Mike's Oud Forums

Quality learner ouds

Haluk - 8-31-2005 at 11:47 AM

Hi,

Quality,limited quantity learner ouds are available for 2 months.
They have Balsam wooded special pegs.Balsam pegs are same priced with Ebony pegs and as good as Ebony pegs.
Bowls are Walnut-Mahagony and Walnut-Padauk combination.Soundboards are quality Spruce wood.
Fingerboards Rosewood or Padauk.
The price is 283$, softcase,picks,tutorial VCD-1 in English "How to play oud?",shipping&handling include the price.
Pictures attached.
For more information,please send e-mail.

Regards.

oudplayer - 8-31-2005 at 12:15 PM

hey haluk
nice oud but io perfure that couch! thats hot how much u want for it
lol
thx sammy

Haluk - 8-31-2005 at 01:00 PM

283$ include shipment.

Regards.

oudplayer - 8-31-2005 at 04:18 PM

hi
i would rather have the couch then the oud
thx sammy

Greg - 8-31-2005 at 05:07 PM

Hi Haluk,

These look like great value. I need an inexpensive oud like this so I can practice in the office when business is quiet.
Can you please advise the string length and whether the included shipping price applies to Australia?

Regards,

Greg

Jonathan - 8-31-2005 at 05:55 PM

Sammy, those ouds look like a really good value for the money. Nobody offered you the couch.

Haluk - 8-31-2005 at 06:44 PM

Sammy,
Open your eyes and look carefully.It is not couche,it is curtain front of my workshop for to prevent instruments from sun shine.

Haluk - 8-31-2005 at 07:01 PM

Greg,that ouds are learner models but sounds as a professional quality oud.I am selling them for a special purpose for to help some poor children which they will begin to school this year.Last price is 283$ everywhere on the world.
Regards.

Greg - 8-31-2005 at 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Haluk
Greg,that ouds are learner models but sounds as a professional quality oud.I am selling them for a special purpose for to help some poor children which they will begin to school this year.Last price is 283$ everywhere on the world.
Regards.

Thanks Haluk, it is great to hear that you are doing this to help these children. That's a great cause, you are obviously a very good man.

Can you tell me the string-length of these ouds please?

Regards,

Greg

Haluk - 8-31-2005 at 08:20 PM

String lenght is 59 cms.

syrianoud - 8-31-2005 at 08:34 PM

Haluk I am very impressed with your Ouds and the price is very very good .It is a give away price as we say here in the USA. Haluk you are a good man , and I like your product. Will see you one day in Turkey and will custom order a OUD.I will have to buy one from you one day,But something special and a kanoun for suvenier since my Aunt used to play the Kanoun very well .I love The Kanoun reminds me my yound days . Where I used to run up and down at night at the Turkish clubs listen to music,eat good fish and drink...Ols good days......Best regards . Samir , California

PS thank you for helping people in need with offering these ouds at these great prices...God pays back........

Greg - 9-2-2005 at 12:37 AM

I have now ordered one of the Walnut-Mahagony "learner" ouds from Haluk.
It will be great to have an instrument in the office for the quiet times (I have a feeling I may have to create some extra quiet times) ;)

It will be interesting to see how such an inexpensive instrument sounds and how well it plays.
I will report back to the forum upon its arrival (Delivery in 7-9 days in a plywood crate).

Regards,

Greg

Eric - 9-2-2005 at 09:19 AM

I have also ordered one of the Walnut-Mahogony learner ouds from Haluk. :applause:

It is my first oud, and I am very excited to begin my studies of the instrument on such a lovely one!

Wish me luck,
Eric

syrianoud - 9-2-2005 at 12:25 PM

To GREG ...ERIC ...Lots of luck, Congratulations i think that Haluk will sell you a good instrument he wont rune his reputation for money . Please post pictures and info when you two get the Ouds.Very Best regards....Samir ,California

PS Mr Haluk is a very nice man ,Honest and strait forward,I like the guy , We Email each other form time to time and he gives me some advice on Ouds and things.You guys will be happy with his product......

