Mike's Oud Forums

looks like a Fadel oud

SamirCanada - 2-26-2006 at 04:44 PM

This oud looks decent. I dont know if its a real fadel or not but it looks well made.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mohammed-Fadhel-Fadel-and-Sons-Iraqui-Bashir-Ou...

Alan - 3-2-2006 at 05:08 PM

Doesn't look like a real Fadel to me. Bashir floating bridge style but not the real deal.

SamirCanada - 3-2-2006 at 08:37 PM

one poor fellow placed a bet on it tho...

palestine48 - 3-2-2006 at 09:19 PM

With all tis talk about real and fake fadels. I must ask what does a real fadel look like and how can you tell?

Ronny Andersson - 3-3-2006 at 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by palestine48
With all tis talk about real and fake fadels. I must ask what does a real fadel look like and how can you tell?

Is a real mess ;) Mohammed had difficult time at the end of his life and his son Omar was very bad to him - had him arrested....Omar took care for the faking of his ouds, faked numbers (dated back in time) and faked signatures etc. but an expert of Fadel ouds, who have played his ¨own¨ works, seen the different labels should be able to recognise authentic pieces. I need to point out that Yaroub Fadel had nothing to do with the filthy work done by some of his brothers in Iraq.
There's one guy in Iraq who has the orginal moulds from Fadel's workshop and he was also learning oud building at his workshop. This guy is said to be a master to build faked Fadel's.....