this great vids and other songs by abadi el jahor he is my favorite oud player of i tile iw ould have to say. so thx again
sammy

oudplayer - 12-19-2004 at 06:57 AM

sorry and where can i buy some of his cds and how many did he put out.and is there anyway somebady can tell me like whwere he lives and what kind of oud he uses

Yazoal2K - 12-19-2004 at 08:18 PM

Hi Oudplayer where in NJ do you live, cause there is alot of arab store here in North Jersey where you can find Abadi's tape, if not let me know. Also you can buy them on the web

An Old Clip for Abadi

Yazoal2K - 12-19-2004 at 08:24 PM

I thought this will be intersting, this is Abadi at the begining, you can see he didn't even have a moustach then
http://www.abady-aljohr.com/nadeem/ya_ghazal+seraj/ya_ghazal.wmv

oudplayer - 12-20-2004 at 08:26 PM

hey thx i live in matawan nj i really dont go to paterson area. and does anyone know where to get qut or gat it like chewing tabaccco but beter my da misses it from yemen
thx sammy

elrabee3 - 1-28-2005 at 09:06 AM

he guys,

here is the taqaseem from the latest Abadi's concert (on wednesday 26 of Jan 2005)

the taqaseem

and two songs on oud :bowdown: :bowdown:
Ma`ad ho bejay
A`awadtni

these videos from abady-aljohar.com

oudplayer - 1-28-2005 at 10:37 AM

hey sup all man i love abadi he is my fav oud player of all time, does anyone kno whwere i can buy some cds.thx and a few more thngs is there any way to make ram files in to mp3 i looke dand ther eis no converters or if here is can u post mps more often thx alot .
thx sammy

elrabee3 - 1-29-2005 at 04:04 AM

some pictures from his latest concert, see how beautiful his oud

[img]http://www.dohasong.net/news/pic/24-1a%20(1).jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.dohasong.net/news/pic/24-1a%20(2).jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.dohasong.net/news/pic/24-1a%20(4).jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.dohasong.net/news/pic/24-1a%20(5).jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.dohasong.net/news/pic/24-1a%20(3).jpg[/img]

Zulkarnain - 1-29-2005 at 07:48 AM

The Oud was made by Fathi Amin for $4500

Salam

mavrothis - 1-29-2005 at 03:02 PM

Wow,

I love that oud! :D

Abadi is wonderful! :applause:

Thanks guys,

mav

khaled - 1-29-2005 at 03:07 PM

more

[img]http://www.dohasong.net/news/pic/26/26-1i%20(5).jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.dohasong.net/news/pic/26/26-1i%20(4).jpg[/img]

elrabee3 - 1-30-2005 at 10:33 AM

thanks alot khaled, that was one GREAT concert, i was staying till 4:30 am to see it LIVE. Abadi was in a good mood.

BTW, i just want to infor u that Abadi's Oud Album will be released soon. as i heard that he was recording some of the taqaseem for that album. :applause:

:)

Bin Ayoub - 1-30-2005 at 10:55 AM

Salam,
here is a taqseem from his unreleased album of oud hope you enjoy it its from UAE FM :)
Regards,
Shamlan Bin Ayoub

Bin Ayoub - 1-31-2005 at 12:53 PM

Downloaded 14 times and there is no comments. :rolleyes:

Mike - 3-1-2005 at 07:17 PM

Check out a new video on the Video Page. Thanks to Saad in Jordan for providing me with this video clip. I'm not sure, but the oud looks like a Farouk Shehata. What do you think Mavro? Kinda looks like the one you had.

Enjoy!

mavrothis - 3-1-2005 at 07:58 PM

Hey Mike,

Yeah, it's very similar to some Farouks we saw in Cairo. I think the very curvy pegbox makes it almost 99% a Farouk Shehata in my mind. The sound is really beautiful, and of course Abadi plays beautifully. I love his playing, and it's great that there are recordings of him on so many different instruments. It's like hearing different people speaking with the same point of view, just slightly different voices. :)

Take care,

mav

TruePharaoh21 - 3-1-2005 at 08:07 PM

Wow, I really liked this recording... 3:02-3:07... took a Farido part and just totally made it his own... such a cool technique there... the way he plays 3:20-3:22, there's so much feeling there. The 3 identical parts that follow it are good, but that first one from 3:20-3:22 takes the cake. 0:24-0:27 is another great part. 1:23 is awesome. There's amazing feeling in that second. 1:54-2:00... another favorite... 2:53-2:59... what a closing!