Haluk - 9-7-2005 at 11:08 AM

Hi Greg,Eric,

I have sent your ouds today by express mail service of Turkish Post office.

I will inform details by e-mails to you.
Please inform when you recieved your ouds.

Regards all.

Greg - 9-7-2005 at 01:22 PM

Thanks Haluk.

Regards,

Greg

Eric - 9-7-2005 at 06:48 PM

Great news, Haluk! I can't wait to start learning--
Eric

Your email adress

Alarabi - 9-12-2005 at 08:38 PM

Hi Mr Haluk !
My friend want to buy an oud, but I did'nt find your email address.
Regards
Youssef

Haluk - 9-12-2005 at 10:30 PM

My e-mail address is:halukeraydin@yahoo.com and
halukeraydin@hotmail.com.

Regards.

I am interested in buying one oud

yohaymalul - 9-13-2005 at 08:19 PM

Hello Haluk,
Do you still have any of these special offer ouds?
If so, I got some questions:
Do they keep the tunning?
What is the "action" like?
How long does it take to ship to Los Angeles, California?
Thanks,
Nissim
nissim@malul.info

Haluk - 9-13-2005 at 09:28 PM

Yes,I have still that ouds.I am putting Balsam special made pegs on them for to keep tune.
My all ouds have low action.
Turkish airlines carry the packages in 3-4 days to New York JFK Airport but because of terror and customs controls arrival may be in 9-14 days,to nearest post office of your address.
Regards all.

The Eagle Has Landed

Greg - 9-19-2005 at 08:29 PM

My Haluk "learner oud" arrived yesterday. I am very impressed with it. It is better than I expected at the price.

It was very safely packed in a purpose built ply box and surrounded by foam (and its gig bag). Included were three (learner) rishas and a training CD.

First impressions:
The tuning pegs are very good quality and the fit is perfect. It is a pleasure to tune and it holds tuning well. I used Arabic tuning. The action is also perfect (about 2 mm where the neck meets the bowl).
The bottom end is surprisingly deep for a Turkish oud. The treble strings ( gg and cc) are not as bright as one would wish, but that may be improved with a string change (I am going to try Aquilas on it).
A friend of mine with a student oud removed the shamsiyya and he says that it opened the treble sound up a lot. I doubt that I will do that though, I don't want to ruin what is a nice little instrument.

I recommend one of these to anybody wanting an inexpensive second instrument to take on holidays etc., or for anybody starting out and wanting a good starter instrument. It is very playable.

SamirCanada - 9-19-2005 at 09:28 PM

Congradulations Greg.
could you post something in the arabic tuning. to have an idea of what a turkish oud that is tuned in arabic sounds like.
Thanks samir

yohaymalul - 9-19-2005 at 10:41 PM

Thanks for your reply. Looks good. You put me at ease with your comments.
Nissim

Jason - 9-20-2005 at 03:39 PM

Greg could you post a soundclip of the oud? Do you think there would be much difference in sound between the padauk and mohogany or is it more of an aesthetical issue? I plan on ordering one of these later this week, it looks great. Can't wait to hear how it sounds.

Greg - 9-20-2005 at 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason
Greg could you post a soundclip of the oud? Do you think there would be much difference in sound between the padauk and mohogany or is it more of an aesthetical issue? I plan on ordering one of these later this week, it looks great. Can't wait to hear how it sounds.

I have fitted Aquila strings, so it will take a few days for them to settle in before I can post a sound file.
I doubt the bowl material would make a big difference, but you should ask Haluk.

Regards,

Greg

syrianoud - 9-20-2005 at 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Greg
My Haluk "learner oud" arrived yesterday. I am very impressed with it. It is better than I expected at the price.

It was very safely packed in a purpose built ply box and surrounded by foam (and its gig bag). Included were three (learner) rishas and a training CD.

