Mike's Oud Forums

My Dimitris Nahat copy and Turkish Kanun

mavrothis - 8-19-2005 at 01:37 PM

Hi guys,

I just got back from Greece and the oud seminar in Crete. I've decided to focus only on Greek and Ottoman oud music, so I feel I should let my Dimitris Arabic oud go. Also my kanun is still available.

When my pc is repaired (it is very sick unfortunately) I'll post pics and sound, but I believe there are examples on the forum and my site already.

The oud is for sale with shipping/insurance, a custom hard case by Yiannis Seremetis, and Pure Classic K&K pickups installed inside for $1600. It is strung with a custom set of Pyramid Lute strings, and has a string length of 60.5cm.

The kanun by Shaheen is $2000 w/ hardcase and internal mics, and details related to it can be found elsewhere in this forum.

Take care,

mavrothis

ps - if i'm late responding to any inquiries, i apologize. my pc needs some serious attention...

LeeVaris - 8-20-2005 at 06:39 AM

I think you can find pictures and a sound sample from another thread here:

http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=1084#pid724...

I love this oud... I wish I could afford another one right now!

Mike - 8-20-2005 at 08:16 AM

Welcome back Mavro. We missed you my man.

mavrothis - 8-25-2005 at 06:13 AM

Thanks guys! :) I hope you've all been well.

mav

kasos - 8-25-2005 at 01:20 PM

Hi Mavrothis!

Where exactly could I find a picture of the kanun you're selling? I understood an earlier entry on this site as suggesting that the picture was on oudcafe, but I couldn't tell under which heading to look....

Mark

mavrothis - 8-25-2005 at 02:01 PM

Hi Mark,

I'll get a picture and sound up soon. I assumed I have uploaded them here but I have to do that. When my PC is back in order I will do that right away.

Hope you are well!

Take care,

mavrothis

Price has been reduced

mavrothis - 9-16-2005 at 09:17 AM

Hi,

Please note that I have reduced the price for this oud. I am now asking $1600 for the oud, the hard case, internal pickups, and shipping/insurance.

Thanks,

mavrothis

al-Halabi - 9-16-2005 at 02:41 PM

Hi Mavrothis,

Did you actually mean $1600 for the reduced price? I am asking because that was also the original price you posted.

mavrothis - 9-16-2005 at 04:04 PM

Hi,

The original price was $200 more, I just edited my original posting so there will not be confusion for someone who might only read the first post.

Hope that clears it up. This is a beautiful oud, and a great deal. I hope soon I can post more pictures and sound to help show that.

Take care,

mavrothis

1Violinist - 9-20-2005 at 08:11 PM

Hi Mavrothis!

What about the Turkish Kanun? Any pics or sound files?
Thanks!

mavrothis - 9-21-2005 at 05:13 AM

Hi 1Violinist,

I'll have pictures and sound up for you shortly for the kanun. Can you tell me where you are located? The kanun and I are currently in New York.

:)

mavrothis

1Violinist - 9-21-2005 at 10:28 AM

Hi Mavrothis!

I'm here in sunny southern California :cool:

As you can tell from my screen name, violin is my main instrument, but I also play oud, kanun, buzuq and any wooden box that has strings on it! :airguitar:

Have a wonderful day!

mavrothis - 10-15-2005 at 02:43 PM

Hi guys,

Just want to let you know that the oud has been sold. I'm very happy because I know it has gone to a serious player who will make it one of his main instruments. Thanks to Mike and everyone here! :)

Take care,

mavrothis

syrianoud - 10-15-2005 at 04:56 PM

Gongratulations on selling that oud , But never had a chance to see the pictures of it ? well good luck with the Kanoun.

Best Regards Samir ,California

spyros mesogeia - 10-17-2005 at 08:10 AM

I am sure Mavro that the new owner will enjoy it 100%,I played this instrument whent it was finished....I am sure that the new owner will be very pleased with it
Regards to all
:wavey:Spyros

syrianoud - 10-17-2005 at 08:45 PM

Spyros I love to hear that Oud , and see the picture of it. I went to your front page at your site and saw that Nahat replica. It is a great oud . I would like to see the back(BOWL) of that oud. Thank you Samir ,Califoornia

spyros mesogeia - 10-19-2005 at 02:11 AM

Dear friend,the Nahat copy is shown to Mikes long time ago
take a look on http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=1084#pid724...
You can see it there too
If you need more details please send me an e-mail,it will be my pleasure to respond you
Best Regards
Spyros Koliavasilis