I really like it when he plays like this. Awesome, just purely awesome.

Interview with abadi

Bin Ayoub - 3-2-2005 at 01:36 AM

Those file are from abady iljohar forum.
first here are some pics about his collection of ouds

2nd pic

Bin Ayoub - 3-2-2005 at 01:38 AM

2nd pic

3rd pic

Bin Ayoub - 3-2-2005 at 01:38 AM

3rd pic

This is my mood

Bin Ayoub - 3-2-2005 at 01:46 AM

this one is my mood bayat and kurd :)

Another Video

Bin Ayoub - 3-2-2005 at 01:49 AM

its a music that he composed :) :xtreme:

His room of ouds ,trophy and awards :)

Bin Ayoub - 3-2-2005 at 01:52 AM

fabulous collection :buttrock:

-=-=-=-=-=-=> Abadi's Room <=-=-=-=-=-=-

btw the background taqsim is so touching

mavrothis - 3-2-2005 at 06:54 AM

Thanks Bin Ayoub! This is great stuff. It's so great that players like Abadi don't just give us great playing, but "remind" people about the oud and how beautiful it is. :)

Take care,

mav

Question

san3any - 3-2-2005 at 07:34 AM

Hi.....

I just have a question about the kind of oud abadi used on the latest vedio posted...... I mean...... is it a shehatah Oud.....or is it somthing else.

thank you

elrabee3 - 3-2-2005 at 09:51 AM

thanks alot mike and saad (btw, where are u saad, we all miss ur posts and taqaseem)

small correction, the file that u posted mike (send by saad) is from his concert from Can not Paris in 1994. he particpated in art music festival which took part in Can then Paris, and his oud playing in both concerts is OUTSTANDING (i m trying to find the tape which has these 2 concerts). anyway, abadi was nervoius in this concert, the reason is before he leaving to Can, he miised the flight for some reason, and when he reached Can, heknew that the plane that he supposed to take crashed, and he very nervoius that day, and he played the Spanish taqaseem for the first time in public concert.

Mike - 3-2-2005 at 10:26 AM

Hey guys,

I can't wait to get home. I haven't had a chance to take a look at the latest attachments by Bin Ayoub, but I'm sure they're going to be very cool. San3any, I'm not positive about the oud, but it looks like it could be a Farouk Shehata. It makes more sense now that Jaber pointed out this performance was awhile ago too. Thanks for the Ahmad Fathi taqsim too. It was very nice!

Take care,
Mike

TruePharaoh21 - 3-2-2005 at 02:37 PM

Hey guys. The Abadi_maq6oo3a.wmv sounds vaguely familiar. Did we have someone on this forum play it or something? I don't remember exactly, but it's just sounds very familiar...

Regardless, excellent files, man! You bring some great things with you. Keep them coming.

TP21

Mike - 3-2-2005 at 08:51 PM

Great files Bin Ayoub! I loved the video of his oud museum! :airguitar:

Here's another file that Saad sent me. Click here to download.

Take care,
Mike

spyros mesogeia - 3-2-2005 at 11:53 PM

Hello my friends,
What can we say about Abadi,he is a great Teacher for all of us......I like his style very much....
Best regards to all:wavey:

Spyros Koliavasilis

Jameel - 3-3-2005 at 05:13 AM

I remember during the Farid-al-Atrache.com days (long time ago in internet time!), before Mikeouds.com even, all we could get were some very poor quality clips of Abadi. I was enthralled with his Farido-esque playing back then, and due to the low quality I think it kind of enhanced the mystique of this then unknown-to-me oudist. Now we are watching videos of his playing, and listening to high quality MP3s. I think I would have quit playing oud long ago if it weren't for this site.:xtreme:

elrabee3 - 3-3-2005 at 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TruePharaoh21
Hey guys. The Abadi_maq6oo3a.wmv sounds vaguely familiar. Did we have someone on this forum play it or something? I don't remember exactly, but it's just sounds very familiar...