First impressions:
The tuning pegs are very good quality and the fit is perfect. It is a pleasure to tune and it holds tuning well. I used Arabic tuning. The action is also perfect (about 2 mm where the neck meets the bowl).
The bottom end is surprisingly deep for a Turkish oud. The treble strings ( gg and cc) are not as bright as one would wish, but that may be improved with a string change (I am going to try Aquilas on it).
A friend of mine with a student oud removed the shamsiyya and he says that it opened the treble sound up a lot. I doubt that I will do that though, I don't want to ruin what is a nice little instrument.

I recommend one of these to anybody wanting an inexpensive second instrument to take on holidays etc., or for anybody starting out and wanting a good starter instrument. It is very playable.

Regards Greg ,Congratulations on that pretty Oud,I will get one too ,Try it and give it as a gift. The Oud looks great I was waiting for your comments,And they are positive .What color i need to specefy .I send an email to Mr. Haluk saying that I want the same oud as Greg. I will try it never had a Turkish oud but i will try one and then get a real expensive one from Haluk the Pro once that he has,But i can tune it to Arabic,And should I change the strings,i have here at least 8 deferent brands you name it and I got it.I bought a real big quantity of strings they come handy .Funny when they shipp ouds and they are in my room under the humidifire i sudenly hear strings pop. Done forget that ouds are 5 to 6 days traveling the world...Best regards and lots of good health to all of us..Samir ,California

Greg - 9-20-2005 at 07:11 PM

After posting photos of the Haluk learner oud, I realised that I have never posted a photo of my real true-love.

Here she is.

To Mr.Haluk Erydin

syrianoud - 9-21-2005 at 07:23 AM

I have been Emailing you but no respond ? I am interested in getting the same oud as Greg got ,The exact one and would like to know how to pay you???Paypal is the fastest way if you accept or a credit card? Can you please let me know.Thank you Samir,California

Eric - 9-21-2005 at 09:33 AM

I'm jealous, Greg! Mine is still in transit somewhere, probably stalled at customs in New York. Thanks for posting the pictures, though. They'll keep me going until the oud itself arrives...

Eric

Jason - 9-22-2005 at 03:41 PM

I placed my order with Haluk yesterday, hopefully customs won't hold it up too long. I'm looking forward to it very much

syrianoud - 9-22-2005 at 05:00 PM

Haluk Is in Ankara , His mother past away , I just got an Email from him this morning .I like to place an order
but no one there to take the orders till he is back .thats what i think , since I wrote him a few days ago and he did not respond ,I was a bit worried but now I know why.So I think we should give it a few more days till he gats back and we can comunicate with him. Best Regards Samir ,California

Jason - 9-22-2005 at 06:18 PM

Yes I don't expect he will be able to ship my oud for a few days or a week that is fine. I hope he is doing well it is very difficult to lose a close family member

Haluk - 9-24-2005 at 03:42 AM

Dear Friends,

I have just turned back from Ankara last night.Ofcourse to lose my mother is a big regret for me but this is the life,someday,I will pass also.

Jason,Tuesday or Wednesday I will post your oud and inform you.

Regards all.

syrianoud - 9-24-2005 at 07:49 AM

Welcome back friend and brother Haluk.Glad to have you back.

Regards Samir ,California

syrianoud - 9-24-2005 at 10:23 AM

I just placed an order for onre of these ouds same oud as Greg has,As he recomended this oud,But i like to try it and buy a better one from my friend Haluk.I never had a Turkish oud ,Where i have a Turkish blood from my Grand Parents .Haha I should have a Turkish oud.I will try this one before i order an expensive one.Arael Pro one with the hard fiberglass case the $1600 oud.
Thank you Haluk for shipping the oud next Wed, That is very nice of you. The pictures Greg Posted are very nice looks like amillion $ oud.Really I was impressed by his pics.and his feedback was very positive.Thank you abd may Allah Bless you ,Samir,California

Greg - 9-24-2005 at 06:20 PM

Jason, Eric, Nissim, Samir,

As this is a very inexpensive instrument, the supplied strings are of limited quality. I changed my mind (from Aquila) and fitted Pyramid lute strings to mine. It came alive. (The Aquila strings may have been the better choice, I will experiment later)
The new strings are still settling in and I may need to raise the action a shade to compensate for the lower tension of these strings, but I am very happy with it.