Regardless, excellent files, man! You bring some great things with you. Keep them coming.

TP21
that piece is one of the taqaseem abadi composed for his new Oud CD, he played it before in two interview, and i posted it before, thats why it sound fimiliar.

elrabee3 - 3-3-2005 at 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jameel
I remember during the Farid-al-Atrache.com days (long time ago in internet time!), before Mikeouds.com even, all we could get were some very poor quality clips of Abadi. I was enthralled with his Farido-esque playing back then, and due to the low quality I think it kind of enhanced the mystique of this then unknown-to-me oudist. Now we are watching videos of his playing, and listening to high quality MP3s. I think I would have quit playing oud long ago if it weren't for this site.:xtreme:
i remeber those day, i was talking about abadi, and many members there didt know waht i am talking about :D

elrabee3 - 5-20-2005 at 08:11 AM

guys, do u want to hear another great taqaseem of abadi,
well, check this one. IMO, it is one of the best abadi attempts to play Farid's taqaseem. this was recorded in 1977, when abadi was only 23 :bowdown:

i cant find any wrods to describe how amazing the playing is... just listen to it..

EDIT: the file posted above is from abady-aljohr.com forum.

mavrothis - 5-20-2005 at 09:42 AM

Simply beautiful!

:D

mavrothis

oudmaker - 5-20-2005 at 10:12 AM

JUST AMAZING!!!!
Dincer

elrabee3 - 5-20-2005 at 01:23 PM

guys, did u noticed the guy who is asking the audince to listen to the oud at the begining, Sama3 Sama3 , Sama3 :D

abadi played that taqaseem 3 years after farid passed away. i was hoping that Farid met abadi, and check his amazing talent, but abadi was so young and he wasnt known outside Suadi Arabia when farid was alive.

Jameel - 5-20-2005 at 01:56 PM

Wow. Best one by Abadi yet.

Mike - 5-20-2005 at 02:15 PM

What a way to start out the weekend. Nice surprise Jaber. Be sure to thank the guys over at Abadi's forum for us all. This is a great file.

Thanks again Jaber,
Mike

TruePharaoh21 - 5-20-2005 at 02:34 PM

Abadi is fantastic here. Thanks a lot for this file, man.

TP21

elrabee3 - 5-20-2005 at 11:21 PM

thanks guys, i m glad that u liked that file,,

here are two more files from the same recording, small taqaseem followed by songs,

the first one is a taqaseem based on farid's famous taqaseem of his song "Ish Anta", followed by abadi's first song, ya gazal.

the 2nd one is a famous song of abadi, what attracts my attention is abadi played at the begining the same way Farido playedthe oud in his song "la wa a`yneyek"

san3any - 5-21-2005 at 05:37 AM

Thanks rabeee3ooooo......Nice... :)

poyol - 9-7-2005 at 02:19 PM

[HI MIKE
----------------------------------------
is web is vere good ha ;)is web :applause:

poyol - 9-7-2005 at 02:24 PM

lok is oud is :airguitar:

poyol - 9-7-2005 at 02:30 PM

hi
lok is web http://www.maqam.org/history.htm

oudmad - 9-8-2005 at 02:53 PM

Quote:
another taqaseem

I'm a great admirer of Abaadi. Are his taqaaseems on CDs? Second the link takes u to the site but where is the video? I'm new and my Arabic is weak. Thanks. If anyone knows of an oud player in Miami, please let me know, Thanks.

oudmad - 9-17-2005 at 08:20 AM

Quote:
mmm, what can i say about Abadi ??
simply, he is my fav oud player after Farido.
like Farido, he is singer, composer and great oud player. he is a self-tough oudist, and he learned the oud at a young age (11)

well, i will post more info ans stories about him and the oud later, but for now, u can enjoy watching him playing oud

Can anyone do me a great favor and tell me if ANY of Abadi's taqaaseem are on ANY CD? So much of what he plays appears to be mainly for entertainment purposes. How sad that we may watching the passing of such a great artist without quality recordings of his art, like many other artists, including, al Qasabji and even Umm Kulthum. The great difference is that Abadi is still with us but sadly, no one seems to be taking advantage of modern technology to preserve his art for always.