As promised, I have attached my first attempt at recording this instrument. I used a little reverb, but no other effects or EQ.

Regards,

Greg

tezza - 9-25-2005 at 03:25 AM

Sounds good Greg. Sounds like Jason will be off to a good start with one of those ouds.

Eric - 9-25-2005 at 06:29 AM

Thanks, Greg--both for the advice on strings and for the recording! It sounds great, and I can't wait to get started.

Mine should come any day now; I'll let you all know when it does.

Eric

Jason - 9-25-2005 at 06:34 AM

Great playing Greg! Eric, let us know when you get it, I'm curious as to how long I can expect customs to hold it here in the USA.

Greg, do the lute strings affect the tonality of the instrument differently than oud strings?

DD - 9-25-2005 at 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Greg

The new strings are still settling in and I may need to raise the action a shade to compensate for the lower tension of these strings, but I am very happy with it.

Greetings Greg. If you do raise the action, will you simply place a shim under the nut, or...?

Thank you,
Don

Greg - 9-25-2005 at 08:42 PM

Thanks for the nice comments. I'll try to play something a little more authentic when the strings settle in.

Jason, I can't answer your question about the lute strings. I have not used any of the Pyramid "oud" sets, only the lute strings. There are several forum members that will be able to give you much better advice than I.

DD, The (slight) problem is not with the instrument itself, it is because the strings I used are of low tension and were designed to be used on a 60 cm instrument.
If it still buzzes after the strings settle in, I will either re-arrange the way the strings enter the bridge or change to an Aquila Arabic string set.

Regards,

Greg

Elias - 9-26-2005 at 01:59 AM

Hello Greg,
Your playing is very intimate! and the ouds sounds really goog...I love Pyramid Lute strings a lot, i use them on Nahat because the have low tension and didn't stress the instrument...let us listen if you change to aquila...
For the buzz, did you tried pulling the strings nearby the bridge?
salamat:airguitar:
elias

Greg - 9-26-2005 at 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Elias
Hello Greg,
Your playing is very intimate! and the ouds sounds really goog...I love Pyramid Lute strings a lot, i use them on Nahat because the have low tension and didn't stress the instrument...let us listen if you change to aquila...
For the buzz, did you tried pulling the strings nearby the bridge?
salamat:airguitar:
elias

Hello Elias,

Thanks for your kind comments. Did you notice the picture further up the page? It's #1032, made around the same time as your #1039.
We have one other thing in common:
http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=1501#pid957...
Now all I gotta do is learn to play like you :bowdown:

I did the string thing on the learner oud and it has improved it. But I think the Aquilas will be the ultimate answer.

Regards,

Greg

Elias - 9-26-2005 at 06:27 AM

Dear Greg,
yes, I forgot to tell you in the post about it!The oud it's the same as mine!but i haven't the armrest at the end of the soundboard...lovely oud...
But what's a real love is that AMAZING Roufan!oh, it's so beautiful and the story behind is nice...
Have you a sound file of it?i'd love to listen to its sound....:bounce:
regards
elias

Eric - 9-26-2005 at 11:04 AM

It's here! Arrived not three minutes ago--in fact, I haven't taken it out of the package yet. How's that for loyalty to Mike's Oud Forums?

Jason--you asked how long it took--let's see: Haluk mailed it on the 7th, so in total, 19 days, which seems now just a little longer than the 14 days Haluk had predicted, although every day that went by felt like a week! I don't know whether customs or the weather slowed things down, but in any case, it's here now.

:applause:

I'll post pictures, etc., as soon as I can.

Thank you Haluk, and thank you Mike!

To Mr. Haluk Erydin

syrianoud - 9-29-2005 at 09:37 AM

Thank you Haluk I got your MSN Message on my cell phone.....

Haluk - 9-29-2005 at 10:54 AM

Hi Sam,

I'll post your Walnut-Mahagony oud tomorrow morning.

Regards brother.

syrianoud - 9-29-2005 at 11:59 AM

Quote:
Hi Sam,

I'll post your Walnut-Mahagony oud tomorrow morning.

Regards brother.

Thank you very much brother and God bless you ,hope that you are doing fine ,after that big loss of your mother ,May the Allah bless you and your family and stay healthy . Thanks again Regards Brother , Samir,California

Mr. Greg your Haluk Oud is great

syrianoud - 9-29-2005 at 12:00 PM

Greg , Your Haluk Erydin Oud looks great I keep looking at it and I am getting mine soon ,For that price we are getting a LOT..It really looks great , Please let me know what the final strings to use on it and the tuning . Best regards Samir ,California

Haluk - 9-29-2005 at 12:51 PM

Labella or Aquila brand strings will be excellent for these ouds.Last year,I was sent to UC Berkeley University California music depatment 5 pcs. same ouds.Mr. Eliot Bates,teacher professor of music department,was told me for to put Aquila strings on ouds.His e-mail address is "oudplayer -AT- gmail DOT com" . You can get advice from him.

Regards all.

syrianoud - 9-29-2005 at 07:48 PM

Quote:
Labella or Aquila brand strings will be excellent for these ouds.Last year,I was sent to UC Berkeley University California music depatment 5 pcs. same ouds.Mr. Eliot Bates,teacher professor of music department,was told me for to put Aquila strings on ouds.His e-mail address is "oudplayer -AT- gmail DOT com" . You can get advice from him.

Regards all.

Thank you Brother ,I emailed him will see what he says.Best regards .Samir.California

Eric - 9-30-2005 at 11:16 AM

Please let us all know, Samir, what he says! I don't want to bother him with a separate email, but I am very curious what strings and tunings Mr. Bates chose.

I am working on maqam Nahawand using the videos here at Mike's Ouds, and studying the DVD that came with the oud as well. Just trying to get a handle on the most basic elements of the instrument--a wonderful challenge, and my kids are fascinated. Maybe one of them will take it up as well!

Eric

syrianoud - 9-30-2005 at 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric
Please let us all know, Samir, what he says! I don't want to bother him with a separate email, but I am very curious what strings and tunings Mr. Bates chose.

I am working on maqam Nahawand using the videos here at Mike's Ouds, and studying the DVD that came with the oud as well. Just trying to get a handle on the most basic elements of the instrument--a wonderful challenge, and my kids are fascinated. Maybe one of them will take it up as well!

Eric

Hey Eric I just Emailed the University of Southern California where they bought last year a few Ouds the same as this and he wrote me that they tested LaBella and Aquila string and AQUILA was the best the yare Made in Italy and you can buy them at .
http://www.oud-strings.com/#aquila
Thank you hope that will help anyone wanting to change the strings on this oud.Best Regards,Samir.California

Jason - 10-1-2005 at 11:11 AM

I am going to order a set of the C# F# B E A D strings. Should I leave the supplied strings on to experiment with tuning the low strings differently? I would like to try EABEAD but I don't know if it would be safe to tune the C# and F# up that much

Problem with haluk oud

Alarabi - 10-7-2005 at 01:15 PM

I have just received the 283 $ dollars quality oud learners (99$), but this oud has a smal problems with the peges..
I m' looking to buy violin pegs, I don't know where I can find it.
I apologise to mr Haluk, but I'm a oud teacher, this one is for a student that ask me buy it for him.
Regarsd