Abadi

oudmad - 9-17-2005 at 08:27 AM

Please do me a great favor and let me know if ANY of Abbadi's taqaaseem are available on ANY CD (and where to get them). It is such a pity that such a great artist should be playing to an audience when little of his art is available for always. This seems so common among middle eastern artists. One has to go to great lengths just to hear old clips many of which are not of high quality recording, despite all the modern technology at our dispposal. We may be witnessing the passing of yet another great artist and later when he's gone, there is little to remember him by. I am talking about instrumental art and not singing. Thanks and regardless, whatever is posted here is greatly appreaciated; anything is better than nothing.

syrianoud - 9-17-2005 at 02:40 PM

Quote:
mmm, what can i say about Abadi ??
simply, he is my fav oud player after Farido.
like Farido, he is singer, composer and great oud player. he is a self-tough oudist, and he learned the oud at a young age (11)

well, i will post more info ans stories about him and the oud later, but for now, u can enjoy watching him playing oud

I finaly found all his songs at MAZIKA with the help of the Oudman and i was under the impression that it is only Taquaseem oud but one music and the rest is singing.Thanks to you Oudman. Best regards Samir ,California

elrabee3 - 9-23-2005 at 05:36 AM

recently, there was a special tribute show for abadi in Rotana Khalijya channel, and the members of abady-aljohr.com forum recorded it and here is one o part of the show that abadi is showing few of his ouds that he kept in his house (MUST SEE), check el-qasbji oud that abadi bought (the oud made in 1911, and i think it is Nahat oud)
abadi and his ouds

Mike - 9-23-2005 at 06:04 AM

Hi Jaber,

Thank you so much for this file. It was great. I loved checking out Abadi's music room. I noticed most of the ouds he talked about were made by Maurice. ;) Also, we saw how emotional he was when he spoke about the oud he has that was owned by Talal Al Maddah. What a cool guy. I hope to meet him next month when I go to Egypt. By the way, I am almost positive now that Usstaz Farouk Shehata made that oud. You can hear him playing this oud at this link: http://www.mikeouds.com/video/abadi_paris.ram

Thanks again for a great post,
Mike

elrabee3 - 9-23-2005 at 07:20 AM

thnaks mike for ur comments, did u notice el qasbji oud, he said he entred an auction to buy that oud. is it Nahat??

amfuente - 9-23-2005 at 11:19 AM

Thanks so much elrabee3 for the video. It is very exciting to get a glimpse into Abadi's music room. I do not speak Arabic, but inspiring, nonetheless. Can anyone provide translation - at least what he says about instruments?

Abadi's Paris oud

Sidi - 9-23-2005 at 12:12 PM

Hi everyone,

This has got to be one of the finest threads on the forum. Rabee3 you bring the goods once more bro, thanks a lot. Abadi is not only a great artist...he's a wonderful person, as you could see from the video.

Mike I hate to contradict you bro, but the oud Abadi kissed was a gift from Talal el Maddah. It is not the one Abadi plays in Paris. This gives me a chance to show you a great video of Abadi playing Adel Horouf on the Paris oud, which is indeed made by Maurice.

I wanted everyone to see the fine details, so I made a 21MB version of the video. Abadi plays this piece with a relaxed style and lot of soul. The download will remain active for 14 days starting today. If you need it again, please contact me.

You can grab the file here: Abadi Plays Adel Hourouf (6:28-21MB)

Enjoy,

Sidi:wavey:

Video Frame:

Sidi - 9-23-2005 at 12:34 PM

Mike - 9-23-2005 at 02:10 PM

Hi Sidi,

Mr. Observant is your new nickname! You are right my friend...they are different ouds. Mo told me today when I mentioned this video to him that the oud from Talal el Maddah was indeed sent to him by Talal's wife after he had passed away, and it was one of their ouds when his father was still alive. I still think the one in the video you uploaded (great video by the way) is from the days of Mo's dad as well. I dunno, maybe not.

Jaber...thanks again for the great video. As far as the Qasabji oud...i'm not sure. It could be a Nahat or even a Gamil Georges. I also heard from Adel that he used to love the ouds of Abdel Aziz el-Lacy as well. So it might be one of his ouds also. Maybe Sidi could find out for us. :-)

Take care guys,
Mike

Jameel - 9-23-2005 at 02:30 PM

Great videos, guys. How nice to be able to see videos with such high quality. It makes a huge difference. I'm always amazed at how subtle Abadi's right hand is---the movements are so minute. Nothing extra to achieve the sound he's after.

elrabee3 - 9-23-2005 at 04:13 PM

thanks alot Sidi for that AMAZING clip, abadi emotions when he is playing the oud is unbelivable, it is like the oud become part of his body and translate all of his emotions, his heart beating, his ideas to the beatiful tones.

Mike, as Sidi said, the oud that abadi used in Paris is not Talal oud. that oud abadi used in 1994 (most of his concerts and interviews at that year). BTW, the file that u are refering at is from his concert at Cann, not in Paris. that concert was few days before his Paris concert.

elrabee3 - 9-23-2005 at 04:22 PM

well, here is the whole show that i mentioned before, just to make u know Abadi the singer, the composer, the oud player and the human.

i would like to thank all the members at abady-aljohr.com for their contributions to make abadi's art popular.

SamirCanada - 9-24-2005 at 10:24 AM

WARNING ( the link above ) abady-aljohr.com

Just would like to warn you that clicking on that linking instaled a malware virus on my computer

elrabee3 - 9-24-2005 at 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SamirCanada
WARNING ( the link above ) abady-aljohr.com

Just would like to warn you that clicking on that linking instaled a malware virus on my computer

WHAT, i access that website almost everyday, and my PC is 100% clean, no viruses at all.

SamirCanada - 9-24-2005 at 11:47 AM

I dunno when I click it it installs a file named

moo.exe

do Alt Ctrl Del

then check the activities and see if you find a moo.exe aplication runing.
My antivirus detects it when I click on the link.
Let me know if you find something in your aplications runing.

Sidi - 9-24-2005 at 01:15 PM

Hey there,

I'm glad you folks like the clip. At 21MBs, I hope enough people managed to download it. But I think it's absolutely worth the wait, there is a lot to learn from it. The work Abadi does with his left hand is wonderful. Notice how much he makes out of each string. Jameel this is why his right arm's movements are so discreet here.

Mike bro I need a better look at the Qasab oud to be able to tell. I've seen Kahleel Ibrahim el Gohary ouds with similar backs and overall shape, and I know Qasab used them. I can probably rule out Nahats and J.Goerges though. Maybe you'll ask Abadi if you manage to see him this year.

Going back to Rabee3's video, there is a disturbing bit of information that comes out of it at the end. Abadi underwent a surgery on his throat in London. The good news is, it's a success and he seems to be doing well. You can hear his phone call to the program from hospital after the operation. Allah ye3tih esseha wessalama.

-Sidi

elrabee3 - 11-9-2005 at 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Check out a new video on the Video Page. Thanks to Saad in Jordan for providing me with this video clip. I'm not sure, but the oud looks like a Farouk Shehata. What do you think Mavro? Kinda looks like the one you had.

Enjoy!

mike, here is the same taqaseem plus the song from Abadi's concert in Can in 1994 from abady-aljohr forum

PLUS
as i mentioned before, the famous spanish taqaseem, the first time abadi playing it in a video recorded concert.
this is what i call the ULTIMATE MADNESS

Happy Eid :)

Pages:  1    3  4