Jonathan - 10-7-2005 at 02:43 PM

Make sure the pegs are clean--sometimes luthiers put talc or other products on them to make them turn smoothly (although Haluk says he is no longer doing this), and it just makes them slip. It might not be a bad idea to use a fine sandpaper on the pegs if you think that they are out of round, and not fitting well. I have had this problem, and solved it by removing the junk the luthier had put on the peg, and then lightly sanding the peg.
I don't think having an oud go through shipping is going to change the quality of the fit, however. It fits, or it doesn't. It doesn't matter who made it. And if it made out of soft wood (does the wood dent in where it fits the peg box, or is it heavily grooved from the string), it just isn't worth dealing with.
Also, you might want to check the nut, and the grooves on the nut, and make sure that they are adequate. This could account for the jumping when you tune.
Just about any shop that sells violins will sell pegs. And, ebay is usually loaded with them-- just search "ebony pegs". But, you have to fit them. If I were you, I would have them fit by a luthier.

Hi

Alarabi - 10-7-2005 at 05:15 PM

Thank you samir and jonhatan !
The pegs fit very well is most of them, but they slept !
I have to sand them, or order 11 ebony pegs.
I m' wondering the put a new guitar machine, but it's a risky task.
I live in montreal canada.
Thank you guys ;)

Hi

Alarabi - 10-7-2005 at 09:00 PM

Hi samir canada
Thank you so much, I have sent you an email
regards
;)
Hi syriaoud !
Thank you so much my friend
:wavey:

Haluk - 10-8-2005 at 08:00 PM

Hi Alarabi,

I was in Ankara for tretment a bleeding point in my right leg because of a bad angioplast and my worker has sent your oud.I just turned back from hospital.There must be something wrong,I have put that ouds quality Balsam pegs with same price with Ebony pegs.Please send me a picyure of the oud's,if there is a fault,I will send you a set of Balsam pegs.Till they arrive,insert the pegs to holes for to stop slipping.
I apologize for the fault of my worker.
Regards.

Haluk - 10-8-2005 at 11:50 PM

Hi Alarabi,

You are wrong brother,these ouds are not tourist ouds,I never sold tourist ouds.They are my learner ouds with better quality with quality imported Balsam pegs same priced with Ebony pegs.
If you are expecting concert quality professional oud with this price,it is impossible.You should pay over $700 for a prof quality oud.
I have sold my wholesaler and retailer customers in US,Australia,Japan, Israel,Malaysia,Spain and other countries in the world,all of them satisfied about sound and quality.

Hi Haluk

Alarabi - 10-9-2005 at 02:09 PM

HI haluk !
I m sorry, the oud is very good I apologize
I have changed the string, I put Lebela, the sounds is very good ! the pegs were not the problems but the strings.
I have payed only 20 canadiens dollars for Labella.
Sorry for diffaming your nice work, I beg your pardon.
I will uplaod a recording from that oud as soon as possible.
It was a misunderstanding, I beg your pardon again.
Best regards

Jason - 10-9-2005 at 05:13 PM

Alarabi, did you get the padauk or walnut oud? Could you post pictures?

Haluk - 10-9-2005 at 09:18 PM

Hi Jason,

I have sent Padauk-Walnut combination oud only to you as your wish.

I hope you recieved it.

Alarabi,

I will send you a set of Balsam pegs,after I saw pictures and punish my worker.
Regards.

yohaymalul - 10-9-2005 at 09:54 PM

Greg, Thanks for your woderful oud music sample- really great!
I got my oud, and I am still a beginner, but it sounds way better than my old oud. Haluk is an honest person, he made sure I had all my questions answered. :xtreme:
Thank you

Greg - 10-9-2005 at 11:04 PM

Thanks for your kind comments yohaymalul.

It is good to hear that you are happy with your new instrument. I have changed to Aquila strings (Arabic set) and I recommend these strings for this instrument. They are designed for 60 cm string length and some folks feel they are a little too heavy (in tension) at that length. But I like them very much on the 58 cm Haluk learner oud. I did some tests and found that the tension with these strings (on the 58 cm instrument) is exactly the same as the tension on a 60 cm instrument detuned a semitone (half a step).

Enjoy your new oud.

Regards,

Greg

syrianoud - 10-10-2005 at 07:56 AM

Greg ....Good to know about your testing , I did not get mine yet but defenetly I will try the Aquila strings on my Haluk oud when i get it.

Regards

Samir,California

Jason - 10-11-2005 at 05:14 PM

I got my padauk oud today. I'm a total beginner with the oud but I have been around quality instruments long enough to tell that this oud is worth the money I paid for it. The sound was deeper than I expected and I suspect it will greatly improve with new strings.

As can be expected it took awhile to get it tuned and keep the pegs from slipping but I'm sure they'll settle in during the next few days. I plan on getting a set of aquila strings, I just haven't decided what tuning I would like to use. Right now it's tuned to Arabic, I figured it would be less stressful on the pegs and strings to tune to Arabic first. I will try some different Turkish tunings later on.

Here are some pics

syrianoud - 10-11-2005 at 05:58 PM

Jasom MABROUK in Arabic, Very nice Oud .Hope you enjoy it . Still waiting for mone .Samir California

Eric - 10-12-2005 at 04:11 PM

Congratulations, Jason! What a lovely one--the paduk just glows. I'm finding the "Learn to Play" videos here really helpful, by the way, along with the DVD that came with the oud; you should give them a try!

Jason - 10-12-2005 at 06:12 PM

I am working my way through it, trying to focus on one or two maqam a day. It is indeed helpful. On another note, my cat is loving the soft oud case... it has been sleeping in it most of the day hehe

syrianoud - 10-12-2005 at 09:51 PM

Quote:
I am working my way through it, trying to focus on one or two maqam a day. It is indeed helpful. On another note, my cat is loving the soft oud case... it has been sleeping in it most of the day hehe

Hey Jason my two cats love the sound of the Oud.....:):) Not the soft cases ....

Alarabi - 10-12-2005 at 10:14 PM

Quote:

two maqam a day ? isn't too much ?
Good luck :applause:

Jason - 10-13-2005 at 05:23 AM

That is not to say that I am mastering the maqam in a day! hehe I am just practicing them up and down the neck and learning the names of them. I have never had a fretless instrument of this scale so it is taking some work to get my intonation into place.

syrianoud - 10-15-2005 at 04:36 PM

Just got mine today from Haluk .not a bad oud for the price . Oud was packed very good in a plywood case , Very good way to ship but a bit expensive if it was here in the USA .The box is a good size box .I had a oud shipped by theoudman and that was the best way to ship .i still have the box I will take a Picture of it one day and post it so all of you will see if ever you want to ship a oud.

syrianoud - 10-15-2005 at 04:42 PM

Haluk why you dont put a label inside the oud saying made by Haluk Eraydin .Date Etc... that will be good for your business ,When you sell a oud here first thing people look at the label . no label no good even if it sounds great. I am not intending to sell it ,just an Idea and does others agree with me ? that helps your business and get your name spred all over that world .I know that you sell Japan (Mr. Fushimi) Ouds hope that you have them Labeled. Regards and thank you for that lovely oud.

syrianoud - 10-15-2005 at 04:43 PM

Decent Peg Box

syrianoud - 10-15-2005 at 04:45 PM

Face is a little deferent than Jasons Just the Pickquard

syrianoud - 10-15-2005 at 04:47 PM

Thanks Again Mr. Haluk That was a nice thing from you in the Month of Ramadan to do that . Allah will pay you back. Inshallah good health and a good year to come in your move to your new place and sell a lots of Ouds.

Haluk - 10-16-2005 at 02:35 AM

Thank you very much for your nice wishes.I have prepared new label for my ouds but I couldn't go to printhouse because of my illness from my right leg.I had a bad angio 7 months before at Antalya.
Regards.